Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
Scarceas

Trader Rating: (0)
Scarceas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lighting to fit body kits

Alright, I'm stumped. I have searched and I even had another friend search and I can't believe there is not a wealth of information out there about this. This is the internet. I'm probably just not searching for the right stuff.

The question is simple: where do you get lighting to fit aftermarket body kits? I have seen that on some kits people are able to massage OEM lights to fit. In some cases you can make some other off the shelf aftermarket lights work.

But in some cases that just isn't going to cut it, right? Sometimes it's going to take something designed to fit there? The link below is my specific example. I am somewhat interested in this bumper, due to my stock bumper suffering an unfortunate mishap:
http://www.bodykits.net/images/bodykits_net/175804/02.jpg

The side markers and turn signals, though, to get those I need something specific. Everywhere I see these sold, it's bumper only, no lights. I can't find anywhere carrying lights by that mfgr that fit (some have lights from the same mfgr).

I need to decide soon, and if I can't find what I need to get a clean aftermarket look without spending too much, then I'm just going back OEM. I know I can get those lights.
Scarceas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Aside from those obviously being photoshopped. They appear to be OEM lights. As for mounting them, there's a ton of ways to do that. Get them in your hand, and get working. Make brackets/etc to hold the light in place.
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
Fuego
Zilvia Addict

Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Wax is on point.

If a front bumper requires custom headlights, it's probably made from rice and stickers and you should avoid them.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #4
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like you better learn some DIY or take it to a body shop so they can make the kit fit, but we hate when people bring cheap kits in.

Edit: I just saw the picture has the Duraflex logo... research my dude, and go buy quality.
DJ 21o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #5
Scarceas

Scarceas is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty much every other kit I have seen is too much ... flair... for my tastes. I looked around and found some saying Duraflex was good quality, and some saying junk as well. It's hard to know which ones are are idiots and which are brilliant experts.

I think Fuego answered my question--don't get kits that don't use OEM lights.

I'll probably just go back to OEM. I didn't really intend to go looking for a body kit (or part of one) anyway, just thought I would check out the options since my bumper got busted up.
Scarceas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #6
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
The top picture are S14 Zenki lights (95-96). The bottom picture are lame ass after market clear versions of S14 Kouki lights (97-98). I think those are the JDM versions as well. You are getting confused because there are several different styles of lights that came on S13's and S14's depending on their production year and if they're JDM or USDM.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:21 PM   #7
I<3BEWBZ
Zilvia Member

I<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the rough
D-max dual purpose marker/signal lights
I<3BEWBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #8
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
damn dude.... theres some dribble on your bib..

Old 02-09-2014, 03:15 AM   #9
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarceas View Post

Pretty much every other kit I have seen is too much ... flair... for my tastes. I looked around and found some saying Duraflex was good quality, and some saying junk as well. It's hard to know which ones are are idiots and which are brilliant experts.

I think Fuego answered my question--don't get kits that don't use OEM lights.

I'll probably just go back to OEM. I didn't really intend to go looking for a body kit (or part of one) anyway, just thought I would check out the options since my bumper got busted up.
The problem you'd have is that bumper you're looking at is fake/photoshopped. That bumper on that Zenki is a mash up of Zenki/Kouki styling. That turn signal light is a JDM Kouki light. I've seen certain JDM manufactured bodykit get rid of the Zenki sidemarkers and turnsignals but utilize the cleaner Kouki lights.

If you find a JDM Zenki bodykit, just be aware that the USDM turnsignal wont fit into it since the JDM lights are smaller.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote