Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
obscene
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
obscene is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How to: Extend Lower Control Arms

I recently extended my front lower control arms 40mm using the Villains Drift extension pieces. It was pretty straight forward, so hopefully this video helps anyone looking to do the same.

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMVueh28tA
obscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2018, 12:59 AM   #2
jr_

jr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
What is your costs in doing all this yourself vs buying something off the shelf?
jr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:14 AM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ View Post
What is your costs in doing all this yourself vs buying something off the shelf?
Considering the extensions are $25 and their extended LCAs are $145, if you have all the required equipment, saving $120 is nice.

obscene: curious why you didn't plate the bottoms of them like most people do? Seems like while you're already in there, might as well.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
probably cuz he read this on the villains page

Q: Do you box the LCA's?
A: No, not anymore. Having extensively tested both methods we found non-boxed arms handle the rigors of drifting absolutely great! In the worst case scenario of a crash, the arm folds up and absorbs the impact saving the coilover, Cross-member, tension rod and tension rod bracket.
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:08 AM   #5
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That is good information, none the less. But the same can be said about ANY bracing if thats the argument.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:57 PM   #6
obscene
Leaky Injector

Correct, I went with the idea that these would fold up first when I hit something.

Thanks for watching!
Old 10-07-2018, 06:00 PM   #7
obscene
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
That is good information, none the less. But the same can be said about ANY bracing if thats the argument.
I'm all for bracing when it's the actual chassis or sub-frame. It's the stuff that's bolted to the car that I'm fine with destroying.