Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-19-2018, 12:03 PM   #31
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I completely understand the dynamics of ignition cut at high RPMs for SR’s, or any motor with rockers for that matter. My main concern was why that caused such low compression on other unaffected cylinders, because when I checked my mechanical timing the first time I was dead on. And I was even able to crank the motor until the marks on the chain and cams lined up again.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #32
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
It doesn't take much for valves to not seal.........or be viewable by the naked eye

None of it matters anyways as your head is at the machine shop to yeah......
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:40 PM   #33
pjurisprudencia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
pjurisprudencia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had zero compression in my motor n cylinder 4, blew both Intake and exhaust. Put it all back together vacuum dropped due to me setting my timing wrong. Double check your timing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk