Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #3091
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
If you all are increasing front track, what are you doing to increase the rear track?

Why do you want/need more camber?
Running wider or lower offset wheels increases the rear track, and a wider front track compared to rear is generally an advantage on a FR car when done in moderation.

When doing anything serious in motorsports, 3* is a minimum for our front suspensions, especially if there isn't much RC correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csomme View Post
Running more camber up front will increase your leading wheel contact patch at full lock. Paired with the right caster, this is pretty awesome.

A lot of guys don't run much camber to have TONS of camber out of the leading wheel at full lock, this is beneficial to a certain extent, because it will "lift" up that corner of the car, putting more weight on the opposite end, resulting in more rear bite.
Your first point is for the most part a myth. Tilting the tops of the coils inwards doesn't do much when the wheel is nearly parallel with the axis you're moving the coil.

Also, I don't think lifting the front of the car really helps rear traction, but I need to do a little more studying as to the dynamic weight transfer.

I know when static corner balancing a car, the more you raise one point on the car, the more weight is on THAT corner.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #3092
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14unimog View Post
I see a lot of front tire dragging, huge loss of momentum and unintended line changes.
Ryan Kado's backwards entries are just for fun, and just because he can, he would never do that in competition where he would be judged for loosing speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
MAX gentlemen, it would be totally radical if you made some cool super-elastic dust boots to match with all your other neat steering items. Possibly to also accommodate the offset spacers or spaced out tie rods better than the hard OEM boots.
the lip on the rack spacer is to retain a boot with a ziptie
you would not want a boot made for cars, you need one for off road trucks, they come in black blue and red and are super cheap so there is not much reason for us to produce them... the black one matches everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
so with the increased steering speed with knuckles, does this allow you to maintain faster steering return w/o running 9 degrees of caster?
faster steering at the knuckle requires less input to the wheel and when it corrects it spins back to straight less violently than stock.
we like to run less caster then stock, it requires a bit more direction from the driver instead of letting the car drift itself which is way more fun and controllable.
you never want to run too much caster, it exaggerates over centering at a low steering angle.
Quote:
Running more camber up front will increase your leading wheel contact patch at full lock. Paired with the right caster, this is pretty awesome.

A lot of guys don't run much camber to have TONS of camber out of the leading wheel at full lock, this is beneficial to a certain extent, because it will "lift" up that corner of the car, putting more weight on the opposite end, resulting in more rear bite.
camber is the old school method, now its all about having the right caster by having a caster top plate
since the caster just multiplies the camber like crazy at double OEM steering angle
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #3093
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
the lip on the rack spacer is to retain a boot with a ziptie
you would not want a boot made for cars, you need one for off road trucks, they come in black blue and red and are super cheap so there is not much reason for us to produce them... the black one matches everything.
Wonderful. It was my intention to inquire whether you were planning to sell some kind of an elaborate boot for the them.

Would you mind posting a couple links for the kind of boots to purchase?
Are these them?
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=9.8130

Last edited by Matej; 08-31-2011 at 02:10 PM..
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:34 AM   #3094
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Dan, it was absolutely awesome shooting the shit with you Saturday during the comp.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:14 AM   #3095
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Sorry for the dumb question but is it ever a good idea to try "correcting" a strut tower with camber/caster plates if it's only slightly out of spec?

Like say the passenger side front strut tower was pushed in towards the firewall .25"... is it okay to offset this with caster plates or is it worth it to get the strut tower pulled by a frame repair shop?
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:50 AM   #3096
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
Sorry for the dumb question but is it ever a good idea to try "correcting" a strut tower with camber/caster plates if it's only slightly out of spec?

Like say the passenger side front strut tower was pushed in towards the firewall .25"... is it okay to offset this with caster plates or is it worth it to get the strut tower pulled by a frame repair shop?
In the long run, or if you're building a competition car, it's probably better to have it pulled.

But it's fine to correct it with a caster plate in the short term.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #3097
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Also, I don't think lifting the front of the car really helps rear traction, but I need to do a little more studying as to the dynamic weight transfer.

I know when static corner balancing a car, the more you raise one point on the car, the more weight is on THAT corner.
lifting is caused by jacking. You can look at it the same as a car turning at steady state around a radius. Variables that determine amount of total weight transfered is just simply =(weight*CG height) / (track length*G force).

To apply this in drifting, I would assume the car is at a 45* yaw angle. The track length would be the length between the "instant grip point" of front to the "instant grip point" of the rear.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #3098
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Running wider or lower offset wheels increases the rear track, and a wider front track compared to rear is generally an advantage on a FR car when done in moderation.

When doing anything serious in motorsports, 3* is a minimum for our front suspensions, especially if there isn't much RC correction.

Your first point is for the most part a myth. Tilting the tops of the coils inwards doesn't do much when the wheel is nearly parallel with the axis you're moving the coil.

Care to explain why my first point is a myth? The running more camber will give you a flatter contact patch from the leading wheel? This is not a myth, it's simply truth,

Take an S-chassis, with stock caster let's say(6.7-6.8). if you run 2.5* of negative camber, you are going to see a lot of positive camber at full lock from the leading wheel(This is where the diagonal wheel shit I was talking about comes into play). If you run 6.5* negative camber up front, you have a flatter contact patch and are using more of the tire, because at full lock your leading wheel will have hardly any positive camber.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #3099
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
^^^ The leading wheel has the least load out of all of them - you can literally remove it from the car mid-turn. The trailing front wheel has almost all of the load, and needs the contact patch that will promote the most traction (usually, because of tire loading, that's cambered in a bit).

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 09-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #3100
Pandapants
Zilvia Junkie

Pandapants is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pandapants
^^ what about in the middle of a drift? Is the leading wheel the loaded wheel?
Pandapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #3101
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
I just did a practice even two weeks ago, I added some caster by turning my camber plates sideways - and since I needed a little more clearance on the rear of my wheel well I also shortened my tension rods just a little.

I didn't get a chance to get a real alignment after I did this, so I eyeballed it, I believe it was toed in just a little from how it was handling. I toed it out some at the track and it felt better but I was having an issue with transitioning between turns.

The first turn would feel awesome like I had a lot of grip, then it would basically tank slap and become uncontrollable when I'd transition. The very most I could manage was linking three turns before I'd spin out, and that involved a shit tone of input on my part. I am attributing most of that to my lack of having a real alignment (I checked my rear arms when I changed tires and my freaking traction arms were loose, I guess the alignment guys - or me - forgot to tighten them down all the way, so who knows how my rear alignment was).

Any suggestions on correcting my instability issues? Obviously I need a real alignment, that will probably reveal a lot.

Here's a picture, you can see the front wheels really well in it...

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #3102
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandapants View Post
^^ what about in the middle of a drift? Is the leading wheel the loaded wheel?
I'm sure Dan can chime in also, but mid-drift the inside (leading) wheel does the least work, since the weight is still loaded to the outside. The whole idea of zero Ackerman is so you can stop dragging the front wheel, since the car's steering angle is determined by how much angle the outside wheel has.

Point is, you'd be foolish to make concessions for the inside wheel's contact patch.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #3103
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Let's all get this straight. The leading wheel is the wheel with the most angle, the furthest forward wheel while drifting (unless you're going backwards), and the one on the "outside". This is the loaded wheel in drift. Sheesh, we need some standardized terms.

Quote:
Care to explain why my first point is a myth? The running more camber will give you a flatter contact patch from the leading wheel? This is not a myth, it's simply truth,

Take an S-chassis, with stock caster let's say(6.7-6.8). if you run 2.5* of negative camber, you are going to see a lot of positive camber at full lock from the leading wheel(This is where the diagonal wheel shit I was talking about comes into play). If you run 6.5* negative camber up front, you have a flatter contact patch and are using more of the tire, because at full lock your leading wheel will have hardly any positive camber.
I said it was largely a myth. Think of how tilting the tops the coilovers in relates to how the wheel is tilted at full lock. All your coilover does is spin, so at 50* of steering angle, that much camber isn't affecting the "leading" wheel nearly as much as it does when it's straight. Now, dialing some of that camber in with the lower strut mount, and it does affect the leading tire quite a bit. But it also does the opposite to the trailing tire, making it gain more positive camber. Simply adjusting your caster is 10x more effective, as it's what causes the massive positive camber in the first place, and it places more of both wheels on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
I just did a practice even two weeks ago, I added some caster by turning my camber plates sideways - and since I needed a little more clearance on the rear of my wheel well I also shortened my tension rods just a little.
Did you mean added or took away? You add positive caster when you shorten your tension rods, and negative caster if you move the strut tops forward.

It looks like you don't have much caster in that pic. That would explain why you had to make so much input to get the car to go where you wanted. I would recommend shortening your tension rods more, and if you want more negative camber then your strut tops are giving you, lengthen your LCA.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #3104
pjmrnolife1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (-1)
pjmrnolife1 is making a name for him/her selfpjmrnolife1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
would someone go into some detail about making a steering rack like darren mac in his 86 recently did? speedhunters doesnt say anything specific. thanx
pjmrnolife1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #3105
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
My wheel was so far forward I ripped my bumper off on an initial test drive around my neighborhood. If I shorten them more then where they are now my tires will hit the front part of my fender where the bumper is attached.

Should I flip the camber plates the other way and shove the top of the shock toward the firewall? I was rubbing bad on the firewall side of my fender wells before, and I know I only had like 6* of caster before. Would caster really make the car feel THAT unstable. It was like tank slap city.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #3106
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
My wheel was so far forward I ripped my bumper off on an initial test drive around my neighborhood. If I shorten them more then where they are now my tires will hit the front part of my fender where the bumper is attached.

Should I flip the camber plates the other way and shove the top of the shock toward the firewall? I was rubbing bad on the firewall side of my fender wells before, and I know I only had like 6* of caster before. Would caster really make the car feel THAT unstable. It was like tank slap city.
Even before you get into performance driving caster has a huge effect on how a vehicle handles. A few degrees on cars as light as an s chassis could make it feel totally different. You should get an alignment and see what your caster settings were at
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #3107
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:

I think your rear alignment might be out too, but the caster is the reason you're having to steer so much. I don't think I would run less than 6* or something, but I'm not the one driving the car, and I don't know what you have it at now.

I would put the camber plate back sideways, or just mess with it when you get an alignment so you can compromise between getting the wheel centered in the well and having enough/not too much caster.

That being said, too much toe in or out will hurt grip by heating the front tires too much (scrubbing), and can make the rear feel unstable depending on the thrust angle.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #3108
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you didn't have a known and symmetrical alignment than you really can't make any educated decisions about where to go next! On some cars, just a hair of toe out on either end makes the car almost undrivable. I agree w/ Poorman, go to a convensional set up with a good alignment (infront: 7 caster, 2.9-3.5 camber, 0 toe), take notes and go from there.

Re the 86 steering rack, I believe that all of that work was just to make room for the rotary. 13b has no conventional sump to create clearance for a rack, so it has to be infront of the engine. You can swap the stock spindles sides so that the steering arms are in front, then mount the steering rack infront of the engine.

I considered doing a similar set up once I got the drysump for my build, but I realized that the bellhousing/flywheel and trans sit so low that there's no point. Even if the rack wasn't below my engine, I couldn't lower my engine anymore because the trans would drag on the ground while maintaining proper pinion angle to the diff.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:58 PM   #3109
mikerbike
Zilvia Junkie

mikerbike is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
I'm sure Dan can chime in also, but mid-drift the inside (leading) wheel does the least work, since the weight is still loaded to the outside. The whole idea of zero Ackerman is so you can stop dragging the front wheel, since the car's steering angle is determined by how much angle the outside wheel has.
Quote:
Let's all get this straight. The leading wheel is the wheel with the most angle, the furthest forward wheel while drifting (unless you're going backwards), and the one on the "outside". This is the loaded wheel in drift. Sheesh, we need some standardized terms.
When I was talking about the leading wheel, I meant the leading wheel while drifting. This could get confusing.
mikerbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #3110
TFD
Leaky Injector

TFD is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi people,

I'm busy getting my s13 to handle well (as in no tramlining) and got myself anti-bumpsteer tie-rods installed on my lowered car (2 fingers gap).

Now i read you have to adjust the tierods parallel to the LCA. Now I was thinking is this parallel to the joints (red line) or the arm itself (blue line)?

Sorry for the hijacking but I cant find the answer.

Thanx for the help!

Daniel
Old 09-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #3111
SomeoneWhoIsntMe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah, how much the links are curved doesn't matter, the red line is what the tie rod has to be parallel to.

Both the pivot points on the tie rod lie along it's axis, so you don't have to worry about anything like that with it.
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #3112
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
The blue line could be in an S shaped - doesn't matter. You just want the pivots to be parallel so the arms don't sweep in different arcs.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #3113
TFD
Leaky Injector

TFD is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok thanx guys. Going out to re-do the tierods to redline shape and play around with toe in/out haha.
Just noticed the lca's on my car are almost horizontal. Better to lift it up a bit I guess.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #3114
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
These are some local guys that make some super cool stuff.
Cor Integration | Facebook
Some very cool massive angle parts.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #3115
Pandapants
Zilvia Junkie

Pandapants is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pandapants
Hey jonnie, did you ditch the subframe braces project?
Pandapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #3116
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
going to be getting a front subframe mod from DANGDRIFTERS. Then throw some MA Motorsports awsomeotron 3000 knucks that my buddy has laying around for crazy steering angle next year.

in a few years I hope to be able to afford some driftworks front and rear knucks or D-UP garage might have theirs out by then and that would be sickkkkk!

this is how much angle I had for this year with SPL outters and Z33 inners w/ spl spacers

deff could have used some more angle to scrub speed
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #3117
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Wonderful. It was my intention to inquire whether you were planning to sell some kind of an elaborate boot for the them.

Would you mind posting a couple links for the kind of boots to purchase?
Are these them?
Energy Suspension 9.8130 Pair of Universal Shock Boots
yes thats it.
Quote:
Dan, it was absolutely awesome shooting the shit with you Saturday during the comp.
it was fun, and there was such awesome bouncy titties next to you, thats why I couldnt make good eye contact while chatting, lol
Quote:
^^^ The leading wheel has the least load out of all of them - you can literally remove it from the car mid-turn.
maybe for a fraction of a second, but then you see your sidewall has worn completely away and you realize its time to do something
Quote:
I just did a practice even two weeks ago, I added some caster by turning my camber plates sideways ~ I was having an issue with transitioning between turns.
Any suggestions on correcting my instability issues?
you reduced caster. it does prevent the car from driving itself, you can dial it back some to change the feeling but if you can learn to control it, its way better doe drifting.
Dont toe out, and do a real alignment...that will help the stability
Quote:
Simply adjusting your caster is 10x more effective
agreed
Quote:
My wheel was so far forward I ripped my bumper off on an initial test drive around my neighborhood.
You need to balance the caster and wheel position with the top plate (forward) and the tension rod longer (back) so that the shock is more vertical but the wheel is still centered. I sell all the stuff to do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
Even before you get into performance driving caster has a huge effect on how a vehicle handles. A few degrees on cars as light as an s chassis could make it feel totally different. You should get an alignment and see what your caster settings were at
yup you got to get it dialed, there is a middle ground to be found here.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:36 AM   #3118
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I apologize if this has been brought up before, but does anyone know anything about this: JUN Auto Drag Rear Member
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #3119
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
ya its been posted and its money
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #3120
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripTerror View Post
ya its been posted and its money
Hmm, I wasn't able to find any posts in this thread about it. I'm just curious to what it actually is/how it works/what makes it worth $3k.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote