Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-28-2015, 02:36 PM   #1
drag-sr20

Trader Rating: (0)
drag-sr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Coilover Opinions review

So im looking to buy coilovers for my s14, and I i have some in mind, overall is if you have the ones i mention and how do they ride ( drifting & Mostly daily driving ) and how LOW do they go. Post some pics for me to have a better idea. I'm looking to grab some 17x9 wheels only, may consider 18x9 but thats it.

What i had in mind was:

BC Racing BR type Coils - from enjuku

Megan Racing track Series Coilover - from frsport

d2 coilovers

Isr HR pro series coilovers- from enjuku

List pros and con or just opinions
I have done research but want your thoughts on these specific
Old 11-28-2015, 03:09 PM   #2
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
None of those are any good. What you need are these babies right here.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/dg-5-coilove...3-a31-c35.html

turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:31 PM   #3
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag-sr20 View Post
BC Racing BR type Coils - from enjuku

Megan Racing track Series Coilover - from frsport

d2 coilovers

Isr HR pro series coilovers- from enjuku

List pros and con or just opinions
These all suck. Stance are the cheapest coilovers you should consider.
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
tom
Leaky Injector

tom is an unknown quantity at this point
What about the new prime coilovers, that fortune auto is a parent company to?
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:59 PM   #5
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Fortune auto sucks too. Just some red neck company from the south that makes bs coilovers
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #6
SignSomething

SignSomething is an unknown quantity at this point
I owned stance coilovers on my s13 for a couple years and hated them. They rode way to stiff and the dampening never felt matched to the spring rate. I have rode in a s13 with BC coilovers and it was aweful.

I now own a set of Feal coilovers with custom spring rates and so far they have been the best riding by a long shot.
SignSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:49 PM   #7
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I've had stance on my s14 and didn't like them. The were very rough and in Chicago rusted insanely fast. I had bc on my Acura TL and it rode pretty well, for a cheap coilovers. Fortune auto and bc are both gas filled in the US so their quality control is a little higher than the others. I've heard many good things about feal but no personal experience.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:06 PM   #8
Rodster

Rodster is an unknown quantity at this point
In the same position.
Need Coilovers on S13 for drifting.
I was recommended Stance and BC
Rodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:44 PM   #9
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
Why not powered by max coils? I've had them on my s14 and they're fucken awesome. Great quality coilover for around $1200
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:20 PM   #10
drag-sr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
Fortune auto sucks too. Just some red neck company from the south that makes bs coilovers

haha seriously !!! heard lots of good reviews and from others
Old 11-28-2015, 09:24 PM   #11
drag-sr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupesallday! View Post
Why not powered by max coils? I've had them on my s14 and they're fucken awesome. Great quality coilover for around $1200

yeah cant complain about pbm. but i was just seeing if there was something good out there under 1000$
Old 11-28-2015, 09:26 PM   #12
drag-sr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by beems240sx View Post
I've had stance on my s14 and didn't like them. The were very rough and in Chicago rusted insanely fast. I had bc on my Acura TL and it rode pretty well, for a cheap coilovers. Fortune auto and bc are both gas filled in the US so their quality control is a little higher than the others. I've heard many good things about feal but no personal experience.

how low does the BC coils go.? any pics of your TL
Old 11-29-2015, 07:37 AM   #13
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
yeah cant complain about pbm. but i was just seeing if there was something good out there under 1000$
No. Save your money.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:24 AM   #14
ComicArtist
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ComicArtist is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You should never spend less than $1000 on coilovers, as a rule of thumb
ComicArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:25 AM   #15
dukiespice
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
dukiespice is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Please don't cheap out on an important part. I use pbm and there great.
dukiespice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:46 AM   #16
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Quote:
how low does the BC coils go.? any pics of your TL
Very. Well at least on that chassis. I could just barely tuck wheel in the front without removing collars. I'm probably going bc on my s13, but I blew money on te37's. Just save up more and buy a nicer coilover. I should head my own advice actually.. But whatever.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:31 AM   #17
dtfdanyo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dtfdanyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I had the BC extreme drop kit coilovers, they were very nice. I was about a finger gap between my tire and fender with plenty of room to go lower. I was on the default spring rate but they were fine on the shitty Houston roads.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:34 AM   #18
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
It's all the same stuff
It's all the same crap
It's all the same performance

It's different annodization, it's different street cred, and it's a difference of how 'low' they can drop you.

Goto an approved vendor, get what you can afford, and be happy...as at the end of the day, it's all the same entry level street junk.

Seriously though, it's not like you're ever going to be a drift superstar, it's highly unlikely you're going to become some nationally known road racer...so get what you can afford and have fun with it.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:37 AM   #19
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
It's all the same stuff
It's all the same crap
It's all the same performance

It's different annodization, it's different street cred, and it's a difference of how 'low' they can drop you.

Goto an approved vendor, get what you can afford, and be happy...as at the end of the day, it's all the same entry level street junk.

Seriously though, it's not like you're ever going to be a drift superstar, it's highly unlikely you're going to become some nationally known road racer...so get what you can afford and have fun with it.
I use FEAL because Odi does his own valving and uses Swift springs. From what I recall he came from an offroad racing background and was already developing suspension parts for that area. When he got into drifting he did the same.

OP seems to be the typical new dude.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:34 PM   #20
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Megan and ISR are the eptiome of garbage..like barely a step above Raceland. D2 and BC still suck. FA is better but every car I've ridden in that had them rode like absolute shit.

Stiffer doesn't automatically mean better....

For the $1000-$1500 range, I'd look at:

STANCE, PBM, Feal, HKS, & Apex'i
Old 11-29-2015, 12:38 PM   #21
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieberman240 View Post
Megan and ISR are the eptiome of garbage..like barely a step above Raceland. D2 and BC still suck. FA is better but every car I've ridden in that had them rode like absolute shit.

Stiffer doesn't automatically mean better....

For the $1000-$1500 range, I'd look at:

STANCE, PBM, Feal, HKS, & Apex'i
In range of 1-1.5K is 326power any good?
Old 11-29-2015, 12:44 PM   #22
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
Never been in a car that had them, so I didn't put them on the list. I won't recommend anything I haven't had personal experience with.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #23
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
Should've known this is the the ONE brand you'd ask about. A comprehensive list of quality shit is posted and you want the Need For Speed parts.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:11 PM   #24
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
I've had personal experience with JIC's, Silkroads, and Apex'i N1's. The JIC's were the biggest disappointment out of any of them, and the Silkroads are great for the price. Right now I'm currently running Apex'i N1's and have zero complaints about them. A great street setup with a balanced 6/6 spring rate front/rear, and even at their softest setting, they are responsive and predictable. Changes won't be drastic between a few clicks, but you'll see results when you tighten up the dampeners. No complaints with the quality of the parts, and they will go as low as you'd like (but then you run into other problems - roll center, etc etc). If I had to do it all over again, I'd run the same exact coils I am right now.

A few others you'd want to consider

Silkroad
KW's (V1 or V2's for a more budget minded setup)
Old 11-29-2015, 06:31 PM   #25
dorkjoey240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
dorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dorkjoey240
I never liked megans and never bought BC so I don't know. Fortune auto were decent coilovers to me.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:37 PM   #26
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

http://www.frsport.com/DMAX-CS-S13-S..._p_352039.html

How are Dmax? Anyone have them?
Old 11-29-2015, 07:51 PM   #27
RB180sxChris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
RB180sxChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I have D-MAX SUPER STREETS on my s14 they feel amazing!
Old 11-29-2015, 08:21 PM   #28
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by beems240sx View Post
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=255569

I am surprised they are so cheap now, this was a helpful thread.
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:23 PM   #29
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviamang View Post
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=255569

I am surprised they are so cheap now, this was a helpful thread.
I read through that thread. It's just 6 years old. Didn't really see anything recent for reviews. I'll probably give them a try. I mean for that cheap... Can't complain
Old 11-29-2015, 08:28 PM   #30
Atill93
Leaky Injector

Atill93 is making his/her stupidity well-knownAtill93 is making his/her stupidity well-knownAtill93 is making his/her stupidity well-knownAtill93 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
i've only heard good things about fortune auto...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
No. Save your money.
he's right. i bought my s13 and the next week i bought $400 ebay coilovers (emusa) and i should've just saved for pbm's like i'm doing now
Atill93 is offline   Reply With Quote