Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-30-2016, 10:16 AM   #31
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
BadazzSr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Ok so from my understandings from everyone comments is pretty much on the good kits you will only need sanding and trimming. I owned a car where I had to cut the top half of the oem bumpers and cut off the top half of the body kit I bought and merged the oem top to the after market bumper. I don't want to do this again. This is what I'm asking when I ask if they fit?

Will the origin lab stylish line need just some sanding here and there but will fit for the most part or is it going to be a hack job for it to fit? If it's just some sanding here and there to make the body lines line up then that's not to bad. But if u have to start hacking up the kit to fit the lines then that's not what I'm looking for.
BadazzSr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2016, 10:33 AM   #32
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
You probably won't have to re-glass it if it is a quality brand.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:56 AM   #33
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ive had first hand experience with Rocket Bunny composites, as well as Joshua Ramos (or w.e JP fiberglass).

RB overs are TOP notch, gel coated, strong lay ups. I only had to block sand the edges. (550$ for 2 overs)

JP fiberglass... NEVER again will I buy that. The fiberglass was pourus, so many pin holes, required a ton of trimming and blocking from bad cuts, even needed filler in some areas that the layers of fibers delaminated.

I probably spent 6 - 8 hours of true prep time (plus urethane primer) for 2 Navan rep skirts, and 2 Navan rep valances. (280$ for the set)

Hopefully that helps a little bit, but Ive also seen JP fiberglass have good parts to be fair. Its an absolute crap shoot.

Definitely comes down to little to no quality control for the lower budget brands.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:38 PM   #34
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
where do you guys order good quality fiberglass? just wait 9 months or what
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:38 AM   #35
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
red240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMcEvilson View Post
I waited 3 months for my GP Sports kit, but again it was worth it because it fits great and all the lines are crisp and look right.
red240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:48 AM   #36
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMcEvilson View Post
9 no 3-4 yes
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:49 AM   #37
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Not a popular opinion with JDM-purists but my roommate and I just ordered two VIS B-Speed kits and the out of the box fitment was pretty good. I haven't installed mine yet but my roommate did his and it turned out nice.

Front bumper for his sat comfortably on stock silvia crash bumper, skirts were almost perfect but a little on the tight side and the rear needed some heat to remove the slight outward bow. It does have a little rear bumper sag but show me an aftermarket rear bumper that doesn't sag in the middle. The corners of the front bumper are showing hairline cracks already but Richmond streets aren't the best for such a low hanging kit, I feel like this is inevitable regardless of the kit manufacturer. We plan on finding a way to get it to sit closer to OE style gap. I'll post pics when I get around to doing mine (likely not till August or so)
Old 07-01-2016, 09:24 AM   #38
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaddock View Post
Not a popular opinion with JDM-purists but my roommate and I just ordered two VIS B-Speed kits and the out of the box fitment was pretty good. I haven't installed mine yet but my roommate did his and it turned out nice.
Problem with this is consistency. You may have gotten lucky with a new master mold. A handful of kits from VIS and companies like them will always come out great, but there will be a far higher percentage with the expected flaws of a rep and likely also a few that are so fucked you can't even use them.

I've had BN rep skirts before that looked like two guys had tried to twist them up like a candy cane. Fuckin pain in the ass.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:25 AM   #39
red240
Zilvia Junkie

red240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the rough
[QUOTE It does have a little rear bumper sag but show me an aftermarket rear bumper that doesn't sag in the middle. [/QUOTE]

lol my GP Sports doesn't sag, maybe I got a good one but it fits like stock
Had to trim down the foam insert to get it to fit in but it does.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:49 AM   #40
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Problem with this is consistency. You may have gotten lucky with a new master mold. A handful of kits from VIS and companies like them will always come out great, but there will be a far higher percentage with the expected flaws of a rep and likely also a few that are so fucked you can't even use them.
Yeah I believe it, just speaking to my positive experience so far with them. I was skeptical to buy rep fiberglass but it was hard to argue with the price.

Here's a pic of my roommate's car, paint coming soon:

I'll have to take a pic of the rear. It sagged a bit when we were first mocking up but maybe it wasn't as bad as I'm making it out to be.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:51 PM   #41
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
BadazzSr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
So I'm thinking I kinda like the jdm bumper and since I had the usdm for so long maybe it's time for a change? What you guys think this is something kinda like the goals I'm looking to get. It won't be this stance or these wheels but the general idea is for the front clip look.

This pix

Then I seen this pic and I really want to no where can I get that add on lip we see here I seen this on a few jdm bumpers now what lip is this?

I'm worried if I don't slam the car it won't get this aggressive look. I don't plain on slamming it like this maybe the most will be a lower spring up front.
BadazzSr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:07 PM   #42
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I have a friend who recently purchased the aggressive kit (Origin) for his car, and he said that it fit well out of the box. Their stuff has improved a lot. Much better then how DMAX is (now I'd consider it hit or miss depending on the piece in question).

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:42 PM   #43
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
Ive had first hand experience with Rocket Bunny composites, as well as Joshua Ramos (or w.e JP fiberglass).

JP fiberglass... NEVER again will I buy that. The fiberglass was pourus, so many pin holes, required a ton of trimming and blocking from bad cuts, even needed filler in some areas that the layers of fibers delaminated.

I probably spent 6 - 8 hours of true prep time (plus urethane primer) for 2 Navan rep skirts, and 2 Navan rep valances. (280$ for the set)

Hopefully that helps a little bit, but Ive also seen JP fiberglass have good parts to be fair. Its an absolute crap shoot.

Definitely comes down to little to no quality control for the lower budget brands.
Since someone brought up JP Fiberglass, has anyone had any experience with their BN Type II Replica kit? I have a smashed authentic kit sitting in storage but would honestly rather just spend $800 on the JP rep then deal with the hassle of repairing it if someone can verify that the fitment with the JP kit is reasonably close.

To add to the conversation I've owned/installed kits from Origin, Version Select, and Shine Auto. The Origin Kit fit pretty bad IMO (not horrible but for what it cost I expected better), Version Select was pretty decent but the Shine kit is far and away the best I've ever dealt with. Fitment was spot on and whatever flex agent Shine makes their kits with is tits, I can literally fold the side skirt in half and it wont break.

I've also purchased OEM replica skirts and valences from Dorki Dori and Forcewerkz. Skirts from both fit well, the Forcewerkz Type X Valances that I got do the job but fit and look so-so.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #44
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I have a friend who recently purchased the aggressive kit (Origin) for his car, and he said that it fit well out of the box. Their stuff has improved a lot. Much better then how DMAX is (now I'd consider it hit or miss depending on the piece in question).
uh-oh. do you have recent experience with dmax?

i'm local to dmax usa (frsport), and have been waiting for their container to arrive.

side note:

i bought an extreme dimensions navan bumper a couple weeks ago, with plans to cut up and do a few modifications that i couldn't bring myself to do to an oem bumper. However, i couldn't even get the bumper on the car. it was so warped and brittle, it cracked a little bit when i tried to just line it up. the sides of the bumper were so wide it wasn't even close. they were very good about taking it back though. i wouldn't recommend extreme dimensions, but paul martin was a good guy so if you're a gambler, go through him at ED.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:01 AM   #45
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
uh-oh. do you have recent experience with dmax?

i'm local to dmax usa (frsport), and have been waiting for their container to arrive.

Nothing recently but last year my friend imported a kit and hood. The hood fitment was off, but the kit fit well out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:20 AM   #46
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post

but the kit fit well out of the box.

sigh of relief

fingers crossed the overfenders fit well
Old 07-14-2016, 10:34 AM   #47
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
sigh of relief

fingers crossed the overfenders fit well
My DMax hood fit bad, took a lot of work to make it look good :P
Old 07-14-2016, 12:47 PM   #48
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
I'd also say to give Origin or Fineline tunning a try! All the origin I've owned fit perfect with only a little blocking needed at the edges where it meets the wheel wells and Fineline is a good alternative for the price just a bit thin like vis.
Renelovesnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #49
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

can anyone chime in on PS Duce aero fitment?