Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-03-2019, 03:59 AM   #1
stilettoman

Trader Rating: (0)
stilettoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Skyline engine management on Kawasaki motor

I designed and built the Stiletto three wheeler over several years, using a stock Kawasaki 1300 engine and wiring. After a few years of trouble free operation, I had a major wiring meltdown, including melting the plastic box with all the fuses and relays. I decided to rewire the entire vehicle, and upgrade to a more modern fuel injection system. I had just completed two engine conversions using the RB20DET motors, and I had accumulated spare parts including ECU, ignition module, cam sensor, MAF, injectors,etc. The Kawasaki was a straight six, dual cam, fuel injected, same firing order, so we decided to make it a research project. My machinist adapted the cam sensor to the exhaust cam, and built the custom intake plenum and fuel rail. We had the Nistune board installed in the ECU so we could tune the fuel map. The folks at Nistune were helpful, but did not think we could make it work. My tuner guy had it running in a couple of hours, and after a few driving and tuning sessions, it now starts, idles, runs and performs really well.

Because of space restrictions, the Infiniti J30 (Nissan Leopard) coil packs were the best choice for easy adaption, and we used a J30 throttle body and TPS. The J30 has dual throttle bodies for 3 liters, so we thought one of those would be a good size for the Kawasaki, which is 1300 cc. Everything else is RB20. I redid the dash and installed a Z32 instrument cluster.

The original build is detailed with lots of photos on my web site. There are also very detailed build threads for my RB20det powered 84 RX-7 and my RB20DET powered 1948 Studebaker: Stilettoman.info
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stiletto engine - 2009.JPG (338.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Kawasaki engine with Nissan parts.JPG (286.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Z32 Instruments.JPG (232.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg J30 coils, throttle body,custom intake .JPG (293.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Front view.jpg (426.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06836 (Large).jpg (342.6 KB, 23 views)
stilettoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links