Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:33 AM   #241
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow thats good info, thanks. My Silvia came with the CA (1988) so thats what I am rocking for now.
codyzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2015, 05:47 AM   #242
Aesthetics45
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Aesthetics45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone rocking a t28 as well as a partsbymax cobra downpipe with your ca18??
Aesthetics45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:34 PM   #243
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Someone on the CA18DET Enthusiasts group on Facebook said that they are using the PBM downpipe with a T28 on their CA and they said no problem. I will possibly be ordering one myself if the current screamer and downpipe I have now won't work.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #244
purplove
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
purplove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
First off, I'd like to say that I had no clue there was a ca18 dedicated fb page lol. Second, I highly doubt it'll fit right. It all comes down to which manifold your using. I'm running the ssac manifold and it lowers the position of the turbo quite a bit. What I ended up doing, and what I recommend anyone trying to run a similar setup to do is to simply cut off the 3 bolt flange on both the down pipe and elbow and switch to a v band. I'm using a ISR 3" elbow and a Trust/Greddy down pipe. I cut a little over an inch off of the downpipe before welding on the v-band flange. Then I added a flex section on the downpipe to allow for a little movement. My downpipe is even with the frame rail and is not in a stressed position. With the stock manifold I had issues with my downpipe hitting the frame rail, the v-band would work great for this to cus you could loosen the nut and twist the downpipe to the position that works for you. If anyone needs pics I can provide them upon request, happy CA tuning
purplove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #245
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Anyone here run into issues with a T28 touching the bottom of the factory manifold? I haven't clocked it yet but it appears to me that it will still touch even when I clock it.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:23 PM   #246
blankman1991
Leaky Injector

blankman1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
ca18 air conditioning

hey I'm trying to see if AC can be hooked up in a CA swapped s13. I'm sure it can be done but does anyone know what compressor I can use along with belt and lines?
blankman1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:03 PM   #247
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankman1991 View Post
hey I'm trying to see if AC can be hooked up in a CA swapped s13. I'm sure it can be done but does anyone know what compressor I can use along with belt and lines?
Super late on this, but I have been told SR20 AC compressor is same as CA18 (highly doubt it.) You can use usdm 240sx lines. If car is rhd then obviously will need rhd condenser, lines, etc.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:16 AM   #248
thebestasbestos

thebestasbestos is an unknown quantity at this point
I see this thread hasn't been active in a while, but I have a 1990 CA18DET that I'm working on, and I wanna say thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!
thebestasbestos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 09:26 AM   #249
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if anyone has figured out the A/C problem. The CA18 OEM compressor has the lines in the same config as KA24DE or SR compressors, but the compressor mounts in the same style as the KA24E or RB, two bolts from the bottom + one long bolt from the front, instead of four bolts from the side like the KA24DE and SR. So it's an oddball of a compressor.

If your CA still has the compressor on it, it should work with KA24DE A/C lines, but it's a 30 year old R12 compressor. I suspect if you tried to use a KA24E compressor, even if the pulley lined up (I don't think it will, but you might be able to swap over the clutch/pulley assembly), the KA24E lines might hit the CA power steering pump.

Edit: did some more looking and I think there's some chance the KA24E compressor and lines might work with a pulley swap. The line config is the same as the RB and the RB has the PS pump in the same place as the CA. Maybe also try a newer KA24E compressor for a late model D21.

I also think the Z32 compressor is a good candidate for a direct swap or again maybe with a pulley swap. VG30E '89-'94 Maxima compressors also look close though the pulley spacing is definitely different.

Last edited by AKADriver; 10-21-2022 at 08:01 AM..
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote