Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #31
origin_s135
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
origin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damn you got this car for dirt cheap. most kouki's i see in cali got that jdm tyte yo drift tax. haha
Old 12-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #32
yota man
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
yota man is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn man that sucks to hear. I'll be back from school on the 13th, hit me up we need to chill. Oh and F you for not calling me back to check out your new full race stuff. J/K man. But I got mine fixed finally.
yota man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #33
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
great price!!! good luck with the build
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #34
chelosx

chelosx is an unknown quantity at this point
nice s14!!! how much was it!??
chelosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #35
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
read, young one
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #36
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelosx View Post
nice s14!!! how much was it!??
I have a gift for you. . .

I'm already looking for another set of wheels, not fond of what i have, remember the car is going to be daily status for a while so I'm thinking about getting a set of Rota G-Force's just incase I mess them up on a curb or pot hole I won't have that much tied up in them. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what went wrong with the paint (didn't take pics, sorry) it's eatting at me, but I might as well get over it and just move on, buy more paint, wet sand the car all over again, and try over. What sucks is this will be at least my 7th full paint job on a car, and it's the first time I've ever had this problem.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #37
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
after being put on the back burner for a long while, the S14 should be getting re-painted very soon. I don't wanna give an exact date just in case it gets pushed back due to the body shop getting more important (profitable) work coming in

hopefully I'll have something up for you guys in the next couple of weeks.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:55 PM   #38
dz1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
dz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Dam you got a hell of a deal. Good luck with your project.. I like the color keep up the good work.. seems its getting harder to get s14 specially a kouki I got my stock zenki og 5 speed 100K for 4k but worth every penny no regrets
Old 05-31-2010, 01:40 AM   #39
D C

D C is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, it sat waiting for paint for a year and a half?
D C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:41 AM   #40
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
^^ Ah it's a project car...I've heard worse...Good luck with the paint this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #41
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Wow, it sat waiting for paint for a year and a half?
I'm pretty sure it's already been stated, but since you missed it, I didn't have room for the car where I'm living at now. It's been parked at my parents house and that is 2 hours away from me, so needless to say it hasn't been getting any attention up until now. Ease up man, your taking life a little too serious there and this isn't even your car.

ON WITH THE UPDATE!!!!

Charcoal grey metallic is the color of choice. I was kinda hesitant as I hadn't seen a car this color in person, but man it is great! I can't wait to see it in direct sun light! It was raining all day so I just snapped some pics in some horrible indoor light We're painting everything off the car that will come off, it started as you'll see with the fenders, front bumper and side skirts, next time we'll get the doors, trunk, rear bumper and mirrors. ENJOY!!

^ this is before wet sanding and buffing

a Z32 I helped prep was getting ready to be picked up, I had to snap a few quick ones of it too

like a mirror!!!

Hope to get the body of my 14 painted this week sometime, kinda have to work around my job to get this done tho.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:51 PM   #42
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Can't wait to see pics once you get the car put back together and outside, I think that might be the color I want to go with. Or at least something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:13 PM   #43
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
nice, i'm diggin that color-would go nicely with some gold wheels

but get that tranny swap asap!
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:32 PM   #44
dorkjoey240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
dorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dorkjoey240
looks good man i love your paint.
dorkjoey240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #45
Rabboni
Zilvia Member

Rabboni is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
our car prices may suck here in cali, but we still have the hottest women.

I have to agree with you on the beautiful women part, but i picked up my zenki for a grand with a clean title, suspension and a nismo 2 way lsd. Granted, it was in a small accident and needed a few repairs though.

Forgot to tell you good luck with your kouki. Its lookin good.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:27 PM   #46
keeeban
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
keeeban is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
And I thought I got my '96 SE with 120k for $4,000 for a steal. ): Awesome color too, one of my favorites. Can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:19 PM   #47
s142jzkillav10
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
s142jzkillav10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to s142jzkillav10
Welcome to the kouki club broski. The color should realy standout in the sun and will be melow in the shade.

Keep up the grat work. Awsome price btw.
s142jzkillav10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #48
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

it's been raining here for days, so I haven't been able to get a good pic of the panels in the sun light. you'd think it was Seattle with all this rain! i'm very happy to report that the remaining parts and body should be painted on Saturday and should make for really good pics!!!! thanks for the compliments guys!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #49
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
pics man??????
97nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:57 PM   #50
JDMSTYLE
Zilvia Member

JDMSTYLE is an unknown quantity at this point
wow such a cheap kouki. doing a great job keep up the good work!
waiting for some more pictures!
JDMSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #51
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSTYLE View Post
wow such a cheap kouki. doing a great job keep up the good work!
waiting for some more pictures!
should have better quality pics today after work
Old 06-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #52
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

finally got some pics of the paint in natural light today when it wasn't raining, let me know what you guys think!

when the whole car is done and bolted back together we'll be going over it with 1500 or 2000 grit then buffing it out.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #53
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
looks so good!
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #54
cleantune
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
cleantune is on the path to ruincleantune is on the path to ruincleantune is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
lovin that color! the paint looks so smooth too. Great job! keep us updated
cleantune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #55
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Hai you have the same shitty camera I have lol. That color is sick bro, looks awesome. Cant wait to see it put together.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #56
initial_jc
Zilvia Junkie

initial_jc is an unknown quantity at this point
looking good, did you mix the paint yourself?
initial_jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #57
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

the base coat is a dupont brand that finishmaster mixed, the only thing done before spraying it on is mixing the color with a medium reducer. hope that answers your question.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #58
stockbee
Zilvia Member

stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
defintely awesome. I like that you're going about the paint first. I wish I had had the time and the expertise (and the money) to do paint on my car when I got it originally. it's keyed on the sides and on the bumper. and the paint is flaking off the front from where it was painted over.

haha, good luck.
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #59
d-wade
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (17)
d-wade is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Paint looks great. What paint code is on the Z32?
d-wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:46 AM   #60
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

no clue on the color of the Z, the owner of the car took all the left over base coat with him when he picked up the car. I want to say the painter told me it was just a bit darker than the original color with added metallic. I hate I didn't snap any pics of it out in the sunlight before it left, but o well.

For the guys that mentioned the 5 speed swap, I'm down to 3 pieces left, I should have 5 speed pedals next week, then I'm down to the driveshaft and clutch pedal fluid line.

Last edited by onehundredoctane; 06-19-2010 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: spelling