Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
nasadriver
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nasadriver will become famous soon enoughnasadriver will become famous soon enoughnasadriver will become famous soon enoughnasadriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
car finally finished

the car used to look alot crazier with the body kit, however i have an sr and want to not get pulled over every ten seconds, so i went with the most possible sleeper look i could.

went from this:

to this currently:

admittedly i like how the kit looked alot. it was very aggressive, but it was fitted very cheaply. i had the dents removed, there were over fenders that were drilled in, not molded, so you could actually see the screws. all those holes were filled as were holes under the over fenders.

pignose front bumper, i am one of maybe three people that prefer them.

i think it is now very sleeper and clean. i want to get rid of the speedmax's but am four lug and don't want to go through changing that at this point. the car is done and i am happy.

mods are redtop sr20det, greddy big fmic that is now very discreet, hks hipower exhaust that will be changed for a shitty flowmaster tip that is significantly smaller, greddy prospec b boost controller set to 12 psi, ground countrol coilovers, eibach springs, q45 brakes, j30 vlsd which is amazing completely changed the car, godspeed front sway bar, no rear sway bar thinking about putting the stock one one, hks vta blow off valve, tein rear strut bar, godspeed camber arms, tension rods, tein camber plates, stock slotted and drilled rear rotors, sportmax 18's with 235's in back 225's in front.

the car is stiff as can be, doesn't want to drift, and when the rear end steps out it is amazingly easy to control and then just regrips. i have a mazdaspeed 3 as a daily driver, the 240sx will take the same turns about 5mph faster, and the ms3 is a .9g 69 mph slalom car, so that is impressive, and the transistions in an s turn are much smoother because of the way the car slides to grip.

i went into this being told an s13 was a horrible choice for a track car, however i feel like i built a non drifting 240sx that will grip forever with better tires. i love my car and it's going to be very fast on a track, ill be at wsir for the grip event.

thanks to the forums for the 18 months of valuable information. its nice to be done. all that is left is a carbon fiber front lip, 180sx tail lights, 4 point cage, and a ball bearing t28. these are all gonna happen when they happen, no rush.

i am looking for an s14 to swap a vq35 into as my daily driiver as i am completley over fwd. thanks for lookin.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 12:54 AM   #2
RPS13-604
Zilvia Junkie

RPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really nice
personally imo i like it the way u have it now then when you had the body kit on
Old 01-21-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
amdnivram
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
amdnivram is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to amdnivram
super clean, good luck on the track. i hope i can get myself another daily so i can use my 240 for the track. i havent been on the track ever lol and i dont think using my daily at the track would be a good idea lol.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
How come you changed your s13 to sleeper status when you have a daily driver?
Old 01-21-2009, 01:21 AM   #5
Sti_Guy
BANNED

Sti_Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
smart idea! good way not to get POPPED
Old 01-21-2009, 01:29 AM   #6
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
I like how you chose pignose as well. Throw the stock lip on there and you will be fine. Although I can't say I really like the silver color, it looks a bit too matte I think would be the word. Maybe a bit more of a darker silver. I understand your not trying to get popped or anything, but I still think there are better color picks out there.

Oh just read about the CF lip and such. Good luck, I think it will look great all in all.

*Edit* I think it's the mirrors, I think they should be black. That might be whats turning me off about the paint.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:09 AM   #7
codunc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
codunc is making a name for him/her selfcodunc is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataXUnknown View Post
*Edit* I think it's the mirrors, I think they should be black. That might be whats turning me off about the paint.
+1
mirrors, a pillars and roof would look much better black
Old 01-21-2009, 02:23 AM   #8
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (226)
pink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 226 reviews
Maybe put on some SE rims so more sleeper and incase get popped.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:25 AM   #9
180sExy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 180sExy
wow! that is clean! man I drove my car too work the other day an was pulled over 3x's on my way too work. sucks!
Old 01-21-2009, 03:48 AM   #10
bo2o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
bo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
oe lip would do. with side skirts and rear valence. or mud flaps.

your selling your exhaust rite? not chopping it off to put another cheapy?
put a es oval haha. those look clean and have good tone.

^^^click^^^
Old 01-21-2009, 04:54 AM   #11
deadstock40
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
deadstock40 is a glorious beacon of lightdeadstock40 is a glorious beacon of lightdeadstock40 is a glorious beacon of lightdeadstock40 is a glorious beacon of lightdeadstock40 is a glorious beacon of lightdeadstock40 is a glorious beacon of lightdeadstock40 is a glorious beacon of lightdeadstock40 is a glorious beacon of lightdeadstock40 is a glorious beacon of lightdeadstock40 is a glorious beacon of lightdeadstock40 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
looks good man.. what kinda wheels were you lookin to get?
Old 01-21-2009, 05:03 AM   #12
1994Boy
Leaky Injector

1994Boy is making his/her stupidity well-known1994Boy is making his/her stupidity well-known1994Boy is making his/her stupidity well-known1994Boy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Looks good dude but you need to lower it more!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #13
nasadriver
Leaky Injector

nasadriver will become famous soon enoughnasadriver will become famous soon enoughnasadriver will become famous soon enoughnasadriver will become famous soon enough
ill drop it a little bit more, but i want to keep good suspension travel and i had to drive it 40 miles home from the paint shop, didn't want to scuff my new paint that quickly.

thanks for the comments. Where can I find an oe lip. good idea on painting the mirrors and roof, i was going to call and have that done but actually completely forgot.

i do stil have the rear aftermarket bumper on because i couldn't source a clean rear bumper. thats why i want a lip so it looks balanced.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #14
artdrifter
Zilvia Member

artdrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
super clean. The paint is very matte though. You ever going to gloss coat it?
Old 01-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #15
nasadriver
Leaky Injector

probably not, it's a track car. It isn't that matte in person, car was just very very dusty. it isn't glossy either, its pretty flat, but i don't want a high gloss paint job on a track car that is going to have rocks and gravel and dirt ruining the paint lap after lap, didn't make sense to me.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #16
veeates36
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
veeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond reputeveeates36 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to veeates36
Looks really clean man..
Old 01-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #17
aoiken3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
aoiken3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
im digging the painted mirrors but it'd look better w/ the a pillar black imo. if you like it though, thats all that matters. nice looking car overall man
Old 01-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #18
Driftapparel.com
Leaky Injector

Driftapparel.com has a spectacular aura aboutDriftapparel.com has a spectacular aura aboutDriftapparel.com has a spectacular aura aboutDriftapparel.com has a spectacular aura aboutDriftapparel.com has a spectacular aura aboutDriftapparel.com has a spectacular aura about
Yup Black mirrors, pillars, and roof are always a plus but regardless the car is looking really clean! Good job and I thinks its great! What kinda power you puttin down?
Old 01-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #19
nasadriver
Leaky Injector

never dynod it but with the boost controller, exhaust and fmic i would guess 220 to 230whp. my goal is to have 300 which i think a t28 would get me damn close too. forgot to mention i have the walboro 255lph fuel pump. stiil on stupid mechanical fan though, only fan i have found was at autobachs for 500, i know altima fans work but havent come across one in a junk yard yet. probably hit up the junkyard on sunday again, my drivers seat is f'ed up too, same worn spot everyone has. lateral supposrt sucks anyways ill prolly go aftermarket. really want 180sx front seats though.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #20
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

White Comet is making a name for him/her selfWhite Comet is making a name for him/her self
i agree that black pillars, mirrors and roof would be perfect, but it looks very nice regardless. you definitely achieved the sleeper look. on a side note, how do you like your profec b spec 2? i had one and HATED it. it was terrible so i have an avcr now
Old 01-22-2009, 02:06 PM   #21
nasadriver
Leaky Injector

i hate it too, it's really a piece of shit, it isn't an ebc, and isn't really an mbc and sucks at being both. the high low settings suck as well, i get more boost in low than high. its a piece. I am actually running a cheap little txs mbc right now, works fine.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #22
tramp_drift240
Leaky Injector

tramp_drift240 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tramp_drift240
pignose love, i still think you should perhaps lower it more.

looks good though, very oem approach
Old 01-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #23
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i guess i just dont understand why you would take a decent looking car, and make it look like a busted piece of junk because you are afraid of getting pulled over. but whatever floats your boat dude..
Old 01-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #24
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
regression...
Old 01-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #25
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Wow. Going back to stock = "busted piece of junk"?

I guess aero makes or breaks a car these days.. LOL--Maybe if it was the chuki front, you wouldn't be getting as much shit for that.

Anyway, nice job on the sleeper status. Doesn't look trashed like it's lived its life on the track, nor does it look like a pimped out attention whore for hard parking.

Also, not too many guys going with grip setups, so props for that too!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #26
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflip69 View Post
Wow. Going back to stock = "busted piece of junk"?

I guess aero makes or breaks a car these days.. LOL--Maybe if it was the chuki front, you wouldn't be getting as much shit for that.
that's what happens when all the 240 "enthusiasts" are in california
Old 01-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #27
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
I live nowhere near California and the first setup is definitely better.

Lower, some spacers and call it a day.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:16 PM   #28
White Comet
Zilvia Junkie

White Comet is making a name for him/her selfWhite Comet is making a name for him/her self
rofl i don't see at all how the new look looks like a piece of junk. it looks like a CLEAN stock s13, but if you prefer bad fitting kits and dented fenders be my guest.

op- good call on using a txs mbc for now. thats what my brother used on my sw20 and it worked fine. when you actually get a god ebc though, it's like night and day compared to the profec b
Old 01-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #29
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
I think it looks like shit.

Nasty fitment.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #30
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Comet View Post
if you prefer bad fitting kits and dented fenders be my guest.

I am going to prefer them without your permission anyway.