Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #61
fuco8210
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
fuco8210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bringing this back up.. I am thinking about doing this and priced the 3 sensors and fan control amp at $169. I cant seem to find part no. 27152-0E000 (altima mounting shield) anywhere? But i have not tried the dealership yet just the online parts sites.

Ok, my real question is that it looks like some of the sensors have plugs in them and when i order the new sensors wont they send just the sensor and not the connectors with pigtails?
fuco8210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #62
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
You will need all the pigtails.

The sunload sensor and aspirator can be pilfered from most Nissan vehicles, Maxima, Altima, Pathfinder, J30, Q45, so can the plugs. The blower resistor can be nabbed from an S13 along with the steel mounting cage.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #63
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Yeah, this is where I am at with my DCC install.

I de-pinned a wire from the usdm connector to see if the pins fit in the jdm connectors. looks like all you have to do is turn them upside down and they slide right in. So this is swell, it will save me time soldering and cutting shit up.

face+

palm+

all de-pinned

all pinned into the jdm connectors.

Anything that required joining two other wires, I put to the side, also all of the large plugs obviously are put off to the side as well. They kind of have huge wires so I'm trying to think of a creative way to split them into smaller wires since it seems a lot of the grounds in the write up go to separate plugs "shrugs" then jump and go into other plugs???

The ambient temp sensor wires are the red and blue ones you see in the background. (engine bay sensor)

Now I don't have 3 of the items installed, cabin temp sensor, sunload sensor, and that fan thingie. I guess I don't have the mounting shield for one of the items, so I'm going to see if that's on my s13 somewhere.

This is the ambient temp sensor that was sent with my pigtail kit, if it's the wrong one, i'm not really tripping. At least it's wired and loomed into the main body harness. I have the jdm ambient sensor on an s14 radiator support clip I have at my parents house. But I'll give this one a try for now.

well that's where I am.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #64
koukimonstersr20

koukimonstersr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
s14

Hi , Once you get it to work, let me know, Im struggling, needs help, I cant seem to get the Mode door motors working correct!!, maybe im missing something??
koukimonstersr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #65
chuonthis
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
chuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Russ is right. I don't know how I left all of that out of the write up.

1) You need all the pigtails for the sensors.
2) The sunload sensor is the same across a bunch of cars.
3) You can get the fan control amp and mounting shield off a USDM S13.

Om1kron, that ambient temp sensor will probably work fine as long as it's off a Nissan. Good job with the depinning. Don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place. All of my wires are soldered and heatshrunk now so no messy quick-connects anymore. And the sensor ground wire (#29) splits off to all the sensors. You don't daisy-chain them. Up to you how you wanna split them.

koukimonstersr20, what happens when you try to change the mode? Does it not move at all? Or does it switch to the wrong mode?
chuonthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:00 AM   #66
koukimonstersr20

koukimonstersr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
My didital climate control is working !!!!!, I feel like an expert now, your guide, the factory wiring manuel , lots of cursing and a 100 hours later!!!

: boink:

!!!!!!

Thanx.
koukimonstersr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #67
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
yeah, my fan speed sensor or whatever doesn't have it's pigtail, so I'm kind of stuck there.

But what did you do with all of the extra wires left over?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #68
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Simone Video Blog - Depinning your M48 connector for your DCC Swap

Old 04-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #69
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dam bro that is a fresh write-up man thanks!
S14Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:59 AM   #70
chuonthis
Zilvia Member

chuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the rough
Haha, nice video. That was the intake door motor plug.

Let me know if have any problems or suggestions with the write-up. In your build thread, it looks like you're saying you found a yellow wire from the original harness that does the water temp? I couldn't find it in the USDM FSM and I don't think I saw one on the harness. If you can find it in the FSM, let me know the page and I can double check on it. And FYI, the purpose of the water temp is described on page HA-136 of the S14 SR20 FSM.

When you finish, I'll add whatever you found to the write-up. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:24 AM   #71
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuonthis View Post
Haha, nice video. That was the intake door motor plug.

Let me know if have any problems or suggestions with the write-up. In your build thread, it looks like you're saying you found a yellow wire from the original harness that does the water temp? I couldn't find it in the USDM FSM and I don't think I saw one on the harness. If you can find it in the FSM, let me know the page and I can double check on it. And FYI, the purpose of the water temp is described on page HA-136 of the S14 SR20 FSM.

When you finish, I'll add whatever you found to the write-up. Thanks!
Yeah about that, it must've been my 4am multimeter checking, I cut the tap off of the solid yellow wire I made because I was getting the same signal for continuity when testing the tap and another plug that is yellow (on the air mix motor)

DUR!!! I did poke the right yellow wire, how I tapped the wrong one was beyond me. The proper one has been tapped and pinned, I finished all of the dcc wiring today and taped it up.

I'm going to need a new roll of electric tape soon as I have moved on to adding the headlight relay into my car now.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #72
Om1kron
Post Whore!

so i have every mode door motor error you can possibly think of. The motor just twitches instead of setting itself to a position after running the diagnostics mode. It also couldn't read any temps from the sensors but that's because it was in the garage at a neutral temp.

I'll have to print out the s14 instructions and troubleshoot it make sure everything is golden. I don't see how I slacked off there, everything else is golden.

Another thing is I NEVER hear the fan come on for the blower motor.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:10 AM   #73
_JDM_

_JDM_ is an unknown quantity at this point
hello guys,
which air-mix motor you are taking when swaping DCC in S14. I still have problems with it. The JDM one works fine, but it turning to wrong side (when I set 18 it gives me full hot, when 32 - full cold). I did not try EUDM. Maybe it will be fine? But EUDM air-mix motor works on 12V (PBR) and JDM on 5V (PBR).
_JDM_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:29 AM   #74
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _JDM_ View Post
hello guys,
which air-mix motor you are taking when swaping DCC in S14. I still have problems with it. The JDM one works fine, but it turning to wrong side (when I set 18 it gives me full hot, when 32 - full cold). I did not try EUDM. Maybe it will be fine? But EUDM air-mix motor works on 12V (PBR) and JDM on 5V (PBR).
You have to re-pin it.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #75
_JDM_

_JDM_ is an unknown quantity at this point
to use EUDM (USDM) yes, to use JDM - I dont, cause I'm using JDM wiring harness.

And what about EUDM (USDM), thant one is ok? It is working fine?
_JDM_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 AM   #76
Om1kron
Post Whore!

yeah my mode door motor took a shit, that ambient temp sensor is a dud, and I'm falling asleep typing this after sucking down a monster. no homo.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #77
chuonthis
Zilvia Member

I think if you use the JDM air mix door motor, it can work if you repin it since it is on their driver side. Probably just switch the +hot/-cold with the -hot/+cold wires and you'll be good. And yes, the USDM air mix door motor works if you follow the wiring in my guide.

Om1kron, the ambient and in-cabin sensors should return readings even in the garage. The sunload is the only one that requires some amount of sun to be on it, which the FSM says can be simulated with a light bulb.

I probably don't have to ask, but have you double/triple checked your wiring to the mode door motor? Did you do the combining of some of the wires like in the guide?

Did you get your blower motor to work? There's a chance that you might've mixed a L/W (one for +FAN and one for MODE2) with a L/Y (FAN OUT, usdm MODE4). They are all similar/same colors so they can be easily mixed up.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:30 AM   #78
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuonthis View Post
I think if you use the JDM air mix door motor, it can work if you repin it since it is on their driver side. Probably just switch the +hot/-cold with the -hot/+cold wires and you'll be good. And yes, the USDM air mix door motor works if you follow the wiring in my guide.

Om1kron, the ambient and in-cabin sensors should return readings even in the garage. The sunload is the only one that requires some amount of sun to be on it, which the FSM says can be simulated with a light bulb.

I probably don't have to ask, but have you double/triple checked your wiring to the mode door motor? Did you do the combining of some of the wires like in the guide?

Did you get your blower motor to work? There's a chance that you might've mixed a L/W (one for +FAN and one for MODE2) with a L/Y (FAN OUT, usdm MODE4). They are all similar/same colors so they can be easily mixed up.
haha no problem I'm already confused.

I am certain the resistor is probably bad, as I am getting proper voltage readings from the devices. But I will double check continuity through all that stuff as well. I will try switching the -+ hot cold with the +- hot cold tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.

Let me throw a video together for ya.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #79
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I would just like to add, if you plan on installing the DCC in your car but have removed your air conditioning.

The dcc will not turn on at all without a fuse in the A/C position on the driverside kick fuse panel which runs to the blue/orange wire going to your A/C relay and Fan 1, Fan 2 relay.

It's just an FYI.

as far as the videos I mentioned posting my movie editing program kept freezing on me. So I will simply say that the motor itself gets only error code 35 now, so I can live with that until I replace it.

And I need to replace the fan amp. I put my multimeter to the motor plug on the fan box and changed the fan speeds on the dcc, and with each increase in speed the voltage went higher as it's supposed to.

The fan amp is not conveying the message to turn it on, all voltages check out per the fsm troubleshooting tips. So yeah I need to replace the stupid thing.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #80
myowncasualty

myowncasualty is an unknown quantity at this point
<fails- i just installed my dcc and have everything working except the a/c compressor (doesnt click on)....i wired it directly to the battery just to make sure my compressor was ok and it work....from reading this install and another and referencing to the fsm im pretty sure my #19 from the dcc is wrong, i have it wired to the yellow black but nothing happens, either that is fine and i dont have the other two wires from the thermal control amp wired right. the L/Or is wired to an ignition +12 source....and do i leave the Or/L coming from the thermal amp alone (wired as stock) or does it need to be ran to something?(i assume its the wire that runs to the ecu?
myowncasualty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #81
kevin_s13.5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
kevin_s13.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have a 95 240sx that I am currently installing a s14 dcc and I have a few prob's:
To start I have a complete interior harness from the silvia. I have already stripped it down to the wires and got all of the unneeded wires separated out. So I have it wired in, and everything works but.. My full vent and full foot modes are switched and it doesn't even try for the defroster.

I used the mode door motor that came with the harness. This is where the mix up is.. I believe.

I used the s14 sr20 fsm to re-pin the plug to the mode door motor. I even used chuonthis' page. I can't figure it out.

One more thing, I don't have the amb. temp sensor or sunload sensor plugged in yet.

Getting codes 34, 35
Old 06-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #82
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
thanks alot.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #83
kevin_s13.5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
kevin_s13.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Anyone got any pictures of there mode door motor plug and air mix plug. I need to see how you have the wires run. I have my dcc installed but can't figure out why my vent and foot are switched. I also need to know how the air mix is run. It's either full hot or full cold on mine. I also used the jdm harness. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #84
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
I used all the OE motors besides the air mix motor, and it all worked fine except for the mode door being backwards. The air mix motor can be kept OE if you repin it to work in reverse, but it's easier to just mount the JDM one.

It's been like eight years since I did mine so I may be a little foggy on those details.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 09-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #85
Andres_G
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Andres_G is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitzalan View Post
i've found your mistake on the pin out dude. defroster vent + and -, u did a mess up on that. jdm pin 5 go to usdm 8, and jdm pin 6 go to usdm 7.

because jdm pin 5 is + def - vent, usdm pin 8 match the jdm pin 5.
and jdm pin 6 is - def +vent, usdm pin 7 match the jdm pin 6.
i read everything accord to jdm fsm and usdm fsm. you don't always match those wires. fsm is the truth. i never follow anyone's write up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuonthis
^Umm...that's what I have in my write up. JDM 5 to USDM 8 and JDM 6 to USDM 7. Maybe you're reading the table wrong? I didn't change anything.

This guy was on the right track.......but didn't quite get there.
Was going over the FSM's and I've found a couple of things that I thought you guys should know about the write up.

Text that is in bold/italics/underlined is the way it should be.

JDM#----JDM color----USMD#----USDM color----Purpose/notes
1---------R/B----------19---------PU---------------OPEN/+CLOSE
2---------R/Y----------18---------LG/W-----------+OPEN/-CLOSE

JDM#----JDM color----USDM#----USDM color----Purpose/notes
5---------G/Y ---------7(seven)---G/OR----------DEF/+VENT
6---------G------------8-----------G/Y-----------+DEF/-VENT

I'll be doing this sometime, so I'll probably be in here asking some noobie questions if I can't figure it out.

Last edited by Andres_G; 09-12-2009 at 12:16 PM..
Andres_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:49 AM   #86
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I just wish I knew someone else who had the dcc install done so I could test my blower amp on someone elses car to make sure I got a lemon set of sensors off of ebay.

just found this on nico club... oooooh ooooh oooh... http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothrea...trol-amplifier

I'm going to try this.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #87
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I just wish I knew someone else who had the dcc install done so I could test my blower amp on someone elses car to make sure I got a lemon set of sensors off of ebay.

just found this on nico club... oooooh ooooh oooh... How to fix your Fan Control Amplifier: Q45 Forum / Cima Forum: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub

I'm going to try this.
That's a lot of tedious work when you can find them at nearly every yard on the planet.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #88
ob1silvia

ob1silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
if any one needs help installing the dcc in an s14 that lives in the socal area i can hook it up 100 bucks
ob1silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #89
Andres_G
Zilvia Member

^That's like paying someone else to bang your girl!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #90
Andres_G
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
That's a lot of tedious work when you can find them at nearly every yard on the planet.
Yeah...but it's fun to fix stuff. Having a sense of accomplishment