Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-03-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
oDiAMONDo

Trader Rating: (0)
oDiAMONDo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post How did or do you guys decide between cars?

Recently have been searching for a new car and out of a few options a 240sx has been one of them, I just have a hard time trying to decide between cars and wanted to ask you guys what helped you decide on a car to buy?
oDiAMONDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2018, 09:02 PM   #2
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
no rust and not someone elses project
oLemurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:57 AM   #3
drfftn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Easy to work on, parts are plentifull, and and rwd.

Last edited by drfftn; 08-05-2018 at 03:16 PM..
drfftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:17 AM   #4
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Do you want a never ending project that will always bring self hatred? buy a 240.

If you don't, buy something else.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:19 AM   #5
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Do you want a never ending project that will always bring self hatred? buy a 240.

If you don't, buy something else.
QFT
Old 08-05-2018, 12:44 PM   #6
RedRedWine
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (26)
RedRedWine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
It depends on what are my intentions with the car. How much work or money do I want to put into the project. For me I don't mind picking up some one else's project as long as it has all the parts I want and just requires my time to get it running again. Or you could pick up a running car in great condition but expect to pay with alot of cash.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
RedRedWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:30 PM   #7
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I have something for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Antiques that I can keep clean and running well? Yes please! I put a hundred solid hours into it, and that is worth more to me than the car, I absolutely can't wait to drive when I wake up, and it puts a huge smile on my face every single day.

random Reasons why the 240sx is great:
Rear wheel drive
reliable performance drivetrain options (2jz, sr, rb, lsx)
easy to work on, good for beginners
many of the OEM parts are performance parts
appreciates in value, diminishing quantity makes it rare
handles remarkably well with very little effort
low weight (2800lbs~) is desirable for fuel economy
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 04:21 PM   #8
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
That's a pretty loaded question asking why is the 240SX better than the other cars you're considering, especially when you didn't even list your other options...

But I'll take a shot.

240SX's are good at everything: as a daily or showcar, or for motorsports like time attack, road racing, drifting, rally and drag racing.

They accept pretty much any engine swap.

They're pretty well designed and built, they're simple, reliable, and easy to work on, there are tons of interchangeable parts from other Nissans, and there's a huge amount of aftermarket support even 20+ years later.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:04 PM   #9
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Diamond the main threat is rust. U have to factor in what you are willing to replace or rebuild. Some projects will come with the engine you want for example but you'll need to source interior bits so it just depends on what effort level you are in for.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:10 AM   #10
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
14 years ago I wanted a 98 w/ 5spd and that's what I still have today. The s13s and zenki s14s were much older and more worn out where a kouki was still a fairly new car.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:08 PM   #11
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
First things first, determine what you're going to be building the car to do.
Then figure out a realistic budget to reach your goals.
240sx was a fantastic budget friendly option 15 years ago.
But now, there are tons of options that require less work.
Get a 240 if you really rally want one, but it's gonna take a whole lot to get me back into this platform.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:13 PM   #12
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
hey guys can you spoon feed me? thx
Old 08-06-2018, 05:13 PM   #13
reallygood101
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
reallygood101 will become famous soon enoughreallygood101 will become famous soon enoughreallygood101 will become famous soon enoughreallygood101 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawLui View Post
hey guys can you spoon feed me? thx
This comment doesn’t make sense in this situation/thread
reallygood101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:20 PM   #14
S13E
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
S13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
why I got a 240

So I bought my first 89 Zenki Hatchback back in 1998 with 105k miles for $4000. Did my SR Swap in 2001. By 2006, I was feeling like I was done with the 240 and it just sat around. 2008 it was stolen and found 3 days later fully stripped apart and at this point, I had already switched over to the Subaru platform. I never ever had any intentions to buy a 240 ever again. In 2015-2017, I was cleaning out old storage of S13 body parts, suspension, motor parts, ect not knowing nor following the rise of cost for 240 parts to near crack prices... I gave most of my 240 parts away free.

A month ago, I stumbled across a full bone stock S13 automatic with 81k on chassis and motor for $900.... ....so here I am again.
S13E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:46 PM   #15
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Deciding factors for me have changed over the years. First car was a 240sx(in 2011), of course it was the car I always wanted and it was a lot of fun. Weird thing is the more I modified it, the less I drove it. As a daily it is not feasible. Solely depends on your situation, such a vague statement its hard to give an answer.

Personally, out of 10+ cars I have owned, my Subaru wagons have been my favorite and I will always have one in my possession as long as I am able.

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:18 PM   #16
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I followed to many other peoples dreams through Hondas 240s toyotas built my own hybrid mazda Nissan combo that was waaaaay out of my driving capability and am in my own Subaru sti that I love to drive and enjoy! basically I spent about the last 15 ish years driving to may cars and wasting over 100k to find I like subarus lol...to each their own tho! I did like my 240s Hondas and all the rest but they didn't quite hit the spot in one way or the other as I'm sure many other drivers/enthusiasts here will likely comment similarly
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #17
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
For me when I pick a car to build and keep forever I see how it makes me feel. Have you ever had a chick that just made you feel butterflies in your stomach? Or make you lose your breath or make your heart skip? Or made you super aroused lol? I feel the same exact way with a car. I'll find a specific car I want and have the chance to get it, I then picture it done in my head. When I picture the car completed in my head...it's like picturing a chick you really like naked lol. I don't think I'll ever be able to afford a MKIV Supra, a Hakosuka GTR, or a R34 Skyline. For me those cars are like famous hot super models haha.
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote