Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-18-2018, 06:20 PM   #91
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Turned out awesome!
Thanks man i appreciate it !
Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #92
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This. This is how you put together a s chassis. Great work OP car looks awesome
Old 01-05-2019, 07:51 PM   #93
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
This. This is how you put together a s chassis. Great work OP car looks awesome
Much appreciated
Old 01-09-2019, 11:15 PM   #94
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

My website is now up and running if anyone here is interested in anything ! Www.defworxshop.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2019, 11:29 PM   #95
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

I came across a S14 SR Head with valve cover for 50$. Decided to use it to make the S13.4 hybrid cover since I had a spare s13 cover already. If you don’t already know the reason for doing this is the upgraded internal baffling the s14 cover has over the s13. No need for a stock external catch can.
Since I do powder coating now I’m able to make all my metal parts look great. Wish I had access to this when first stating on this car !

Finally got around to rebuilding the R33 front brakes for it. Blue powder matching the valve cover.
All new hardware, pads, and braided lines of course

Since I’m installing the brakes my wheels will not clear them and a 7mm or so spacer will need to be added.
The problem is my wheel is already maxed out against my fender (camber maxed). To make extra room I have to tweak my set up.
I’m replacing my 2” extended control arms with a fresh set of 1.5” arms. This time they are tig welded! Of course I paint matched them the same black with purple flake the old ones were.

Will soon be installing everything and re doing the alignment

Old 01-10-2019, 08:02 AM   #96
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Awesome progress.

Its amazing that people don't understand how simple / relatively low cost a powder coating set up for small parts is. I have a handful of friends who do it in old home ovens. Typically having a blasting set up is the hardest part.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:55 AM   #97
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Awesome progress.

Its amazing that people don't understand how simple / relatively low cost a powder coating set up for small parts is. I have a handful of friends who do it in old home ovens. Typically having a blasting set up is the hardest part.

Tell me about it ... still trying to dial in my blast cabinet. Actual powder is super simple. I’m curing in a small cooking smoker

Old 01-11-2019, 07:36 AM   #98
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Just read through the build thread. I love it man, great work.

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:23 PM   #99
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Suprareal's Proper Silvia Conversion Build

Hybrid valve cover and brakes are now on. Had the rotors turned but there already rusting since the car doesn’t drive anywhere haha
The new strut bar I’ll talk more on once it’s finished.

Had to replace the valve cover pcv valve with new

I learned that when doing this s13.4 valve cover conversion you’ll need to trim the RH rocker stoppers if your running them. Or else the cover will not fit due to it having a extra fin/baffle.
So instead of trimming the inside of the cover I decided to trim the stopper.
( notice how much is cut. After installing the cover take off your oil cap and inspect the cam does not make contact with the stopper due to the cover pushing downwards on it)
The stopper still works perfectly fine this way.

Only a couple more exterior things I have plans on doing to the car then it’s onto finishing the interior !

Old 02-12-2019, 01:06 AM   #100
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprareal View Post
Tell me about it ... still trying to dial in my blast cabinet. Actual powder is super simple. I’m curing in a small cooking smoker

Yo who’s valve cover is that?
R u in LA?

anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:32 PM   #101
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_240 View Post
Yo who’s valve cover is that?
R u in LA?

Yeah well Long Beach. This cover went on a car I was selling but I’ve done a few this color for people.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:13 PM   #102
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprareal View Post
Yeah well Long Beach. This cover went on a car I was selling but I’ve done a few this color for people.

Oh shit haha cool man, well maybe you did mine that’s why I’m asking , I’m in LA and got mine powder coated that exact color

anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:25 PM   #103
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

A while ago I was building a strut bar which I finished then down the road someone made a offer on it so ... I sold it. Here is the finished product

I felt the dimple plate down the middle didn’t flow with the rest of the car so I made another without it and CNC cut out the bolt ring to strengthen the entire thing
My intercooler piping was old work and didn’t aesthetically represent the quality work I do now so I redid it all !
Might be hard to tell at first but now has much less pie cuts and welds while the welds are much better than before

Finally got around to adding the intake to valve cover AN line too

Old 02-10-2020, 08:39 PM   #104
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

If your also following my hatch thread here’s a quick update on it ! It’s gone thru some big changes
From lsx to 2jz

Old 02-10-2020, 09:06 PM   #105
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

I finally got out of the backyard makeshift shop and moved my business Defworx into a shared garage space

Feel free to check out the website for anything you might need!
Www.defworxshop.com
Or fallow on Instagram @defworx

Here’s a few shots to share of the shop

Old 02-11-2020, 09:22 AM   #106
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
That coupe is fire....my 12yr old son saw the pics n said dad...i wanna build one like that. Gave a high five n said...that son..is life goals! Lol
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:07 PM   #107
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
That coupe is fire....my 12yr old son saw the pics n said dad...i wanna build one like that. Gave a high five n said...that son..is life goals! Lol

That’s gotta be the awesomest thing said about this car! It’s inspirational being a inspiration haha
Reminds me of a time I was at a red light and a kid holding his dads hand in the crosswalk pointed at my hatch and said “daddy is that a race car ?”

Old 04-06-2022, 11:16 AM   #108
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Bumping this up.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 12:52 PM   #109
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Bumping this up.
stop bumping threads that have no updates for 2 years unless you're posting an update bro.
Old 04-07-2022, 12:04 PM   #110
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
OP's Last Activity: 09-08-2021 12:33 AM

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 07:29 PM   #111
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

New coil pack covers I started making
Interior is finished. Dash is wrapped along with the door panels

Old 06-20-2022, 07:35 PM   #112
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Suprareal's Proper Silvia Conversion Build

My RX7 has been taking up most of my time now
Decided to ditch the rotary and do a 1.5JZ since I?ve accumulated all the parts for super cheap over the years

Last edited by Suprareal; 06-20-2022 at 08:56 PM..
Old 06-20-2022, 08:55 PM   #113
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Few more recent shots

Old 06-21-2022, 04:54 PM   #114
OaxKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
OaxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Show us more of that FD.
OaxKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 05:30 PM   #115
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaxKouki View Post

Show us more of that FD.

Besides the swap I?m keeping the car as stock as possible all around
I built everything on the car without hacking the body what so ever. No grinding, drilling, hammering, wire splicing, etc at all.
It?s a 1.5JZ running 2JZ aristo ecu, injectors, and maf so it?s running just as a 2JZ would only it sounds a lot more pissed off in the rev range
CD09 trans with shortened shifter I build sits dead center in the shift hole

Old 06-21-2022, 05:35 PM   #116
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Unfortunately this is as low as I can get the car without the oil pan being to low. In order for the stock hood to fit the oil pan sits way low.
Build custom ac lines I just need to finish the wiring up along with a few other things. Then the car will sit until I decide to paint it

Old 06-21-2022, 05:37 PM   #117
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Did ASB in the hatch that was awesome
The ?S16? trailer is still in use as well