Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #31
LovetoSlide
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
LovetoSlide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LovetoSlide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
The S15 silvia sr20det is capable of putting down 280rwhp through the oem exhaust system.

Now tell me, guys, where is your 300+rwhp that requires an aftermarket exhaust? Does anybody in this thread actually own a turbo engine producing over 300 horsepower that necessitates the noisy exhaust system?
Lmao I have a 300 HP capable motor; though I run a moderate, daily boost of 6 psi. My cat is gutted, but I'm running a lowkey muffler on my 3 inch straight pipe. It sounds quieter than a KA that's for sure under low RPM's but some people daily their 240's and I'm sure they're trying to make their 240 more luxurious to either themselves or the people they might drive.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #32
hamizle
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
hamizle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I want to see in a actual comparison test against dynamat. I've heard nothing but good things aside there price but it might be worth the extra bucks if it actually works better.
hamizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #33
rwtf
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
rwtf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I just got me a free sample!!! wewt.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #34
GTMat
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
GTMat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings View Post
So ive been looking around for some sound deadening material to use in the rear hatch area and under my back seat to help eliminate the exhaust drone noise problem i have. I looked up Dynamat and Raammat because they were the only companies i was familiar with and the prices were just out-f***ing-rageous. recently a new company has popped up out of Texas called GT Sound Control and i saw that they were offering free 10sq ft. samples to anyone who was interested in their product (they are still doing it just call 1-855-GT-SOUND) so I called them up and had them send me some of their material.

Compared to before it is a night and day difference. My exhaust noise was cut down by 60-70%. I am 100% satisfied with their product and if you are in the market these are the people to call. +1 for a legit company with a legit product
Thanks for the kind words LA! If anyone else is interested in our product, call now for your free sample: 1-855-GTSOUND.
GTMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #35
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Screw that noise. Go to Home Depot - $8 a roll.

Work's great, did it to my 350Z when I installed the sound system. All that "tinny"-ness was gone, sounded like a German car after that.. Door thunk and all.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #36
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Screw that noise. Go to Home Depot - $8 a roll.

Work's great, did it to my 350Z when I installed the sound system. All that "tinny"-ness was gone, sounded like a German car after that.. Door thunk and all.
350z's aren't that old so they don't have as much road noise as an S-chassis either way
I ordered a 10ft sample and I'm excited.

FREE 10ftsq > $8 roll
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #37
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been thinking more and more about putting in sound mat in my car but I think the only way I could benefit is if I just stuck it to my ears every time. Damn convertibles.

OP thanks for the heads up on this deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #38
StepN2Boost
Leaky Injector

StepN2Boost is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamizle View Post
I want to see in a actual comparison test against dynamat. I've heard nothing but good things aside there price but it might be worth the extra bucks if it actually works better.
+1 There must be a reason why dynamat has been the leading the industry is sound deadening all these years. The phrase often imitated never duplicated comes to mind. But hey, prove me wrong and ill be a believer.
StepN2Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #39
Sauce98

Sauce98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just what I need, this is awesome. I'm calling tomorrow. Thanks OP
Sauce98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #40
mrizsuki
Leaky Injector

mrizsuki is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, any type of sound deadening will REDUCE tons of noise in any car, especially our s-chassis. for the weight part, anyone who carries a tool box will already add easy 20LBS-40LBS to their car + golf clubs. so weight is not an issue. +1 for peaceful luxury silence
mrizsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #41
Kevin_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Kevin_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
do you know if they still offer the free 10sq ft? im kinda interested in this
Kevin_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:43 AM   #42
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
350z's aren't that old so they don't have as much road noise as an S-chassis either way
I ordered a 10ft sample and I'm excited.

FREE 10ftsq > $8 roll
Oh noes guess that means it won't work in old cars. What the fuck ever bro. I can only imagine what they charge when the free sample is up.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:58 AM   #43
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Oh noes guess that means it won't work in old cars. What the fuck ever bro. I can only imagine what they charge when the free sample is up.
dang dude, it's just sound deadening lol.

Why pay $8 bucks now when you can get some stuff for free? Why not take advantage of it?
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #44
GTMat
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepN2Boost View Post
+1 There must be a reason why dynamat has been the leading the industry is sound deadening all these years. The phrase often imitated never duplicated comes to mind. But hey, prove me wrong and ill be a believer.
We always welcome comparison of our GTMAT product to premium products like Dynamat Xtreme and Damplifier Pro. While we market our product as a discount product with published differences, we do understand there will be feature by feature direct comparisons. As you know the higher end products use Butyl and we have and asphalt based product. Butyl has a different smell and has different heat-related properties than asphalt based mats. Lets be perfectly clear: GTMAT is not claiming to be better than Damplifier or Dynamat Extreme. If you can afford to do your job with Damplifier or Dynamat Extreme, you should as its features are the best you can hope for in a sheet product. But if you need a discount alternative, GTMAT is worth a look. For the price, GTMAT gets the basic job done, almost as well as the high-dollar premium products, and much better than the 'garbage' at the hardware store.

That being said, our free sample is 100% completely free, we pick up the shipping charge as well. So why not give us a test drive?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #45
Briou
Zilvia Member

Briou is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
The S15 silvia sr20det is capable of putting down 280rwhp through the oem exhaust system.

Now tell me, guys, where is your 300+rwhp that requires an aftermarket exhaust? Does anybody in this thread actually own a turbo engine producing over 300 horsepower that necessitates the noisy exhaust system?
To answer your second question: Yes I own a turbo engine (sr20det) producing over 300 horsepower that necessitates a noisy exhaust system.

And to answer your first question: My 300+rwhp which performs extremely will with my 3" aftermarket exhaust is in the driveway.

Any other questions?
Briou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #46
kojiki88
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
kojiki88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just called in for the free sample, I should get it in 3 to 5 business days. I have never tried the other products but I will give a review on GTMAT once I put it in my S13. I'm not worried on the weight added with this since I am pushing 300 RWHP (Oh, I also have a 3" turbo back exhaust. Even though its not unbearable, anything that helps quite down the cabin its a win win situation.) Thanks GTMAT for the Free sample!!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #47
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Read first! I said they don't have as much road noise. 240's have much more than speaker rattling
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
dang dude, it's just sound deadening lol.

Why pay $8 bucks now when you can get some stuff for free? Why not take advantage of it?
^ +1 You got it. Why not take advantage of it while it last free is always good
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #48
240SilviaX
Leaky Injector

240SilviaX is an unknown quantity at this point
GTMAT is the shit, They ship fast, i covered everything from the hatch to the rear of the front seats
240SilviaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #49
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I've always wondered how products like these are suppose to be used. I've seen install photos of people covering damn near the whole car in the stuff and some who do selective strips? Which is it? If the latter, then how do you go about selecting the actual areas to be covered in the stuff?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #50
nismostormtrooper
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
nismostormtrooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
GTmat is pretty legit, used it to get rid of the rattle from the rear deck. Worked perfect!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #51
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTMat View Post

That being said, our free sample is 100% completely free, we pick up the shipping charge as well. So why not give us a test drive?
I'll tell you why, sir/ma'am- Because the good stuff doesn't have asphalt in it for a reason...

Totally LOL'd when I read your Rico Suave way of saying your product "has different heat-related properties..." Translation: It sucks in the heat! You can't use asphalt-based products near anywhere that has the potential to get hot (firewalls, over exhaust areas, CA, AZ, TX or anywehere else that has hot summers)... Unless you like a mess in the driver's compartment and the inside of it smelling like a freshly paved road... The reason? Physics- Asphalt becomes pliable and melts when even mildly heated- much like how the road gets squishy when it gets hot.

The good stuff on the other hand, not only deadens sound and reduces rattles wonderfully; it also "can withstand temperatures of -30 to 400F" (Source: Summit Racing® Ultra Heat and Sound-Deadening Mats SUM-879006 - SummitRacing.com ... which is what I used). Not all of it is as expensive as Dynamat; but if you want quality, there is still a price to be paid for it.

In otherwords, if you are an S-chassis owner who has already polluted your car with knockoff "discount mods" because you are on a budget; this "discount alternative" may suit you nicely. However, with your best interests in mind; I strongly urge you to reconsider this one- There are just some things you shouldn't skimp on.

BTW Props to the dude who used the $8 Peel & Seal. Not my first choice, but I bet it will succeed where GTMat will not.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #52
240SilviaX
Leaky Injector

LoL @ Mikester ,, my car is black and has been sitting in the direct sun every day and my car gets hot like 140* inside since we have been getting these recent heat waves in CA. GTmat is rated up to -100*F to 300*F and had not melted away untill 375F* in tests.. so lets average 50*F from your Summit racing stuff that you paid $100 more than I did for the same amount of material... Not once has my car started to smell like asphalt or has it started to melt away. But its nice to hear your assumptions, the Peel and seal type from the hardware store will melt away way b4 the GTmat will they have tested it and made a video of it. And discount budget haha, Why pay more for sound deaden-er when I can spend that money on my Powered By Max parts .. just looks like another person likes to talk shit and has no idea what he is talking about.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #53
240SilviaX
Leaky Injector

And no where in the summit page it says what its made of, so all n all you have no idea if its a asphalt or not. just sayin..
Old 10-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #54
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Awww you guys

If you have 'real' wheels: use Dynamat.

If you have fake wheels: use GTMat.

Maybe now you can stop bumping your peepees together now.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #55
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SilviaX View Post
LoL @ Mikester ,, my car is black and has been sitting in the direct sun every day and my car gets hot like 140* inside since we have been getting these recent heat waves in CA. GTmat is rated up to -100*F to 300*F and had not melted away untill 375F* in tests.. so lets average 50*F from your Summit racing stuff that you paid $100 more than I did for the same amount of material... Not once has my car started to smell like asphalt or has it started to melt away. But its nice to hear your assumptions, the Peel and seal type from the hardware store will melt away way b4 the GTmat will they have tested it and made a video of it. And discount budget haha, Why pay more for sound deaden-er when I can spend that money on my Powered By Max parts .. just looks like another person likes to talk shit and has no idea what he is talking about.
Here, fill this out and send it to a mod:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SilviaX View Post
And no where in the summit page it says what its made of, so all n all you have no idea if its a asphalt or not. just sayin..
Actually, I did extensive research knowing that whatever I put in was going to be a permanent fixture... This is what Summit carries under their house brand: Frequently Asked Question About Hushmat

^^ Clue in to the part where it says "Why doesn't HushMat offer an asphalt or PVC damper like the “other” guys?"

Have a great day.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:40 AM   #56
240SilviaX
Leaky Injector

LMFAO hahaha hurt feelings report how cute you posted than instead of responding on my facts that makes your "translation" bullshit. It does everything its designed to do well. Far from hurt feelings. I had a great day got alot of stuff done to the car, thanks for letting me know you care .. who cares lol, it does its job doesn't melt or smell so who gives a fuck. and I saved $100

Last edited by 240SilviaX; 10-29-2012 at 01:13 AM..
Old 10-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #57
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTMat View Post
We always welcome comparison of our GTMAT product to premium products like Dynamat Xtreme and Damplifier Pro. While we market our product as a discount product with published differences, we do understand there will be feature by feature direct comparisons. As you know the higher end products use Butyl and we have and asphalt based product. Butyl has a different smell and has different heat-related properties than asphalt based mats. Lets be perfectly clear: GTMAT is not claiming to be better than Damplifier or Dynamat Extreme. If you can afford to do your job with Damplifier or Dynamat Extreme, you should as its features are the best you can hope for in a sheet product. But if you need a discount alternative, GTMAT is worth a look. For the price, GTMAT gets the basic job done, almost as well as the high-dollar premium products, and much better than the 'garbage' at the hardware store.

I have been a high-end car audio dealer/installer for 20 years now, have personally done installs on over 25,000 vehicles and I'm a Second Skin dealer to-boot... and that post I just quoted is the most honest reply I have ever heard from a product rep/manufacturer. Most reps just say their product is the best you can buy and talk it up like they are re-inventing the wheel... I get sick of it.

Kudos to you man... I may just have to try your product out as a cheaper price point product.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #58
Corbic
Post Whore!

Well I just placed an order. Well see how this does on the my S13 when it gets here.

I currently have all poly bushings, solid subframe mounts, welded diff, SR, 3" straight exhaust to a Mag. Muffler a FMIC with no BOV and mechanical fan.

Unlike my Tacoma, there is no confusion if the engine is running!

Another product out there is Fatmat, I may try some of there's as well, although ion not sure how to do a comparison without striping out and changing over the products.

http://www.fatmat.com/bulk/fatmat/25.html
Old 10-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #59
GTMat
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
I'll tell you why, sir/ma'am- Because the good stuff doesn't have asphalt in it for a reason...

Totally LOL'd when I read your Rico Suave way of saying your product "has different heat-related properties..." Translation: It sucks in the heat! You can't use asphalt-based products near anywhere that has the potential to get hot (firewalls, over exhaust areas, CA, AZ, TX or anywehere else that has hot summers)... Unless you like a mess in the driver's compartment and the inside of it smelling like a freshly paved road... The reason? Physics- Asphalt becomes pliable and melts when even mildly heated- much like how the road gets squishy when it gets hot.

The good stuff on the other hand, not only deadens sound and reduces rattles wonderfully; it also "can withstand temperatures of -30 to 400F" (Source: Summit Racing® Ultra Heat and Sound-Deadening Mats SUM-879006 - SummitRacing.com ... which is what I used). Not all of it is as expensive as Dynamat; but if you want quality, there is still a price to be paid for it.

In otherwords, if you are an S-chassis owner who has already polluted your car with knockoff "discount mods" because you are on a budget; this "discount alternative" may suit you nicely. However, with your best interests in mind; I strongly urge you to reconsider this one- There are just some things you shouldn't skimp on.

BTW Props to the dude who used the $8 Peel & Seal. Not my first choice, but I bet it will succeed where GTMat will not.
You are more than welcome to state your opinions but I would advise people to take your information with a grain of salt as you have not even attempted to test our product yourself. GTMat is located in Texas and the majority of installations have been in Texas where, as you know, summers can hit up to 115 degrees. We have several employee vehicles that were covered in GTMat during the summer and have not had any type of melting issues. We have also shipped samples to California and Arizona in the summer and have not had any reports of melting from these customers. As far as an asphalt smell, our product has been engineered to have very little to no smell. Most of the free sample users who reported a smell, noted that it was hardly noticeable and dissipated after a few hours of installation.

Take a look at our test video and feel free to call me when you are ready to give us an honest review.
And by the way, it's ma'am and I will be installing GTMat on my 370Z doors this week. I'd be happy to take a video for you showing the temperature here and what not if you wish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzUd665qG8M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
I have been a high-end car audio dealer/installer for 20 years now, have personally done installs on over 25,000 vehicles and I'm a Second Skin dealer to-boot... and that post I just quoted is the most honest reply I have ever heard from a product rep/manufacturer. Most reps just say their product is the best you can buy and talk it up like they are re-inventing the wheel... I get sick of it.

Kudos to you man... I may just have to try your product out as a cheaper price point product.
You are more than welcome to request a free sample and let us know your thoughts. Give me a call if you want one. I'd like to state the we are not out to deceive customers about our product. We know there are better options but they may not work with a budget that has been set.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #60
GTMat
Leaky Injector

For anyone still interested in the free sample, we will be accepting orders today until 5PM central time. Let me know if you have any other questions.