Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #31
iVanRoz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
iVanRoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm poor and I'm tired of my car looking like my silverado in ride height so I might pick these up. Wish me luck haha
iVanRoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #32
Banker

Trader Rating: (0)
Banker is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Croustibat stfu, if you're so dead set on getting expensive coilovers I would assume that you would stay 10ft from these emusa coilovers... So why even post anything? I assume you don't have them.

I installed these on my s14 august of this year. So far they holding up great. No tracking done, just daily driving which is the reason I bought them for. I was going to buy fortune auto 500, but took a chance on these because I'm not going to be using them to the full potential. just normal daily driving.

They do lower the s14 pretty low and I still have a lot of room to lower them. I have no space in my wheel well (tuck my wheels). It's only been like 2 months since I've had these but thats long enough to recommend them.

also I heard these can be rebuilt with megan parts if need be...
Banker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #33
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
It's good info nonetheless....

You'll have folks that think that you can throw any coils on and barrel into corners....call it drifing/touge...

When I approached coils as a mod...I thought I did an alright job with researching. I brought Stance GR+PRO w/SSD. I've since done countless mountain runs on various tire brands. I'd say that my car handles great for the mountains I frequent.

Now the autoX/road course guys will die by there 2k + coils, and say my car is retarded. Not ever car is set up for cone after cone of flat surface. I wish I could have them drive my car. Any car for that matter on coils under 2k. I say it's all on how you set it up(various), and the way you drive it.

Quality is a big part of this, seeing I've seen coil sub 1k blow rather quickly when slammed, and pushed to the limits on the street.
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #34
Ikera

Ikera is an unknown quantity at this point
Installed these things on my car, only drove around for about 3 months, 6000kms
handles a lot better than KYB on lowered springs, the ride is a little more harsh of course feeling every bump.

The rear doesn't go very low, the shock simply does not go any deeper into the mount in the back.
The front mounts, I noticed the bolt holes are bigger than the stock bolts, not elongated bolt hole for camber adjustment, but just in general bigger. not sure if it's a big deal. I just tighten them really hard to make sure the mounts don't get shifted from it's original place off setting alignment.
Top Camber plate bolts are kinda weak, I was tightening a nut and I think I might have stripped the bolt. And that was with a short 10" ratchet.

That's it for now, here are some pics

Max low in the rear

Last edited by Ikera; 10-23-2013 at 11:32 AM..
Ikera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #35
xawax
Leaky Injector

xawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the rough
Wink

I was going to do a review of these after I rode on them for a while. Since this is here, I will add to it. Keep in mind, I am noob and not experienced with any real quality coilover system on the S13. I have only Koni Damper/Matched Spring combo to compare to.

Product: EMUSA dampening adjustable coilover kit for S13 $550 Shipped

Time of review: 6 months after first install.

Driver/Purpose: Street use, daily driver, adjustability enough to lower, but not slam. To not invest $$$$ into coilovers that will require rebuilding because of terrible/abusive local road conditions for which most coilovers weren't designed to handle.

Vehicle Info: All bushings either poly or pillowball, stock configuration LCA's and spindles. SR PoWAAA!! Rides on stock size 15"s and 17"s with 225/45's

Service: When I installed them, upon initial dampening adjustment, one adjustment screw just turned and turned and turned. I was unable to get a start point and end point. It was like something was broke inside.

EMUSA had great communication and sent me out a new single front coilover. They don't usually do this, they said, but went ahead and did it for me. (Initially, they wanted me to remove the entire kit from the car and send it back as a whole.) I was able to drive my car around while waiting for the new coilover. When it arrived promply, I swapped it out and then sent the "broken" one back, postage paid by EMUSA. Very pleased.

Performance: The quality is not the greatest in the materials used. The tophats, as mentioned before, are cheap in feel and the screws for the adjustment at the top don't thread in nice and smooth and I feared stripping them during install. With that said, none of them stripped.

My 17 x 8.5 offset 25 wheels in the front rubbed the rubber spring seat/gasket, but never touched. I didn't even notice till a much later inspection and added a 3mm spacer to give me some more clearance.

The springs "feel" on the soft side, 8k F / 6k R is standard issue I believe. Even with the upgraded sway bars I have and poly bushings, I still experience farily extensive body roll. I am pretty low and don't have roll correction! They soak up bumps very well and I feel more secure, less skipping around, than I did on AGX/TIEN combo. Otherwise, the handling seems good for daily and spirited driving purposes. The body is controlled acceptably and since the spring rates are what they are, the rest of the suspension is allowed to work and stroke well under most conditions. They almost feel like spring/shock combo, other than the usual rear end buck on large bumps that seems unavoidable when you have anything other than spring/shock combo. All and all, very pleased with the ride and handling. Also, no compaints during the girlfriend test.

Conclusion: Amazing value and bang for buck coilover. "USA-made" product that is domestically rebuildable or damper replaceable. I am still waiting for them to blow any day. The thing is, when they do, I will give no FUKK, cause they are so cheap and I'll just grab a new damper from EMUSA and freshen it up.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #36
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
^^^ good honest review, but they are actually not made in the states, just distributed out of Indiana.
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #37
xawax
Leaky Injector

xawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the rough
Thanks, and understood, that is why I put them it in quotes.

I work in marketing actually, I am quite familiar with the "USA Made" marketing campaign. Hehe They most likely buy the parts from all over the world and do some mild assembly in Indiana and throw a paint job on em. Standard procedure now-a-days.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #38
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Most likely. Andy actually visited EMUSA once when business brought him to Indianapolis and he told me that he was actually quite surprised when he got there. He said the guys were really cool, its not open to the public but there is a fully functional shop and dyno mostly for working on the employees cars and testing their products. He said there were nice cars in there. And that even though they sell Chinese and Taiwanese parts at a low price that you can tell that they do actually care that there needs to be a certain quality to the parts in order to have their name on them.

I aint mad at em, just some Americans trying to help out some Americans with lower cost parts while making a buck. People using where parts are made as a reason not to buy them need to remember their greddy stuff is coming from china too.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:21 AM   #39
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
[...]you can tell that they do actually care that there needs to be a certain quality to the parts in order to have their name on them.
Actually that is a load of bull. I bought a full set of rose jointed arms for my S13 from them. Package was terrible and i mean it...

But then the quality of the stuff ?
1/ the alloy is shit. It is supposed to be metal, but it feels like cheese... and it IS heavy. Machinist has never seen that. Easier to cut than low grade aluminium.
2/Threads : There was paint ON THE THREADS And they had so much play in them i had a machinist redo them.
3/ LCA "studs" coming into spindles. They dont have the correct taper !!!!
4/ Welds. Even when i started welding, i made better welds ...had to redo them too.
5/ tolerances. I had to redo every damn misalignment spacer, because none of them was ROUND. And none of them had any tightness in them. And they were made of "cheese metal" too .

So please dont even talk about the quality standards of EMUSA... I think it would have cost me less to have a fabricator make these arms ...
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #40
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
Actually that is a load of bull. I bought a full set of rose jointed arms for my S13 from them. Package was terrible and i mean it...

1/ the alloy is shit. It is supposed to be metal, but it feels like cheese... and it IS heavy. Machinist has never seen that. Easier to cut than low grade aluminium.
2/Threads : There was paint ON THE THREADS And they had so much play in them i had a machinist redo them.
4/ Welds. Even when i started welding, i made better welds ...had to redo them too.
5/ tolerances. I had to redo every damn misalignment spacer, because none of them was ROUND. And none of them had any tightness in them. And they were made of "cheese metal" too .

So please dont even talk about the quality standards of EMUSA... I think it would have cost me less to have a fabricator make these arms ...
You sure do make yourself look dumb. They do sell cheap stuff and its apparent. It is in no way to be compared to top of the line stuff.

You try to discount an dis credit what was found when actually visiting their facility by the fact that you received a part that didnt meet your standards. You assume their quality control is the worst because
1 the package that was shipped overseas to you in France and was probably screwed up by your own postal service.

2 They felt like they were made out of heavy cheese instead of light metal, whatever that means

3 there was PAINT ON THE THREADS. When you put something in bold IT DONT MAKE IT A BIGGER DEAL.

Your posts just make you sound like a whiner. I dont have any of my own emusa parts, ive seen them and I personally expect more out of my parts. Spend the money or quit bitching all the time. Their stuff is ok for what it is. I would purchase it before I purchased complete random ebay stuff with no name on it.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #41
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
After sifting through the rubbish and pussy bleeding this turned out to be a pretty helpful review and didn't discount me from considering either emotor coilover model on my own car.... Fortune auto also offers rebuild services for coilovers...even if they are not their own brand. $450-550 for an entry level starter kit is balls cheap given they have alot of potential to grow with your driving skills.

Quote:

I think i WILL talk about the quality standards of emusa. In fact, i'm going to stand behind them right now with MY control arms i got from them. (had to correct myself because i was calling them godspeeds. However they are not sold through godspeed/fatboy garage but emotor/emusa and that's who i dealt with on the phone and the name on my receipt and ebay account/paypal.)

I had an issue with their tension rod through bolt spacer thingies not lining up on one arm because the hole was misdrilled. Corrected it myself in about 5 minutes.... The taper on the knuckle shank can also be corrected fairly easy. You can chuck the thing in a damn drill press or small lathe and handle it yourself. My taper was off. I still feel i got more than what i paid for! That's probably because i'm not a fucking retard expecting fine wine on a pabst blue ribbon budget.

1 day After i placed my order for my arms via their ebay store (EMOTOR) they called me on the phone PERSONALLY and asked if it was ok to substitute colors since they were out of stock in red. They were REAL nice about it too. Like so nice you just want to hug them through the phone and even asked to be reassured if i was fine with the substitute. If they didn't give a shit they would have just sent me whatever and left me dead in the water if i didn't have the tooling and resources to fix a few minor defects on my own. They do have a return policy, especially if it's something wrong on their end of things. I chose not to be lazy and fixed my own.

You are a crybaby. Can afford the "right" coilovers yet bitch about trying to cheap out on arms and "having" to put a little elbow grease in. Elbow grease that was YOUR choice. You could have just called them up, explained what was going on with them like a mature adult and sent them back....but now here you are bitching thinking they dont care about their target market that keeps their business afloat. I damn sure wouldn't care after reading your post. I'd be enjoying how delicious your tears are after you voided any chance of a warranty/help.

Back on track....

If anyone DOES track these coilovers and has ran them to fail point? Can you analyze what the cause was like a mature adult?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:10 AM   #42
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
You sure do make yourself look dumb. They do sell cheap stuff and its apparent. It is in no way to be compared to top of the line stuff.

You try to discount an dis credit what was found when actually visiting their facility by the fact that you received a part that didnt meet your standards. You assume their quality control is the worst because
1 the package that was shipped overseas to you in France and was probably screwed up by your own postal service.

2 They felt like they were made out of heavy cheese instead of light metal, whatever that means

3 there was PAINT ON THE THREADS. When you put something in bold IT DONT MAKE IT A BIGGER DEAL.

Your posts just make you sound like a whiner. I dont have any of my own emusa parts, ive seen them and I personally expect more out of my parts. Spend the money or quit bitching all the time. Their stuff is ok for what it is. I would purchase it before I purchased complete random ebay stuff with no name on it.
So basically, EMUSA screwed me up because i had no way to come and see them ?

You know, this is not the first time i buy something acrosse the world. The package was just a thin box, parts were just piled up separated by a piece of paper, not even cardbox. That damn package wheighted 40lbs !

This is not about delivery, this is about packaging things correctly. Last time i bought control arms, they came in 2 separate packages, each arm pair being in its own little box, and each arm bubble wrapped.

THAT is packaging, and THAT is what i am supposed to get on an oversea package that is worth the 100+$ they charged for shipping, so yes i feel screwed up. Who wouldn't ?

I did not just buy a pair, i bought the full arm set. Every suspension arm, for an S13. And i had to redo all of them, except the rear traction rods (still had to make new misalignment spacers for every arm ...)

The difference between the coilovers here and the build quality of these arms is simple :
while the coilovers are not made to make a car handle, they still do the job, and you can still drive your car safely as long as you dont try to push it hard.

The build quality of these arms are simply dangerous. That is not nitpicking, and i really dont care what you have been told at the factory; i just could not believe what i got. The metal being poor and heavy ? That is what i am supposed to get with a price tag like that, and it still will be stronger than the OEM stamped metal sheets, so i am ok with that.

but everything else ? They make these arms dangerous. A car with these things installed on is just dangerous. Play in the threads and poor non penetrating welds means they will break when loaded. Wrong taper means the knucle has nearly no contact with the stud, meaning it will brreak when loaded again. That is just NOT acceptable. Oval misalignment spacers with too much clearance means there will be play in the suspension, meaning the car will be all over the road.

And it makes me a whiner ? It makes me look dumb ? Seriously, how much are you paid by these guys to even write they have quality standards ?

You do really think this kind of build quality is "acceptable" ? They should not even be allowed to sell these ! I really hope someone sue them for that.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:17 AM   #43
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPistons! View Post
You could have just called them up, explained what was going on with them like a mature adult and sent them back....but now here you are bitching thinking they dont care about their target market that keeps their business afloat. I damn sure wouldn't care after reading your post. I'd be enjoying how delicious your tears are after you voided any chance of a warranty/help.
Your post was of course reported for calling me a fucking retard.

BTW yes of course, i could have just done that, repackaging that thing, spending 100+€ to send them back, and then ... wait for something to happen ? Riiiiight.

That was not ONE part that had a problem. 12 arms, 24 misalignment spacers, 4 studs . Only 2 arms where good. I totally understand sometimes there is a glitch, but with that many failed parts, i cant see how it was unintentional.

Sure
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #44
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Your either trolling or dont understand English. Maybe a french forum would be better suited for you because half of the crap that you addressed in your last 2 posts have already been addressed or your question dont make sense.

Maybe a distributor in your own country would be smarter for you next time so you dont have to send stuff back to the US. You should have remembered that you do not work for the warrenty department for emusa when you went for your tools and grabbed the phone instead.
Sure AVP sells emusa stuff but mostly just locally or when emailed about it. I dont own AVP, I dont get paid by AVP, Im pretty much detached legally and financially although I do help out because Andy is one of my best friends and he owns it. I tune and am paid by the customer. I could care less if people buy anything from emusa but when someone as dumb as you comes along spreading the bad word about their product for dumb reasons I will take a stand.

Your problem would not be a problem for most people this site because they could have exchanged the parts.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #45
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Your either trolling or dont understand English. Maybe a french forum would be better suited for you because half of the crap that you addressed in your last 2 posts have already been addressed or your question dont make sense.
i dont have question; i have facts. Emusa sent me poorly packaged dangerous crap and charged a total of 650$ for it. They may be your friends, it does not change the fact that they sold me the shittiest products i have ever seen for an S13.

Quote:
Maybe a distributor in your own country would be smarter for you next time so you dont have to send stuff back to the US. You should have remembered that you do not work for the warrenty department for emusa when you went for your tools and grabbed the phone instead.
There are no distributors of these products in France. But some sells the same shit, at twice the price, and dont want to hear about "warranty", so either way i am screwed.

Last time i sent back a known defective product to the US, i never saw my money OR product back. That was not with EMUSA, but i was not taking the risk again.

But sure, tell me what would have been their reaction ? "Sorry we sold you the worst piece of shit we have ever made, we are going to replace it" ? Wake up neo ! This does not happen in the world i live. Maybe you would not get such a bad batch, because they know you can send it back. They also know i cant.

Quote:
Sure AVP sells emusa stuff but mostly just locally or when emailed about it. I dont own AVP, I dont get paid by AVP, Im pretty much detached legally and financially although I do help out because Andy is one of my best friends and he owns it. I tune and am paid by the customer. I could care less if people buy anything from emusa but when someone as dumb as you comes along spreading the bad word about their product for dumb reasons I will take a stand.

Your problem would not be a problem for most people this site because they could have exchanged the parts.
There we go, "he is a friend so i will insult people who spread the bad word against him, because he cant be wrong".

If he does not want people to tell EMUSA sells junk, then he should either have better quality standards or stop selling that.

Now tell me something. I pointed how bad and dangerous these components are. What is your answer to that ? You "visited the facility" ? That is how you know they are good parts ? Did you use any sort of caliper to check for tolerances and roundness ? Surely not. Did you X-ray the welds ? Again, no.

What you did was take a tour around. I am sorry for you kid, but that is not what quality checking is about.

One last thing : these parts are sold as boltons. They clearly arent.

And yes, as soon as the rose joints are dead, i will make my own arms. From actual metal, not cheese ...
Old 10-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #46
slw240sx
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
slw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant futureslw240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slw240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by xawax View Post
Thanks, and understood, that is why I put them it in quotes.

I work in marketing actually, I am quite familiar with the "USA Made" marketing campaign. Hehe They most likely buy the parts from all over the world and do some mild assembly in Indiana and throw a paint job on em. Standard procedure now-a-days.
they are not at all assembled there. I have been there a few times myself. its a warehouse. they receive containers from china and sit boxes of them on pallet racking then ship out the boxes of parts when orders come in.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #47
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Once again, I didnt go there, Andy did. He was invited to hang out. He was there on other business. Your bad review has mostly to do with how you didnt want to warrenty something because your in france and that dont pertain to people that live here in the states.

Everything else you keep taking out of context toward me. Im done with you. Buy big name stuff since your tastes seem to be much more for that kind of thing, hell thats what I do. Quickly youll find that shit aint perfect either.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #48
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Your post was of course reported for calling me a fucking retard.

BTW yes of course, i could have just done that, repackaging that thing, spending 100+€ to send them back, and then ... wait for something to happen ? Riiiiight.

That was not ONE part that had a problem. 12 arms, 24 misalignment spacers, 4 studs . Only 2 arms where good. I totally understand sometimes there is a glitch, but with that many failed parts, i cant see how it was unintentional.

Sure
Is it me or he's the only one in the world who had redrilled and blah blah blah?

You sure you weren't putting the driver side on the passenger side and vise versa?

Why are you crying about boxes? That gets thrown out no? How damaged were the parts from not being packed separately?

I want to see pics too, if you had so many problems with every item then I would've taken pics of everything

Do you even really own any of the said parts? Or just a fanboy putting people down?
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 AM   #49
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Once again, I didnt go there, Andy did. He was invited to hang out. He was there on other business. Your bad review has mostly to do with how you didnt want to warrenty something because your in france and that dont pertain to people that live here in the states.

Everything else you keep taking out of context toward me. Im done with you. Buy big name stuff since your tastes seem to be much more for that kind of thing, hell thats what I do. Quickly youll find that shit aint perfect either.
My bad review is based purely on facts. Not on impressions. You, andy, it does not matter. "Someone" said "quality is good because i went to the factory", and i say quality is the worst i have ever seen on my batch", and i list everything that was not correct.

If they had quality checks, this batch would have gone straight to the bin; or it might have been put aside to be sent to someone that would not send it back. Either way, that is LAME.

So i will say it once again: buying cheap control arms means they may have a bit of work to do on them, they may be heavier, they may have a poor finish. I am totally prepared to get that when buying cheap. Even that cheese metal, i am somewhat ok to get that for that price. But i am not ok with non penetrating welds, oval misalignment spacers, wrong taper nor that much play in threads. That is just not acceptable.

What i am not prepared to do is having to work on nearly every part that was in the box to get something that is not dangerous to install. Being in France does not change that. Unless that is just xenophobic talk, which would not surprise me that much either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin_707 View Post
Is it me or he's the only one in the world who had redrilled and blah blah blah? [...]
It is just you, now you can keep your gibberish to yourself. There is someone else on this very thread that had the same kind of problem, and you can also see the same happening to people on every thread that takes handling seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin_707 View Post
Do you even really own any of the said parts? Or just a fanboy putting people down?
Oh my ... fanboy ? Fanboy of what ?

I am not even going to post pics of my s13, because your next post is going to be "these are not pics from your car" or another stupid answer. How about you come and see for yourself ? My car is currently at my tuners (getting new injectors and manifold and cant be bothered to do it myself), want the address ? Better then, i will even give my order number and the date, will that "prove things enough and shut your mouth ?

It really looks like i have not made myself clear ...

The coilovers they sell, while they are clearly not up to the job damping /rebound wise, are constructed well enough. They do the job, and while they sure wont give the handling you get from mid /high priced coilovers, they still do the job.

On the other hand, there are their suspension arms. These are simply dangerous to fit, because the build quality is terrible. any business man in his right mind would have binned what i was sold. There is no way to keep this silent, really. These parts are just not up to the job, they are dangerous.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #50
ttLOVEjh s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ttLOVEjh s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ttLOVEjh s13
Aight I think Im getting these Emusa coil as My DD....
Old 12-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #51
Daviticus

Daviticus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The coilovers they sell, while they are clearly not up to the job damping /rebound wise, are constructed well enough. They do the job, and while they sure wont give the handling you get from mid /high priced coilovers, they still do the job.
This is all you needed to say. As this is a "coilover review" and not a "suspension arm review", the information you provided about the arms is null and void for this topic of discussion. You are more than welcome to voice your displeasure about the products that weren't up to your expectations, but please only do so if it pertains to this thread. Harsh generalizations of all products based on the failures of few is brash and reckless.

That being said, while I probably won't be picking up EMUSA coils anytime soon, there is a possibility I may be getting CXRacing coils [may as well be the same thing with different paint] relatively soon. Seems like I may just have to get them, drive hard on them for a few months, buy used Teins, and used K-Sports, then do some skidpad testing in addition to driver reviews. THAT, would be information well-needed for those that want to turn or slide on a budget.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #52
motteramm
Leaky Injector

motteramm is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
OP are the coils blown now?
UPDATE!!

These are still functioning fine and have not blown or had any leaks. As others have stated before and now after running them for over a year my only two complaints are the ride quality. Its not the greatest but not back breaking. Also the rear don't go as low as i would like but other than that they still do the job. I have done at least 6 events on these and they still feel fine.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #53
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Good update!

If it works it works...
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #54
limited240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
limited240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Update now!! Haha
Old 11-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #55
Livid_240sx
Leaky Injector

Livid_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Update

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #56
Banker

My emusa coilovers still going strong had them on for a year and 4 months now. Daily driven s14. you can lower your car to the floor (or pretty close to it) with these by the way, if anyone cares about the drop part.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #57
Livid_240sx
Leaky Injector

Never heard of this brand really before stumbling across this thread, what is the part number and do you know if it's applicable to a s13?

Old 11-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #58
Banker

yeah they make them for s13 also. Don't know the part number just their basic coilovers (non-dampening adjustable) is what I have.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #59
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livid_240sx View Post
Never heard of this brand really before stumbling across this thread, what is the part number and do you know if it's applicable to a s13?

Go to eBay, search s13 coilover, there they are.

Cheap coilovers with drop for days, consider raceland.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #60
Livid_240sx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Go to eBay, search s13 coilover, there they are.

Cheap coilovers with drop for days, consider raceland.
Not sold on Raceland yet. What got me about these as I read about them is the price and how they're basically a Megan set up.

I also don't always trust ebay 100%. Rather buy direct or have a part number to enter into ebay. You know? Been sold knock offs and burned before.