Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #121
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
I dont think people who can afford a $140,000 automobile necessarily worry about the price of something breaking on the car.

They care very much, trust me.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2014, 05:54 AM   #122
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
They care very much, trust me.

first off, dont take what I said out of context, its already generalized to begin with

second, no.

man walks into bmw dealership

'hello I bent a wheel on my i8'

'ok sir lemme look up how much it would cost to replace, so its $1000 for the new wheel'

'nah man thats way too much, imma go look on rockauto and ebay, put some rotas on it, peace'

this scenario will never happen.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...62&hg=36&fg=15
Old 11-07-2014, 06:17 AM   #123
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
first off, dont take what I said out of context, its already generalized to begin with

second, no.

man walks into bmw dealership

'hello I bent a wheel on my i8'

'ok sir lemme look up how much it would cost to replace, so its $1000 for the new wheel'

'nah man thats way too much, imma go look on rockauto and ebay, put some rotas on it, peace'

this scenario will never happen.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...62&hg=36&fg=15

That scenario is bullshit and you know it.

The i8 owner would just have insurance cover it. Trust me, if the i8 had the car in the shop every other week, they would be screaming.

Just people people have "more money" doesn't mean they enjoy spending and bring inconvenienced more than people without money.

That stupid logic can just as easily apply to 240sx owners vs FRS owners you think someone that can flip 30 large on a car goes to the dealership an when told its $300 to fix their noisy fuel injector pump they be all "fuck that, crickets give it character"
Old 11-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #124
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
That scenario is bullshit and you know it.

The i8 owner would just have insurance cover it. Trust me, if the i8 had the car in the shop every other week, they would be screaming.

Just people people have "more money" doesn't mean they enjoy spending and bring inconvenienced more than people without money.

That stupid logic can just as easily apply to 240sx owners vs FRS owners you think someone that can flip 30 large on a car goes to the dealership an when told its $300 to fix their noisy fuel injector pump they be all "fuck that, crickets give it character"
lawls stop taking what I say out of context, youre just repeating my original statement.

what youre talking about are lemon cars, what I am talking about is completely different.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #125
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
I dont think people who can afford a $140,000 automobile necessarily worry about the price of something breaking on the car.

its one thing if the auto is a lemon, but if you gotta replace one of the CF wheels or a busted laser headlight oh well! play to pay

http://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=910976

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwKdQQ5WOXA

chris harris does a cool review on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5I6xuhNgVg

car is drop dead beautiful, very futuristic looking, amazing that you can have a german sports car with a pure ev mode.
I don't care how much money anyone has. No one wants to be stranded on the road in a $140,000 car with questionable reliability & then have to leave it in the shop for a week or so while speciality parts are on order. Not saying that will certainly happen to the i8, but like most modern BMW's and Benz's, there is a very short limit on how much I'd trust that car outside of it's factory warranty. You got Hydrid tech, turbo tech, KERS, paddleshifters & AWD. That is too much shit going on for me. I love how it looks, but I predict it'll end up exactly like the old 8 series: revered from a far, but far to costly to most to maintain. They'll flood the secondhand market as 1st owners dump them and be as rare as unicorns to be seen driving within 10 years.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #126
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I don't care how much money anyone has. No one wants to be stranded on the road in a $140,000 car with questionable reliability & then have to leave it in the shop for a week or so while speciality parts are on order. Not saying that will certainly happen to the i8, but like most modern BMW's and Benz's, there is a very short limit on how much I'd trust that car outside of it's factory warranty. You got Hydrid tech, turbo tech, KERS, paddleshifters & AWD. That is too much shit going on for me. I love how it looks, but I predict it'll end up exactly like the old 8 series: revered from a far, but far to costly to most to maintain. They'll flood the secondhand market as 1st owners dump them and be as rare as unicorns to be seen driving within 10 years.
agreed if a car is a lemon its a lemon. Early adopters should inherently know the risks theyre getting into regarding a brand new car w/ brand new technology.

for example the people who have teslas that caught on fire, it would be more of a surprise if there wasnt any hiccups with first gen new technology.

so yes time will tell albeit were talking about a car whose production numbers are in the hundreds, with 1500-2000 units sold being the projected sales target. There is already a 10-12 month waiting list for it, all the 2015 units have been spoken for in the US.

and speakin of the 8 series, they are apparently a pain to work on but can be sooo cleannn.

850csi w/ the s70b56 6 speed tranny, same motor (different head?) found in the mclaren f1

Old 11-08-2014, 01:36 AM   #127
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Trust me.
Literally the worst argument for anything ever.

The I8 isn't this so I don't care. It's also not the car anyone that cares about cars asked for. It should have been the bleeding edge of chassis engineering and a midengine mounted NA German V12 or TT flatplane V8.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #128
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The i8 is something that showed BMW's audacity to make a technological showcase that works, and is a symbol of large-scale lightweight and sustainable manufacturing. It may not be at the bleeding edge of handling and power, but it's at the bleeding edge of technology.

It's not a very good car. It's not a hypercar, it can't go around the 'Ring in less than 8 minutes. It is a car for people who like owning a special car but who aren't enthusiasts- and for that, it's fantastic. It reduces BMW's overall CO2 numbers and allows them to refine that particular side of their business.

Sustainable cars are extremely important to us enthusiasts. The more of them there are, the less heat is on us to live within the new parameters. The more of them, the longer the performance car has to live.

With the BRICS countries growing and consuming more and more, we need to reconsider our everyday cars because we all know that our governments will enact more legislation and our voices are ever-diminishing. The i8 brings drama to the world of Priuses, Camry Hybrids, and Sonata Hybrids.

The i8 and i3 also are reducing the cost of large-scale carbon fiber production. That by itself is exciting news.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #129
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
The i8 and i3 also are reducing the cost of large-scale carbon fiber production. That by itself is exciting news.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/15/r...ts-90-percent/

http://autoblog.search.aol.com/searc...it=header_form

+1 bmw has been a serious proponent of cf usage and making it more mainstream.

I've had the chance to sit in an i3 and the way bmw approached the whole car you can touch, see, feel how the car is geared toward environmental sustainability.

http://jalopnik.com/the-bmw-i3-is-of...ery-1462999376
Old 11-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #130
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
The i8 is something that showed BMW's audacity to make a technological showcase that works, and is a symbol of large-scale lightweight and sustainable manufacturing. It may not be at the bleeding edge of handling and power, but it's at the bleeding edge of technology.

It's not a very good car. It's not a hypercar, it can't go around the 'Ring in less than 8 minutes. It is a car for people who like owning a special car but who aren't enthusiasts- and for that, it's fantastic. It reduces BMW's overall CO2 numbers and allows them to refine that particular side of their business.

Sustainable cars are extremely important to us enthusiasts. The more of them there are, the less heat is on us to live within the new parameters. The more of them, the longer the performance car has to live.

With the BRICS countries growing and consuming more and more, we need to reconsider our everyday cars because we all know that our governments will enact more legislation and our voices are ever-diminishing. The i8 brings drama to the world of Priuses, Camry Hybrids, and Sonata Hybrids.

These are actually very insightful points and hold a lot of truth for us as enthusiasts.

I was having a discussion about the very fact that few car companies these days are even focusing on going racing.
Literally this ties in, a lot of the current generation does not look at cars in a sporting way.
They are people movers to these people and in that point the people are more concerned with the carbon footprint and effiency. The car companies in general do not try to change that with factory back teams in motorsports.

If we cannot accept and meld the smaller carbon footprint ideas with sporting? Sports cars are all but doomed to a ever shrinking market and interest.
When that happens manufacturers get gun shy on even producing sports cars( ya I am pointing the finger at you Nissan.)

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #131
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Old 11-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #132
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Heres my bucket.

e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #133
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

^looks good, what motor?
Old 11-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #134
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
^looks good, what motor?

BMW motor....
Old 11-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #135
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
BMW motor....
pardon|?.,.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #136
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I don't have a large carbon footprint. My car doesn't have a large carbon footprint. The shipping company that moved my car from the factory that made it to the dealer that sold it to me has a massive goddam footprint. The power plant that probably burns coal that supplied electricity to the facotry has a massive goddam footprint.

Cars have some impact on carbon and air quality and that could be fixed today with the right regulation changes. Those container ships the size of small farm towns have a much larger impact. Until those things run on anything other than hydrocarbons making cars cleaner doesn't mean much of anything.

Beyond that, the march of technology in cars should be discrete not a bunch of bells and whistles to attract attention. Who really wants a bunch of buttons, joysticks, and touch screens in their car? No one that should be driving, that's who.

We need dry steam injection, hydrogen combustion, and fullsize trucks made of carbon fiber and aluminum, and probably self driving electric cars for the masses.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #137
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
My other car is an e30 touring(never sold here in the US) with an s14b23 in it. I havent driven it in months though.

When i first started driving it in 2010:

Did the e30 M3 Cooling System Retrofit (M3 rad, expansion tank, moved battery to the trunk.

Put wheels on it
http://wsvaco.tumblr.com/post/977974...vthy-how#notes
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #138
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

^car looks good, very interesting combo going s14 and the e30 hatch.

e30 hatches are cool, do like a s54 with ix drivetrain, got urself a bavarian subie.

e36 hatch is another one we never got here, the 1 series e8x hatch looks really good damn shame we didnt get it here.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #139
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Whats the difference between an e36 hatch and a 318ti?
Old 11-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #140
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Very nice touring. And vanish fully built m20 soon to be itb.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #141
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Whats the difference between an e36 hatch and a 318ti?
sorry I should have clarified, touring is the more accurate description in regards to the e36.

this:

and then the vandersex that is the 1 series hatch
Old 11-10-2014, 08:49 PM   #142
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
And vanish fully built m20 soon to be itb.
oooowow that sounds like it will be a hoot. My buddy is a big m20 guy (me as well) he just traded his e34 525i for an e28 w/ a m20b25 swapped into it.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #143
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
oooowow that sounds like it will be a hoot. My buddy is a big m20 guy (me as well) he just traded his e34 525i for an e28 w/ a m20b25 swapped into it.
Funny that your a local. You should check out john at wot tech they just finished a very nice itb m20 car.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:14 PM   #144
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
^car looks good, very interesting combo going s14 and the e30 hatch.

e30 hatches are cool, do like a s54 with ix drivetrain, got urself a bavarian subie.

e36 hatch is another one we never got here, the 1 series e8x hatch looks really good damn shame we didnt get it here.
Its basically impossible. the IX transfercase MIGHT fit a US s5X but not an s54. As far as picking the s14b23, I wanted a useable RWD platform; its just bushings and a set of K&W's away from being my daily HPDE car. If I wanted a subaru, I would have bought one lol

I have had m20's as well, I'm just sick of beating myself up over all the money just to have a slow car.
This was my old e30; it was an s50 away from being a fairly quick car, but I sold it to start college.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #145
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Funny that your a local. You should check out john at wot tech they just finished a very nice itb m20 car.
I saw the vid and pics of the setup, looks clean. Wheres a vid of that M/S5x itb setup I see on their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
Its basically impossible. the IX transfercase MIGHT fit a US s5X but not an s54. As far as picking the s14b23, I wanted a useable RWD platform; its just bushings and a set of K&W's away from being my daily HPDE car. If I wanted a subaru, I would have bought one lol
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...325iX-S54-Swap

no s$#@ if you wanted to buy a subie then buy a subie, ty captain obvious.

Ill take the german version.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #146
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

well shit, look at all the fab work he is doing!! I suck at aluminum, I move too slow and can't get my torch angle right around bends/pipes. Imagine having to PAY someone to do it!!

Well OBV if you use the IX g260 it will mate up, but the gearing is kinda short.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #147
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

yeah its a bit on the extreme side

one setup that would be cool is an e38 w/ protection package lsx swap, BREAK YOSELF FOOL
Old 11-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #148
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

I want to do an LS6 into an 850CSI
Old 11-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #149
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
I want to do an LS6 into an 850CSI
I want to do one too.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #150
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I want to do one too.
Funny, i have had that idea for many years now. I Always thought it was the sexiest BMW ever I wanted to get ahold of one and do a crazy engine swap, but I would go with something exotic sounding, maybe the S85 engine.
and I would definitley "ruin" it buy stancing it out like everything else I have haha.