Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-18-2019, 07:46 AM   #241
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13project View Post
s13 chassis and subframe. nismo lca. voodo adjustable arms. 18x10.5+5 wheels running around -0.5 camber. dual caliper brackets (maybe 10mm thickness at hub). os giken lsd. weir 6 bolt conversion 29 spline diff stubs. z32 tt 31 spline (or 32 cant remember) hubs. bought some q45/z32 axles locally. they are about 10-15mm shy of bolting up. wrong axles? need axle spacers? did i forget something?
So the Weir stubs are intended to be used with z33 axles. Probably why you're having a length issue with the shorter q45/z32 axle set.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2019, 01:47 PM   #242
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
So the Weir stubs are intended to be used with z33 axles. Probably why you're having a length issue with the shorter q45/z32 axle set.
was worried that was the reason. measured axles today and they are 25" and 25.5". hoping maybe i bought wrong combo. passenger side is too short and driver side is too long. unfortunately switching them didnt help me at all
Old 01-19-2019, 07:21 AM   #243
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Easy fix would be z33 axles and 5 lug s13/14 hubs.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #244
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Easy fix would be z33 axles and 5 lug s13/14 hubs.
Trying to stick with the 32 spline to handle my abusive nature and idiocy. Have snapped 3 or so DSS 600hp axles inside the wheel hub over past couple years. 2 while drifting and one from a 2nd gear clutch drop (my own idiocy).

Was hopeful that with the Weir chromoly diff stubs and q45/z32 axle and hub combo I could have minimal issues with rear drivetrain. Talking with the guy I bought the axles from says its possible he just grabbed the wrong pair. According to the internet (hate when it comes to that) I need 27" and 24" axles for proper fit.

Otherwise I will have an OS Giken 1.5 diff in S13 R200 with 5 and 6 bolt OEM stubs, and Weir 6 bolt stubs up for trade or sale as I will have to switch over to the GTR diff
Old 01-20-2019, 07:54 AM   #245
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Trying to stick with the 32 spline to handle my abusive nature and idiocy. Have snapped 3 or so DSS 600hp axles inside the wheel hub over past couple years. 2 while drifting and one from a 2nd gear clutch drop (my own idiocy).
At that point you'll probably start breaking off the stubs in the differential lol. Might be time to go to a z33 differential entirely?
Old 01-22-2019, 12:37 AM   #246
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
At that point you'll probably start breaking off the stubs in the differential lol. Might be time to go to a z33 differential entirely?
Either that or just go full spool from Weir and just try to enjoy the wheel chirp when driving in town
Old 03-19-2019, 06:29 PM   #247
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Question

So I own a 1992 rhd silvia s13 which comes with 5 bolt rear axles/output shafts and a jdm vlsd diff. The vsld is toast and I have a spare US s13 differential that has the US 3x2 output stubs on it. I have a welded diff out of a us 240sx that has 3x2 output shafts that I would like to install.

Is it possible for me to install the us 240sx welded diff and use the jdm 5 bolt axle stubs with the 5 bolt axles?
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:04 AM   #248
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I got some spooky noises coming from my rear end. Ordered the Villains stubs today. Hopefully my rear end holds together for NissanFest.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:15 AM   #249
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Question

So I own a 1992 rhd silvia s13 which comes with 5 bolt rear axles/output shafts and a jdm vlsd diff. The vsld is toast and I have a spare US s13 differential that has the US 3x2 output stubs on it. I have a welded diff out of a us 240sx that has 3x2 output shafts that I would like to install.

Is it possible for me to install the us 240sx welded diff and use the jdm 5 bolt axle stubs with the 5 bolt axles?
Set both pairs beside each other and check height, thickness, and spline count. As long as all those are the same then yes.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:37 AM   #250
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:

Was hopeful that with the Weir chromoly diff stubs and q45/z32 axle and hub combo I could have minimal issues with rear drivetrain. Talking with the guy I bought the axles from says its possible he just grabbed the wrong pair. According to the internet (hate when it comes to that) I need 27" and 24" axles for proper fit.

Otherwise I will have an OS Giken 1.5 diff in S13 R200 with 5 and 6 bolt OEM stubs, and Weir 6 bolt stubs up for trade or sale as I will have to switch over to the GTR diff
Z34 axles are 32 spline outer and fit into Z32TT or Q45 hubs and are the length of Z33 axles.

As a side note, from my looking, it would seem that the physically strongest Nissan rear diff combo would be Z32 R230 diff, DSS 300M output shafts, Z34 axles, and Z32TT or Q45 hubs. The weak link is then the axles, which can be upgraded via DSS. Of course there are other options like Ford 9" etc.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:01 PM   #251
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
so i've got the villains stubs, z33 axles, and 10mm gk tech axle spacers. i think 15mm spacers would actually be perfect, but the axel boot already slightly rubs the ruca (due to having pbm drop knuckles) and my guess is that extra 5mm would totally destroy them. anyone know of any rucas with more clearance than pbm?

if someone would just make some stub shafts that were 15mm longer that'd make things a whole lot more convenient...
Old 04-30-2019, 01:32 AM   #252
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Z34 axles are 32 spline outer and fit into Z32TT or Q45 hubs and are the length of Z33 axles.

As a side note, from my looking, it would seem that the physically strongest Nissan rear diff combo would be Z32 R230 diff, DSS 300M output shafts, Z34 axles, and Z32TT or Q45 hubs. The weak link is then the axles, which can be upgraded via DSS. Of course there are other options like Ford 9" etc.
very good info on the z34 axles! thank you
Old 05-02-2019, 03:20 PM   #253
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
so i've got the villains stubs, z33 axles, and 10mm gk tech axle spacers. i think 15mm spacers would actually be perfect, but the axel boot already slightly rubs the ruca (due to having pbm drop knuckles) and my guess is that extra 5mm would totally destroy them. anyone know of any rucas with more clearance than pbm?

if someone would just make some stub shafts that were 15mm longer that'd make things a whole lot more convenient...
I thought voodoo were supposed to have the most clearance out of any???

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:14 AM   #254
pajarojose

pajarojose is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a z32TT r230 differential with hubs axes ... but I can't find information about the exchange in an s14, anyone?
pajarojose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:27 PM   #255
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Anyone have feed back of the fitment of a 350z/diff and Z axles in a 240sx subframe? I'm ready to finish making my S13 subframe now that i found an easy to obtain 3.692 (350z style) R&P to replace my Aramada (2 bolt rear cover) 3.133. During test fitting (on the work bench) it seemed like the axles would fit although close to full compression. I will be running 0 camber and moderatley lowered. Looking to beef of the rear on the Kswap and better match my CD009 before I nuke an axle like I did with my lower powered KAT.
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:04 AM   #256
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdeath View Post
Anyone have feed back of the fitment of a 350z/diff and Z axles in a 240sx subframe? I'm ready to finish making my S13 subframe now that i found an easy to obtain 3.692 (350z style) R&P to replace my Aramada (2 bolt rear cover) 3.133. During test fitting (on the work bench) it seemed like the axles would fit although close to full compression. I will be running 0 camber and moderatley lowered. Looking to beef of the rear on the Kswap and better match my CD009 before I nuke an axle like I did with my lower powered KAT.
With running nearly no camber you might be okay as that will pull the hubs further away from the diff, axles might not be compressed too much. Best thing is to see where they are in their range of plunge after its installed and aligned.

Otherwise you might be best off having the z33 stubs shortened a bit to account for the diff being physically wider.
Good job on mounting the z33 diff the right way in the s13 subframe. Do you remember which year Armadas have the 2 bolt rear covers? That makes mounting them to the s13 subframe a lot easier.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:20 AM   #257
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
With running nearly no camber you might be okay as that will pull the hubs further away from the diff, axles might not be compressed too much. Best thing is to see where they are in their range of plunge after its installed and aligned.

Otherwise you might be best off having the z33 stubs shortened a bit to account for the diff being physically wider.
Good job on mounting the z33 diff the right way in the s13 subframe. Do you remember which year Armadas have the 2 bolt rear covers? That makes mounting them to the s13 subframe a lot easier.
I dont remember I believe all are 2 bolt but not all are fined. If it's to tight I dont mind getting dual caliper adapters buying me a 1/4" on each side

Ps the holes dont line up the drivers side is about anch lower and the passside is no the same as s14 as they have differentspacing, but i used a j30 cover as a guide of the first hole.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2020, 08:47 AM   #258
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I was figuring for an S13 subframe you could just drill two new holes for the two studs in the back plate of the subframe.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:48 AM   #259
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I was figuring for an S13 subframe you could just drill two new holes for the two studs in the back plate of the subframe.
Basically but position is critical. Still have to raise the front mounts.

Old 01-14-2020, 08:27 AM   #260
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
So I'm putting in a S14 rear end in my R32 with the complete rear S14 GKTech kit as well. I'm trying to decide on a diff/rear axle combination that would suffice. I'm considering doing a R200 with a 2-way, Villians adapter hubs and then lost as far as there.

Anyone go down this road or even just a S14 person want to chime in if you have a similar setup or want to talk me into a different direction?
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:21 AM   #261
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Villains is the easy route. Only reason I'm going to the newer 350z r200 is cause of the wider range of ratios 3.133 to 4.6.

Old 01-14-2020, 10:46 AM   #262
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
I enjoy easy routes. I'm thinking with a V8, I'd want to be in the higher 4.xx's as far as the ratio so I'm considering R200, 2-way, Villians adapters and slap in Z33 axles. Does this sound like the best route?
Old 01-15-2020, 05:23 AM   #263
OMFGeofffff
Zilvia Member

OMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really nice
What transmission will you be running? That plays a huge factor in deciding rear end ratio imo
OMFGeofffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:18 AM   #264
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Currently, it's the factory R32 transmission. Eventually, it'll be 1J/CD009 when that setup pops which I assume will be this season at some point knowing how unreliable the RB20DET's are.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:43 AM   #265
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Older nissan trannys like KA/SR/RB/VG stick with the 240sx diff. With the CD00x trannies ratios get shorter, which is why I want a 3.692 for my turbo K24A2 with a CD001.

Old 04-12-2020, 05:11 PM   #266
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Got everything in and axles still seem a little tight. Eyeballed to 0* C 0* T with the hub jacked up to where the car normally sits got about 4mm pass side and 8mm drivers side, after using GKtech rear LCA's extended 9mm. Once it gets close to tucking rim it gains a lot of neg camber and bottoms out. How much axle plunge or free play ya'll running with Z33 axles?
Old 04-30-2020, 04:47 PM   #267
rv_zenki
Leaky Injector

rv_zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know if jdm s14 and usdm s14 have different length half shafts?
rv_zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 12:11 PM   #268
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Got everything in and axles still seem a little tight. Eyeballed to 0* C 0* T with the hub jacked up to where the car normally sits got about 4mm pass side and 8mm drivers side, after using GKtech rear LCA's extended 9mm. Once it gets close to tucking rim it gains a lot of neg camber and bottoms out. How much axle plunge or free play ya'll running with Z33 axles?
You should probably get the z33 output shafts shortened.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:49 AM   #269
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
You should probably get the z33 output shafts shortened.
I hope not, I still can extend my LCAs 6mm and have a fender roller coming. Ill run it a is until I break something. Shortening the stubs wont get me alot as I need to retain the ABS for a speed reading. Max I could cut out of the stub and retain ABS is 8mm maybe 12mm if i trim the diffcover where it holds the sensor or get bolts with lower profile heads. Then hope the bolts don't affect the ABS sensor by being to close.

Good thing I've noticed when replacing the passenger axle after accidently botching the threads, is that the plate that retains the grease and limits the axle will stretch a bit. It's normally flat but the axle stub has recess that allows it to stretch maybe 10mm, when I pulled my axle it was stretched about 6mm from just being jacked up to test suspension travel.

not my diff but you can see there is not muck room to play with.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:45 AM   #270
cody_sir

cody_sir is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi all,

Recently purchased an R200 (oem s14?) diff for my car and will be running 350Z axles with it. I already have the output shaft adapters however my question comes to the bushings. Can I just purchase regular SPL s14 bushings or would I need to buy the 350z conversion bushings (example gktech conversion bushings).

Thanks for the help in advance.
cody_sir is offline   Reply With Quote