Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:21 PM   #1
vinnyjdm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
vinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura aboutvinnyjdm has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
VinnyJDM's S13 Hatch Drift Build

Sup Zilvia! Hope you like my build!

I picked up this 1990 240sx Hatch rolling chassis in July 2014 for a pretty fair price. Being from Illinois, it's hard to come by a rust free 240, so I when I found this without a single spec of rust I knew it was the car. Not to mention, the car came with all Megan suspension, a really high quality roll cage, a welded diff, a hydraulic e-brake, and was 5 lug converted. It's the SE model non-sunroof (perfect for drifting!) but the car came completely gutted. Got an auto check report and learned that the car was originally from Arizona and spent most of it's life in California. The original color was white. The roll cage, hydro, & diff was done by a shop in Indiana called Neukin (before I purchased it.)

So the original plan was to just get the car running ASAP. So I was just going to through a stock KA in it and drive it & enjoy the summer. Then I thought.... welll since my last drift car had an SR I should keep the option open to turbo charge the motor. Which involved taking care of it a bit.

My neighbor about 10 houses down has a 100,000 mile 1995 S14 that he decided to SR swap, so I bought his KA.

Pulled the motor out!

Decided to lightly freshen up the motor, so I bought felpro: head gasket, valve cover/spark plug gaskets, front & rear main seals, and a few misc gaskets. Also got ARP head studs. (Wish I got a metal head gasket instead)

..Anyway, got the motor on a stand and started cleaning everything up. Used a wire brush to get all of the loose grime/surface rust off the block.

A lot of degreaser, a hose, and a wire brush to try to get it as clean as possible before paint!

Got a lot of engine paint and primer to get the motor/trans looking fresh before it went in the shell!

Head is off and the painting starts!
vinnyjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links