Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-16-2019, 05:20 PM   #22471
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
I use a gear wrench 3/8 electronic wrench at my work, I really like it. It's easy to program and accurate (been at the shop for ~ 3 years).

Other recommendation would be a CDI wrench.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I completely forgot to check CDI. THANKs! , no homo

I have my eyes set on the CDI 752MFRMH Torque 3/8-Inch (5-75 ft.lbs)
Old 01-16-2019, 06:04 PM   #22472
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post
I completely forgot to check CDI. THANKs! , no homo

I have my eyes set on the CDI 752MFRMH Torque 3/8-Inch (5-75 ft.lbs)
No homo makes it okay. I have CDI's 150 ft lb wrench. Really good quality. Basically snap on w/ a diff ratchet head.

mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:52 PM   #22473
Suzann T. Lyons

Trader Rating: (0)
Suzann T. Lyons is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
A 'basic' welder runs about $300 or so from Lowe's or Harbor Freight. This will get you a stick welder or a very basic wire feed welder or a plasma cutter. If you are going to weld stainless, you need tanks oxy acetylene with argon, and the rest of the kit.
Wire feed will do seam welding and pretty much any basic stuff on the car(seam welding parts or body core, attaching brackets, etc). TIG, for exhaust and intake piping that is stainless or cool lightweight metal.

You want the standard pro level worker stuff, get ready to spend around $1,000 but at a welding and gas shop, you will get everything you need along with all the right pro gear. I try to tell anyone who welds, in a car, you will be welding under your work, so get a leather protector that covers arms, chest and neck. I dated an asian coworker when we worked together in San Francisco on high rise stuff welding, she hated her leathers in the summer...til that one single slag went down her chest onto her boob. She was a convert after that that no matter how hot, that pro gear was ON. She had the cutest scar that ran from just under her neck, dotted down her chest and ended with a nice round circle right on the edge of her cleavage. As I remember, she looked pretty damn hot all black hair holding that welder handle...
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will now definitely buy a leather protector to stay safe from any such burns. One more thing about the welder. I found this https://topreviewedten.com/best-mig-welder/. Is any of these MIG Welder, Handheld, 120VAC, LOTOS MIG175 175AMPmentioned in this list worth buying? If not then can you suggest some options?
Suzann T. Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:51 AM   #22474
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzann T. Lyons View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will now definitely buy a leather protector to stay safe from any such burns. One more thing about the welder. I found this https://topreviewedten.com/best-mig-welder/. Is any of these MIG Welder, Handheld, 120VAC, LOTOS MIG175 175AMPmentioned in this list worth buying? If not then can you suggest some options?
Lincoln is the standard.

If I was buying for the house, though, the LOTOS is what I would get. It has the best adjustability, it can weld MIG/TIG/Stick, and it uses the higher amperage 220v power for better welding. It will do thin argon shield stainless and have no issue welding up a alternator bracket to the diff or it's powering belt driven pully to the driveshaft (real racecar move, great for endurance, not so great for drift or drag where you sit and wait)
Old 01-17-2019, 01:46 PM   #22475
willforster24

willforster24 is an unknown quantity at this point
New s13 confusion

Got a s13 last week and put a new starter in today. It cranked and won’t start. Do u think the crappy alternator (know it’s bad have a new one coming next week) could cause it not to start or is it something else because the fuel injectors were good and spark plugs were wet when I pulled them. Also have a mystery connector behind the passenger side fuse box in the engine bay that is brown that is not connected to anything. (Tried to take a pic and won’t let me upload). Thanks for the help new here
willforster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:59 PM   #22476
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by willforster24 View Post
Got a s13 last week and put a new starter in today. It cranked and won’t start. Do u think the crappy alternator (know it’s bad have a new one coming next week) could cause it not to start or is it something else because the fuel injectors were good and spark plugs were wet when I pulled them. Also have a mystery connector behind the passenger side fuse box in the engine bay that is brown that is not connected to anything. (Tried to take a pic and won’t let me upload). Thanks for the help new here

Car will turn over with a bad alternator, so your problem is elsewhere, but your battery will take a shit quick if it is a bad alternator ...
As far as the plug for s13, upload a pic when you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:48 PM   #22477
willforster24

willforster24 is an unknown quantity at this point
here is a pic of the plug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Webp.net-compress-image.jpg (474.4 KB, 25 views)
willforster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:41 PM   #22478
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Any recommendations for a floor jacks?

I have my eyes set on HF's original Daytona and Jeg's Aluminum floor jack (yellow). I want to see if there are any other good floor jacks out there in the ~$200 range with good warranty and rebuilt kit availability. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:46 PM   #22479
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:

I have my eyes set on HF's original Daytona and Jeg's Aluminum floor jack (yellow). I want to see if there any other good floor jacks out there in the ~$200 range with good warranty and rebuilt kit availability. Thanks.
Love the Daytona. Just make sure whatever you get meets your needs.

Join the HF club for $30 and thr Daytona is $170.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:50 PM   #22480
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

I have my eyes set on HF's original Daytona and Jeg's Aluminum floor jack (yellow). I want to see if there any other good floor jacks out there in the ~$200 range with good warranty and rebuilt kit availability. Thanks.

Can confirm the Harbor Freight Daytona jack is great...unless someone else has
had a bad experience with one.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #22481
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by willforster24 View Post
here is a pic of the plug
I believe it's for the A/C pressure switch on the receiver dryer

Old 01-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #22482
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

I have my eyes set on HF's original Daytona and Jeg's Aluminum floor jack (yellow). I want to see if there are any other good floor jacks out there in the ~$200 range with good warranty and rebuilt kit availability. Thanks.
I have the HF 3 ton low profile jack, and I love it

Old 01-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #22483
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
I and everyone I live around use the Harbor Freight 3 ton low pro. It's great.

Not sure if it's rebuild-able but it's cheap and they last long.

PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #22484
staying_chuki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
staying_chuki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm trying to install the fuel rail back onto my ka24de and it's being a bitch, mainly the far left part that goes onto the intake manifold doesn't wanna go over the stud.

Will the fuel rail still sit correctly if I just cut this portion off and use the two upper bolts?

Sent from my FLA-LX3 using Tapatalk
staying_chuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:01 PM   #22485
PAPERPLANES

PAPERPLANES is an unknown quantity at this point
Skid Plate/Under Tray

does anyone have/run or know of someone who uses p2m undertray? is the airflow any benefit or am I better off saving some money and buying a cheap undertray/make my own.
PAPERPLANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:00 AM   #22486
caspa
Leaky Injector

caspa is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there an alternative to Nissan's ka24de OEM fan clutch?
caspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:12 AM   #22487
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPERPLANES View Post
does anyone have/run or know of someone who uses p2m undertray? is the airflow any benefit or am I better off saving some money and buying a cheap undertray/make my own.
Haven't been able to use it (test it), but it looks good. The louvers will definitely pull air from the bay, but you have to have the front (bumper to core support) with a smooth undershield as well.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:20 AM   #22488
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by staying_chuki View Post
I'm trying to install the fuel rail back onto my ka24de and it's being a bitch, mainly the far left part that goes onto the intake manifold doesn't wanna go over the stud.

Will the fuel rail still sit correctly if I just cut this portion off and use the two upper bolts?

Sent from my FLA-LX3 using Tapatalk

Use a bit of assembly lube on the rubbers and push the ends in first, equally, then only turn the hardware one turn at a time R,L,C1,C2 until it's in.

Quote:
p2M is good stuff. My freind in Hawaii uses one. I will say this, any undertray is better than none, especially in rain when puddles splash and make your belts slip
Old 01-21-2019, 02:12 PM   #22489
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Figured this would be a decent place to post this.

I know it may seem common sense red flags, but as an awareness piece, pay attention to who's messaging you. I had a spam reply to my WTB ad. Screen shot speaks for itself, but the link sent me to an overlayed Zilvia login page to steal my info.

Keep a look out people

Old 01-21-2019, 02:55 PM   #22490
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Report that member to an admin.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:12 PM   #22491
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Report that member to an admin.
Already banned

Old 01-21-2019, 07:09 PM   #22492
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Yeah, there is no way for us to delete the PMs after they are sent. If the member is banned. It's for a reason.

Nigerian Scammer
Old 01-21-2019, 08:11 PM   #22493
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Interesting update. I noticed since I opened that website from the PM I would get random redirects to some website (Tapatalk would close and go to chrome). My ad blocker stopped the site from loading, but any time I was using Tapatalk or it was running, it would do it. When I first clicked that link to see where it would take me, it opened up from within Tapatalk. Looks like it put malware into the app. I uninstalled Tapatalk and cleared cookies/cache from chrome. No more redirects, but damn they're really trying lol.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:24 PM   #22494
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
For giggles, I ran it through McAfee atd sandbox. Clone login page is all I got. If its smart enough to know it was a sandbox, that's all I'll be able to see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:21 AM   #22495
caspa
Leaky Injector

on a ka24de, where does the stock radiator fan plug into? I cant seem to find the female connector for it.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:38 PM   #22496
PAPERPLANES

PAPERPLANES is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
p2M is good stuff. My freind in Hawaii uses one. I will say this, any undertray is better than none, especially in rain when puddles splash and make your belts slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
Haven't been able to use it (test it), but it looks good. The louvers will definitely pull air from the bay, but you have to have the front (bumper to core support) with a smooth undershield as well.

Thank you for the input.

One more question for now, is there only blue NGK spark plug wire sets for the DOHC KA24DE (91-94)? I swear I've seen red and black before but now every site I search only has blue ones for sale.
PAPERPLANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #22497
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspa View Post
on a ka24de, where does the stock radiator fan plug into? I cant seem to find the female connector for it.
Next to the triple pressure switch on the AC drier.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:08 PM   #22498
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Thank you for the input.

One more question for now, is there only blue NGK spark plug wire sets for the DOHC KA24DE (91-94)? I swear I've seen red and black before but now every site I search only has blue ones for sale.
For dohc I've only seen blue for NGK and red wires are Aurora. They're 8mm I believe.

Edit:

I remember seeing another brand having the 8mm wires, but this came up on a Google search right now

Old 01-25-2019, 06:42 AM   #22499
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Thank you for the input.

NGK is OE, or slight OE upgrade. For the price, do not buy. Get Taylor wires, they kick ass and actually work way better(if you search vehicle AND color of wire, they make other colors like red, blue, etc. I put a NIB OE set of wires on mine and was ok with them. A freind had NGK's and again, ok. Something wasn't right though. I ordered the blue Taylor set, put them on, and what a difference in idle quality, run up, deceleration, total difference, as in the engine ran better

https://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Cable-...nissan%3A240sx
Old 01-25-2019, 01:34 PM   #22500
caspa
Leaky Injector

Can you run a Fan clutch just by itself without the OEM fan shroud and OEM electric fan?