Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
red240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Kouki tail light sockets

I have searched here and all over the net, has anyone found replacement bulb sockets for Kouki tail lights [180sx]
RHD japsn parts lists the wrong part as the sockets for the tail lights but if you look at the diagram on there website that is for the center garnish
Product Image list
I gave them the part # from that diagram and they asked for the skew# which I don't have.
Anyone ever find these?
Thanks
red240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
if youre talking about the FACTORY 96-98 180sx tail light sockets that have male connectors which plug into the chassis harness, i should have some of those. I tend to throw them in a box after doing LED conversions.

I may not have many, and I know I typically dont keep the reverse light connections.. but let me know which ones you need and I'll try to help

mike / clearcorners.com
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
red240
Zilvia Junkie

red240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if youre talking about the FACTORY 96-98 180sx tail light sockets that have male connectors which plug into the chassis harness, i should have some of those. I tend to throw them in a box after doing LED conversions.

I may not have many, and I know I typically dont keep the reverse light connections.. but let me know which ones you need and I'll try to help

mike / clearcorners.com
Thanks Mike
I need the factory brake/running light and the turn signal sockets for both sides
I need to know what bulbs came in them also if you have the number
I really appreciate your help with this, let me know what you want for them
and I'll paypal you
Jerry
Old 08-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
Exas Spec D
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Exas Spec D is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Them 180SX Kouki tailights use bulb size 7443.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Part Numbers are

Socket Assy-RR 26556-60F00
Socket Assy-RR 26551-60F00

You'll need Two of Each one is for the outer light, the other is for the inner light, cannot remeber which is which.

You can get the bulbs from autozone
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Part Numbers are

Socket Assy-RR 26556-60F00
Socket Assy-RR 26551-60F00

You'll need Two of Each one is for the outer light, the other is for the inner light, cannot remeber which is which.

You can get the bulbs from autozone
Thanks
I have the part# for the sockets but can't find them anywhere, I gave those # to RHD japan and they never got back with me
In the Nissan diagram I posted above you can see the part # also
Thanks again
Old 08-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Give this a whirl

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Old 08-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
ugh. i hate this. i sold a set of koukis just because i couldnt find the bulb sockets. where were you then ixfxi? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 PM   #9
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Give this a whirl

Tried searching the web with that # all I get is zilvia posts lol!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Did you try the dealer? It's an OE number, they can order it through Motorsports.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
Devens240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Devens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really niceDevens240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i need a socket for my reverse lights on my koukis. (rps13). part #?
Devens240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki.life View Post
ugh. i hate this. i sold a set of koukis just because i couldnt find the bulb sockets. where were you then ixfxi? lol
Whoever needs sockets and/or bulbs, let me know. I literally have millions of parts like these hanging around, I just need a couple days to dig'em up.

[email protected]
Old 08-31-2009, 03:24 PM   #13
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Whoever needs sockets and/or bulbs, let me know. I literally have millions of parts like these hanging around, I just need a couple days to dig'em up.

[email protected]
Thanks for all your help , I e-mailed you at the clearcorners addy
Old 08-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #14
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Sorry to thread jack, but I have been curious, do the kouki tail connectors plug right into the 89-93 harness, or does the harness or the connectors need to be modded?

I have had a couple sets of Ebay eurotails, and they always come with two sets of sockets/connectors, and I have been wondering if the other set is for cars with a harness for kouki tails, because the connectors are different.

That brings me to my next point. Has anyone tried if the eurotail sockets fit the kouki tails?
Found this picture of the kouki sockets, and they seem to look the same as the eurotail ones.

If they fit, that could be an alternative. Just buy a set of the cheapest eurotails off Ebay, use the sockets/connectors, and resell the eurotails with the other set of sockets.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #15
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Sorry to thread jack, but I have been curious, do the kouki tail connectors plug right into the 89-93 harness, or does the harness or the connectors need to be modded?

I have had a couple sets of Ebay eurotails, and they always come with two sets of sockets/connectors, and I have been wondering if the other set is for cars with a harness for kouki tails, because the connectors are different.

That brings me to my next point. Has anyone tried if the eurotail sockets fit the kouki tails?
Found this picture of the kouki sockets, and they seem to look the same as the eurotail ones.

If they fit, that could be an alternative. Just buy a set of the cheapest eurotails off Ebay, use the sockets/connectors, and resell the eurotails with the other set of sockets.
I have a couple sets of those and they are not the same
Old 08-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #16
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Just to make sure everyone is on the same page, above is a pic of what the factory connector looks like the J-SPEC 96-98 180SX tail light harness. For the NOOBS, this harness is different than the US-spec 89-94 vehicles.

With that said, you need a hybrid connector. The hybrid connector uses the bulb sockets from the J-spec lights mated to the US-spec connector. Once modified, the lights will be plug-and-play.

What I will offer you cheap fuckers, is not the US-spec connectors. I will offer the J-spec bulb sockets as they come new when you buy the 180SX tail lights. Its up to you to modify the harnesses and create the special hybrid I refer to above.

Now, if you guys are super pussies and/or have fear or working on electrical shiet, let me know and I will take care of all that for you, for an additional cost (of course). Afterall, I am a Jew Bear.

note: I am not sure how many connectors I have in my storage, I will need to search. So if you guys e-mail(ed) me, sit tight and wait while I rummage through all this stuff. Please understand that most e-mails with the "240SX" in the title are at the absolute lowest priority in my day-to-day routines, because you guys are like the 1% of customers who assist in paying my bills. Thank you very much 240SX owners.

Sincerely yours,
Mike @ clearcorners
Old 08-31-2009, 04:14 PM   #17
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
and FYI, all of the connectors I've come across on cheapie aftermarket lights SUCK BALLS. inferior plastic with shitty quality connectors. Since these harnesses are not exposed to water, they should be *decent* but I would still advise caution when using cheap overseas bullshit.

Stick with the OEM plugs/sockets, stay away from garbage.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:56 PM   #18
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Just so everyone knows [Mike excluded] this is the sockets for the tail light brake/running and turn signal

Old 08-31-2009, 05:01 PM   #19
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Zoom in a little more, it's not blurry enough.

Seriously though, anyone can wire these up if you have a brain. The pinout is the same, so it's a matter of just matching wire to wire, soldering, and wrapping up.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:05 PM   #20
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
Zoom in a little more, it's not blurry enough.

Seriously though, anyone can wire these up if you have a brain. The pinout is the same, so it's a matter of just matching wire to wire, soldering, and wrapping up.
LOL.. I didn't take those pic's I got them from a post on here, and you are right wiring these is not hard , just think a little
Old 08-31-2009, 05:10 PM   #21
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Here ya'll go

***UPDATED PICS*** Here---> http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/276805...l-wire-up.html

THESE ARE OLD PICS FROM WHEN I FIRST WIRED THEM UP, WIRES SINCE THEN HAVE BEEN SOLIDER AND HEAT WRAPPED.

BROWN SOCKETS ARE BRAKE LAMPS
WHITE SOCKETS ARE TURN SIGNALS

Driver Side

OEM Body Harness > Kouki Tail Wires

Inner Brake Lamps Driver/Passenger

Red/Blue stripe > Green/White stripe
Red/Green stripe > Green/Yellow Stripe
Black > Black

Driver Side Turn Signal and Outer Brake/Parking Light

Red/Green stripe > Green/Yellow stripe
Green/Black stripe > Solid Green
Black > Black Both Turn and parking lamp share same Ground

I think these are right, I got paint on a few wires so hard to tell

Passenger Side Outer Brake/Parking Lamp and Turn Signal

Red/Green stripe > Green/Yellow stripe
Green/Yellow stripe > Solid Green
Black > Black Turn and Passenger/brake share same ground

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 09-11-2009 at 04:45 PM..
Old 08-31-2009, 05:20 PM   #22
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks so much for the pic's I'm sure those are going to help a lot of people!!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:58 PM   #23
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Another question, sorry.

Is the new trunk lock cylinder absolutely necessary? I know it has to be in the same location, so I don't see why the stock 89-93 lock wouldn't work unless it is fatter or longer, which I kind of doubt.

Or is the lock cylinder just something that Nissan in Japan decided to include with the taillights assuming if someone needs to completely replace their taillights then they might need a new lock as well?
Old 08-31-2009, 06:02 PM   #24
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Another question, sorry.

Is the new trunk lock cylinder necessary? I know it has to be in the same location, so I don't see why the stock 89-93 lock wouldn't work unless it is fatter or longer.

Or is the lock cylinder just something that Nissan in Japan decided to include with the taillights since they assume if someone needs to completely replace their taillights then they might need a new lock as well?
the center garnish and reverse center piece stick out about 1/4-1/2in more so the trunk lock need to be LONGER

You can put a few washers inbetween the lock and the body to space it out a little more (I did) works fine just add some silicone around it to seal it.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 08-31-2009, 06:06 PM   #25
Matej
Post Whore!

Thank you for the info. I feel ready to buy kouki tails.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:10 PM   #26
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
fucking little devils im still pissed i sold my lights because is couldnt find them. i also went to the dealer and my dealer was fucking cluless. damn bald ass mofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #27
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Want to say a big thanks to Mike[ixfxi] for getting the sockets out to me and at a great price also
Old 09-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #28
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
yep, me too. mike hooked it up.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #29
ixfxi
Post Whore!

okay boys................. an update for you all

i've gotten quite a few requests over the past month or two from folks who need connectors. no biggie... 1 set, 2 sets, 3 sets, 4 sets, 5 sets, etc...........

I'm starting to run low here and dont plan on unloading my entire supply of connectors to you guys, because I still need to have some in stock for when I need them.

So just want to make a few things clear here:
#1) I'll help you guys out as I can
#2) The price I charge for these is minimal
#3) Therefor, since you dont pay my bills, I'll get to you guys WHEN I CAN
#4) Therefor, dont expect immediate response.
#5) These parts are in my storage, I need to take time out of my day to look through them.

Now onto the more important part:
#1) If I dont have the EXACT OEM sockets, I will provide you with alternate sockets
#2) Alternate sockets are SEALED sockets, so they are superior to the OE design which are not sealed
#3) If I send you alternate sockets, you will need to notch either the socket or the tail light bulb opening. Notching the socket or tail light is very easy and can be done with a fucking nail clipper or razor, its cake.

Last, if you need bulbs let me know and I can sell you bulbs as well.

Mike / ClearCorners.Com
Old 10-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #30
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
CLEARCORNERS.COM nominated for the Lighting of the Year Award 2009