Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:51 PM   #1
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Third time's the charm // Canadian BNR32 revival

Hello zilvia,

I thought after 6 years on this forum and seeing most of the local guys getting their stuff together, I'd chime in too. I am a 23 year old student in Toronto, and I simply love Nissans. Skylines specifically...I cannot explain why, but something about owning and driving a right hand drive car just fascinates me. I've watched what the local guys have done for years (Jordie, Martino, Santi, at least the known zilvia users), but have never been in a position to produce a worthwhile build thread. Well nows as good a time as any, so here we go.

First Skyline came into the picture a few months after graduating high school, a 1989 GTS-t Type M sedan. A friend of mine in town (one of probably 5 in my town of 200,000) had hit a tree with it while taking it for a lap around the neighborhood, with no insurance. Thought about fixing it, but knew it wasnt my end goal (more on that later). So I sat on it for a few months while parting it. Wish I'd fixed it, car was completely rust free..

an 18 year old me standing in front of it, the day I bought it. First skyline, a dream come true.

Fast forward a year later to 2011, the sedan was gone and I still had the itch. My absolute dream car was an R32 GT-R. I pooled together the money I had made on the sedan and found a BNR32 6 hours away in Ottawa, ON. The previous owner had dumped an insane amount of money into it, no expense spared. RIPS RB30, top mount twins, caged, brides, TEs, then decided he didnt want it in an R chassis: in swoops yours truly.

I got the car for a decent price, minus wheels, suspension, cage, and motor. I had planned on running it as a stock car just to get me to school.

But, I would work with this car for a while as well before deciding it wasnt for me. Call me a purist, my dream was always a 732 BNR32 (Black pearl metallic). This car was originally TH1 (dark blue) and professionally resprayed satin black. Pair that with being a high mileage chassis and me needing to assemble a motor, I sold the shell.

School happened, life happened. The field of work I am attempting to get into is incredibly competitive, so I left the car stuff behind and busted my ass to prep myself for getting hired. Until a few months ago, a very good friend of mine told me he was selling his BNR32, as he already had another R32 and had just bought a new truck. So on a weeknight in March, another very good friend and I went to look at it.

To be continued..

Old 06-18-2015, 11:02 PM   #2
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
This is not a build? More like a story lol
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:37 AM   #3
DILLONDILLONDILLON!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DILLONDILLONDILLON! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have a feeling this could be going places. give him a minute Future lol
he said third times a charm .. so hopefully we get some more of the story/ build shortly.
Just don't let us down.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:51 AM   #4
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakville View Post
I love this picture. In a world where everyone is trying so hard to be cool and using cars as an accessory to that end, its nice to see some genuine car loving happiness.

Don't ever change money grip.