Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:22 AM   #91
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
looks good.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2017, 04:38 AM   #92
ph1tnessjunk1e

Trader Rating: (0)
ph1tnessjunk1e is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Beautiful vert!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ph1tnessjunk1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:18 AM   #93
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Been a busy few months with plenty of ups and downs. The car hasn't changed much other than the addition of another caliper and the Villains handbrake. Such an awesome upgrade, I've never drifting with a handbrake so it's been fun learning to use it. Probably could use a steering wheel, sits really close to the stock one.

Did a hotboi photoshoot

Did a few drift events

Got laid off with 80% of the rest of my coworkers in a corporate restructuring. Found another job so did another drift event

Found out that hotlapping in hot, humid weather would kill my stock turbo. I’m now debating between highflowing my CT15B, Tomei M8280, or just going top mount. Leaning towards top mount.

It was interesting that the turbo did go. My car has always felt a little sluggish and lacks the torque everyone online rants and raves about with the VVTI 1Js. I had a few friends drive my car and they agreed. It made power for sure but felt like a T25 SR and constantly needed to be clutch kicked even with high rear tire pressure. I’m excited to start over a bit with the new setup coming soon.

How it sits for now. Gonna pull the turbo to see the damage but need to save a bit before buying the new setup.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:18 AM   #94
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
whats next aside from turbo?
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:41 AM   #95
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
whats next aside from turbo?
A lot of small detail jobs. I'd really like to go back through and clean up some wiring and tuck the fuse boxes. Mechanically I plan on pulling the engine, tubing the fenders, painting the engine bay, moving the fuel lines to drivers side and just general tuck and clean of the bay.

I'm gonna limp by on stock fuel and ecu for a bit more. Not really prepared for standalone and want to get better at focusing more on the details of a few jobs instead of rushing through my typical laundry list of things. I'm finding that I really enjoy being more meticulous with each modification as opposed to completing it as quick as possible.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:30 PM   #96
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Oh and it only seems fitting I add some closure to the paint process of the car. My drift "team", aka friends who painted their cars the same color, also finished their paint. Here we are at Low Style Heroes V1 being stance kids.

Driver skill has been progressing throughout the group but really we're all noobs with cool looking cars that enjoy driving them.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #97
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

An awesome friend gave me a Holset H1C that I'm gonna try and use. This is the 8 blade variant with very similar performance to an hx35. It's got a massive 18cm rear housing that I'm looking to swap out for either the bullseye 0.7a/r or Tims turbo 9cm one. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Celica alltrac ct26 for comparison
Old 09-12-2017, 01:41 PM   #98
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
18cm housing is huge. I went from a 16cm to a 9cm. The 9cm was still laggy but not as bad. On a basic RB I was seeing full boost around 4500. It was still a good setup for the price.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #99
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Ended up just finding another stock turbo to run instead. I think I will hold off on big single for now.

Ended up changing jobs so naturally did a new job drift event haha.

Redid charge pipes

Tucking my engine bay harness and deleting circuits not used....probably should have just started from scratch.

Built a simulator to try and get some more seat time. This is really fun, it's not 1:1 feel but I think it will keep my muscle memory up and allow me to try some different techniques. Unsure if I'll make it to a lot of events next year since I'm TRYING to save a bit LOL

Freezing in my storage unit while I rewire parts of the car and redo some stuff

Bought a 96 Dodge cummins 12 valve so I can start towing to events. Couldn't pass on the deal

Just did Killer Dowel Pin on it as well as some other maintenance. I really like driving it around.

Remaining winter build includes finally installing an aftermarket steering wheel, roll center correction kit and possible J-pipe delete on the 1J (just makes more intake noise).
Old 01-12-2018, 11:47 AM   #100
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I just went through and didn't see if the SR style N flow solved the overheating issues? Im tossing my 1J in next weekend and was still debating on using my KA radiator or not. I already cut the core support, mainly to fit the 2 12" Spal fans.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #101
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

I believe it did help but I also went to HMIC at the same time. Enough guys run KA radiators that I think the N-flo isn't necessary.

Just make sure you have good airflow to the rad. Before I had a beat-up greddy FMIC a good foot in front of the radiator so I think the air was stalling and forced to rely on electric fans only. Direct airflow is so much more capable of removing heat.

If your budget can afford it, look into adding an oil cooler as well. I forgot to mention I'm finally installing that this winter because I believe that was how I killed my first turbo hotlapping.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #102
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Winter rebuild went well and I'm happy with the result. Took a lot of work that most people won't pick up on as different from last year but really excited about it all.

Greddy oil cooler sandwich plate

Interior all apart due to tucked harness. Good experience but damn was this painful.... when I inevitably redo all of this I wish I just made the investment to going with a complete custom harness such as the Painless wiring kit.

GK RCC kit forced my 18s out too far for stock fenders so rocking my friends R33 17s this year.

Used some ugly corner brace to make a simple bracket for oil cooler. Will likely spray this black during the summer so that you don't see it as easy.

Cut fender liners is really nice. I thought about tubbing it and painting later on but I don't know, it's so nice having access to everything

Towed with my truck for the first time to get an alignment. Really excited to not have to street drive the car to track days.

Finished product. Never pulled the engine so engine bay was never painted. Maybe next winter...

Old 04-18-2018, 06:06 AM   #103
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking good man!
codyzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:11 PM   #104
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

BUMP.

I moved into a house and now have a garage of my own. It's hard to believe the past few years its just floated between friend's driveways and a storage unit but now i can actually work on the car every night.

I took the wing off and love how the car looks again. The drag wing made the car look long at times, hoping to go to an origin/dmax style wing soon. If you want the drag wing just PM me, it's sitting in storage now.

Went to Japanese Classics open house, my drift team was the allowed to spinout in their parking lot haha

Got this upper cooling panel off ebay. It needs some work to make it look right but going to install this winter.

Spirit.jp drift event @ Richmond Raceway

Starting to get closer and clipped a friend's rear wheel. More bodywork this winter

The car is holding up well. Most of this year was keeping the body kit together, changing tires and driving the damn thing. Couldn't be happier with how it performs. A stock 1j, gktech roll center correction and a nice bucket seat.

Really excited to start posting again. I've purchased a TIG welder and plan on really taking advantage of it. Winter build list and preview for the next following posts:
- Body work (fenders, hood, front bumper)
- Larger power steering cooler
- Swirl pot in the upper radiator elbow
- Full cage
- Fresh fluids
Old 12-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #105
drifter92
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
drifter92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
wow awesome progress, great car