Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-30-2016, 04:05 PM   #1
shaggy sr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
shaggy sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ka24e s13 alternator wiring

i have been searching forums, other forums and here.

here is my problem- i got the s13 that previous kid replaced new battery, water pump and new alternator before sold it to me. i drove it back to my house. it died on me. no light cluster/radio/wiper/power windows/rear lights have no powers. when i open the door, my auto seatbelts dont move. front headlamp lights are on. im confused. i re-checked the TCU (timing control unit), fuse 75a. both are good. no blown. i recharged the battery. it started running and removed jumper cable. it ran for a few mins and died again. coolant tank smoked. i hope its not head gasket.

I'm not sure what to check next! Any advice would be appreciated!

do you know any 240sx mechanic u trust in nyc/long island area? i will pay plus a few beers if it helps
Old 09-30-2016, 04:31 PM   #2
justinbyrant
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
justinbyrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
charge the battery properly, run a multi meter on the battery, should be 13.7-14ish volts while the car is running, if its not then your alt is shit or not hooked up properly
justinbyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:02 AM   #3
shaggy sr
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbyrant View Post
charge the battery properly, run a multi meter on the battery, should be 13.7-14ish volts while the car is running, if its not then your alt is shit or not hooked up properly
Possible alt is shit. Do you have photo of an alt wiring hooked up properly? I need to know what it looks like. I'll take post the photo of it tomorrow
Old 10-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #4
shaggy sr
Zilvia FREAK!

see the wire. where is it supposed to connect to? i need a better vision of where wires conntect to alt.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy sr View Post
see the wire. where is it supposed to connect to? i need a better vision of where wires conntect to alt.

I think the question you're looking for is why you have a spare cable.

You have two cables going to the alternator! Find out which of those is your ground and ground it to the alt.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=350853

This second link is to show you the bigger post is for your BAT/POWER/LEAD cable which is the white one, the smaller M8 bolt is for the ground.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=248301
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:55 PM   #6
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy sr View Post

do you know any 240sx mechanic u trust in nyc/long island area? i will pay plus a few beers if it helps
There is no such thing as a "240 mechanic". If anything these cars make you a mechanic and some type of savant in theory analysis trying diagnose issues on your car from reading forums for hours and hours while checking the FSM like its a bible and nissan is the all mighty god.

Boost be upon him.

But seriously i would do as above and strangely enough go test the alternator/bat at autozone. Checks out fine then its most likely a ground or depending if bat is relocated power wire might be bad.

FSM shows really well how power is dealt in your car. Goes from battery to 12v source areas like the one on your fuse block by your drivers feet area, then to ignition areas like when key is in. You can eliminate your bay box simply youre not getting any acc(accessory power)
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:04 PM   #7
shaggy sr
Zilvia FREAK!

I had to replace new capacitor. Hud speedo digital is now working. Thanks god!

Video was few weeks ago

this video was recently today