Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:20 AM   #91
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
So I got an SR Nismotronics ecu,

Last edited by KAT-PWR; 01-12-2017 at 07:09 AM..
KAT-PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2016, 08:01 PM   #92
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Damn son I just went through all this. Crazy seeing we pretty much did the same shit going top to bottom lol. I have the ED fenders too (my alignment thread) my tires are just too damn fat for my car. I can't believe I just saw all this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:42 PM   #93
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Getting antsy, waiting on SR harness. Intake is all done. Hoping to roll on the dyno by thanksgiving
Old 10-10-2016, 03:03 PM   #94
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Got my coil pack bracket

Old 10-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #95
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Been working on my wiring harness....

Also made these sheets for connectors/wiring

All references looking into connector, push tab up,, read from left to right.

Last edited by KAT-PWR; 10-23-2016 at 04:22 PM..
Old 11-02-2016, 08:46 AM   #96
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Finally found the right size belt for the sr pullies. Tight fit. Almost done with the harness, intake is done. Should be able to start up with nismotronics very soon

Last edited by KAT-PWR; 11-02-2016 at 09:37 AM..
Old 11-02-2016, 09:05 AM   #97
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Does the SR CAS bolt into the KA head? Or how does that trigger conversion work?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #98
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Does the SR CAS bolt into the KA head? Or how does that trigger conversion work?

Let me tell you it was way harder than expected to find just the disc. Managed to get one for $12. Would've hated to buy a good sr cas just to pull the disc out of rendering the sr cas almost useless for people needing one

Last edited by KAT-PWR; 01-12-2017 at 07:10 AM..
Old 11-02-2016, 01:12 PM   #99
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hmm, kind of surprising since everyone that runs AEM s2 ems uses the AEM trigger disc. Which you probably could have used too if you went that route.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:16 PM   #100
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
thegr8one013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
where did you buy that ka24 to k24 coilpack bracket? and where did you buy the loom for your harness?
thegr8one013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:03 PM   #101
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Hmm, kind of surprising since everyone that runs AEM s2 ems uses the AEM trigger disc. Which you probably could have used too if you went that route.
AEM wheel doesn't work with nismotronics, but yes for AEM it would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8one013 View Post
where did you buy that ka24 to k24 coilpack bracket? and where did you buy the loom for your harness?
Roommate works at a government contracted engine simulator building place, he got it from work.
I bought the bracket from KED-BMX
Old 11-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #102
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Old 11-04-2016, 01:30 AM   #103
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
This guy.....
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:25 PM   #104
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

After a year to find some

Mounted, should have hood on tomorrow
Old 11-12-2016, 08:30 AM   #105
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
You should grind down those welds on the intake manifold. It will look a lot cleaner.

Dyno soon?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:37 AM   #106
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
You should grind down those welds on the intake manifold. It will look a lot cleaner.

Dyno soon?
I may, just got done grinding the inside of the runners yesterday.

I'm currently taking 19 credit hours to finish my bachelors and I live 1:45 away from the car. Harness is about done.Only need to run wiring to the ECU boost solenoid and we'll be ready to get rolling.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #107
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Finals next week, then I'll be home with the car and it will be tune time. My roommate whipped up this cas cover for me to print

Old 12-03-2016, 04:35 PM   #108
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
What uni??
Old 12-03-2016, 06:35 PM   #109
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
What uni??
Central florida, should be going to UF for my DPT If it all pans out
Old 12-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #110
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Last edited by KAT-PWR; 12-23-2016 at 12:00 PM..
Old 12-31-2016, 02:24 AM   #111
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
this motor looks really good.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:17 AM   #112
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Eta on dyno? Lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:12 PM   #113
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Been driving the car everyday. Base map is tits, rich when the meth comes in which is to be expected. Put a thermostat back in it, coolant flush, fixed my fans. Had to replace leaking turbo feed fitting. Car feels really strong and it's only on 12psi spring. Diff is noisy but ohh well.
Played with the idle recovery in the software wow Nismotronics is so easy to use. Going to datalog and adjust tune to minimize Dyno time.

Worried about her mechanics dialed in so the car has been aeroless for now

Old 01-02-2017, 06:28 PM   #114
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
#wannabesr ;-)

Old 01-02-2017, 07:01 PM   #115
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev71893 View Post
#wannabesr ;-)

Better designed SR you mean

Basically I robbed the SR parts that are worthwhile (coilpack capability, pullies, cas, intake manifold, iacv) and scrapped all the bad stuff
Old 01-03-2017, 04:27 PM   #116
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
How do you like the CXracing manifold? I'm looking into using that one as well for my Holset.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:58 PM   #117
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubayati View Post
How do you like the CXracing manifold? I'm looking into using that one as well for my Holset.
It breaks no matter which one you get.
Mine has been completely rewelded and braced
Relief cut the flange
Old 01-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #118
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

200 miles down on the set up. Plugs look good. Car pulls great on 12psi, almost ready to turn it up to 25psi

Did a leak down test for the fuck of it. At least 10k miles boosted so far. 5% on all cylinders. Happy with that.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:16 PM   #119
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Lawd [emoji97][emoji97][emoji97][emoji97]

Old 01-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #120
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Wrecked my bumper on a root in my friends driveway