Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-29-2016, 06:26 PM   #91
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ugh. That dude gives me the creeps. Looks like he'd be the personal space invader at the gym.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2016, 08:50 PM   #92
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
this dip looks about the quality yours does, in these pics i see awful orange peel a ton of dry spots and im sure if i saw it in real life id see runs
Your head is so far up your own ass you're re-eating your own food.

You can't see shit in those pictures, especially not a "ton" of dry spots.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:54 PM   #93
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
That is a sick dip. Nice.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:24 PM   #94
evomike
Zilvia Member

evomike is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Your head is so far up your own ass you're re-eating your own food.

You can't see shit in those pictures, especially not a "ton" of dry spots.
You 100% can see quality imperfections in this photo, just because you can't pick it up doesn't mean I can't. I've been in the body shop business for 18 years spotting shit paint work comes easy. The hood is super perky in the first pic, you can see this when you look at the glare, and the truck is super dry especially around the liscense plate The BMW dip job looks like fucking trash.
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:00 PM   #95
canibeat_morgan

canibeat_morgan is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I guess this is a decent thread to pop my Zilvia cherry with. OP sorry to hear about the shitty experience. At the end of the day this stuff is still the same rubber in a rattle can that you buy at Home Depot, just done with a gun at a shop. As someone who wraps cars for a living I can't begin to tell you how many clients we have taken care of when it comes to stripping Plastidip off their cars and then doing a full color change with vinyl. Yeah, a solid paint job is the way to go, but if you are looking for something that is very damn close to a paint finish if done the right way as well as removable its hard to beat a professional wrap. You live and learn.
canibeat_morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:15 PM   #96
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by economix View Post
Sorry about your experience and the douchers here who missed the point of the post. Thanks for the detailed explanation of issues.
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:44 PM   #97
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
What the fuck is wrong with you guys. Fuckin rednecks. You dont paint a car in a garage, you take it to a body shop. You know, spray booth, employees, filtration systems, etc. You idiots are making suggestions that will continue to make his car worse and worse

Do yourself a favor, consider making life easier on yourself. You already made a bad decision by having this shit-show of a shop spray dip onto your car. Fortunately, that stuff shouldnt be too bad to remove. However, you can make life even easier by getting rid of that silly ass wing and those cheap aftermarket bumper/fenders/hood.

Your lucky that your car is new and parts are readily available. Order a new OEM bumper, fenders, hood, and just ditch all that garbage you've acquired - its not worth a damn anyway, cheapass fiberglass shit. Now you have fresh new body panels that you can repaint. If you want OEM pearl, fine, but at this point you can probably save a few bucks going with a solid white. You dont want to extreme of a color change - you want to stay within the same range of paint as what the car was originally painted. This way, rock chips and other defects wont be so noticeable.

Do yourself a favor and use this as a learning experience of what NOT to do: avoid shitty dip products, avoid shitty shops, and avoid installing cheap ass aftermarket aero. This may come off as harsh but trust me, you need to move past this fast and furious bullshit.
Im just replying to show you what a proper garage set up can result BEFORE any cutting or buffing.

So, kindly piss off.

But I agree, I wouldn't garage-job a 30k 370z.

Last edited by Jorgs_7; 07-15-2016 at 02:42 PM..
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote