Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
pete240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
pete240 is making a name for him/her selfpete240 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
SR Power Fc problem?

I purchased a used powerFc from a member on the boards awhile back and since the purchase I've not been able to get it to run. I've already sent the unit in for testing to Apex'i and they have assured me that the PFC is in good working order. I've got a brand new SR wiring harness and I've double checked my wiring according to the FRsport writeup and still nothing. The odd part is that my stock ecu boots up fine and car runs good no problems. Is there something I'm missing? Where else should or what else should I troubleshoot to fix the problem.

It's an S13 SR Redtop and I've been assured by Apex'i that the part number of PFC matches the same engine........
pete240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Killa_D
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
Killa_D can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
have you tried to get it tunned? or even ask the original owner what he had engine wise?
maybe thats your problem. Also does the car even start up? More info please.
Killa_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
pete240
Leaky Injector

pete240 is making a name for him/her selfpete240 is making a name for him/her self
Main problem is the ecu isn't booting up. I get no back lit commander nor fuel pump priming. Previous owner had a red top but only used it for start up because immediately after it was run he put piston to valves then later scrapped the project.

Model Serial of PFC is
PFC SR2014 020-0642

OEM ECU #62
Old 11-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
Killa_D
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
Killa_D can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
do you know anyone else with a sr power car i say try it in a different car and if that doesnt work then get your money back. I personally never owned a power fc but maybe see if you can download installation guide to make sure you have everything down.
Killa_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #5
pete240
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_D View Post
do you know anyone else with a sr power car i say try it in a different car .

Yea there are a couple guys in town that have them just haven't bothered asking haha but that's a good idea.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
pete240
Leaky Injector

BUMP

msg length
Old 12-13-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
nate_drake

Trader Rating: (0)
nate_drake is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
this may sound stupid but when i screwed my harness into the power fc i got no power. but i tried pushing down on the harness and moving it around and it got power that way. just something to check.
nate_drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #8
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Please post this in Engine Tech next time so I can see it and help you out faster.

This is definitely an issue with power in your wiring not getting to where it needs to go so it could be possible the harness plug is not snug into its seat but also check your ECCS relay wire, it's a thin red wire with black line and it should be wired up on both sides by the battery area. If it is not wired up then you should wire it up

You could also get an ECU pin out and check all eccs or ecu power wires with the key on for power.

Once you get it working be sure to contact me before the end of this month to take advantage of my discounted rates for remote tune/base map service for your unit also
Old 12-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #9
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You know import tuner or one of the mags ran a power fc with these exact same issues. You have to make sure you wire the ECCS up correctly and it reads the correct power. I run a Power FC as well and while I know nothing about tuning. I would double check the power wires with a voltage meter in order to make sure it is getting the volts it needs but there is also some other wires that have to be grounded in order for it to work properly.....
HemiCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #10
pete240
Leaky Injector

I followed the FR sport wiring diagram twice first time by myself then next with a buddy along side me double checking. Is there something not listed in their writeup?

Let me share a little more details with you guys. I forgot that a couple months back I had a problem where my engine wouldn't shut off unless I stalled it and after doing so the accessories would stay on. I replaced the 2 green relays in the engine bay labeled egi and still got no results. I looked through the main harness that wraps around from the relay box to the drivers side kick panel. I found quite a few wires I had rubbed through. I patched all the bare wires buttoned everything back up and still no dice. I then replaced the whole ignition switch and cylinder because mine was super worn out.

Through some trial and error I noticed that when I unplugged the battery after stalling the engine I would hear one last relay click. The relay that would click was the egi one in the relay box. I've tried 5 different relays and none made a difference. Now here is the kicker I removed that relay and the car runs on stock ecu like nothing is wrong. My question is would there another relay that works in series or is there another possible short?
Old 06-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #11
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Maverick06xx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Please post this in Engine Tech next time so I can see it and help you out faster.

This is definitely an issue with power in your wiring not getting to where it needs to go so it could be possible the harness plug is not snug into its seat but also check your ECCS relay wire, it's a thin red wire with black line and it should be wired up on both sides by the battery area. If it is not wired up then you should wire it up

You could also get an ECU pin out and check all eccs or ecu power wires with the key on for power.

Once you get it working be sure to contact me before the end of this month to take advantage of my discounted rates for remote tune/base map service for your unit also

So whats the write up or where and how do you wire this up on both sides?
Maverick06xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:13 AM   #12
Drftwel

Drftwel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete240 View Post
I purchased a used powerFc from a member on the boards awhile back and since the purchase I've not been able to get it to run. I've already sent the unit in for testing to Apex'i and they have assured me that the PFC is in good working order. I've got a brand new SR wiring harness and I've double checked my wiring according to the FRsport writeup and still nothing. The odd part is that my stock ecu boots up fine and car runs good no problems. Is there something I'm missing? Where else should or what else should I troubleshoot to fix the problem.

It's an S13 SR Redtop and I've been assured by Apex'i that the part number of PFC matches the same engine........

If your car still will not start after you do get the ecu to power on and fuel pump to prime, (I hope you have the commander ) make sure in the settings menu that you have "Boost control kit" off if you don't have the Apexi boost controller add on kit... If you have it set to "yes" instead of "no" the car willl not start
Drftwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:25 AM   #13
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
roninwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to roninwon Send a message via Yahoo to roninwon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drftwel View Post
If your car still will not start after you do get the ecu to power on and fuel pump to prime, (I hope you have the commander ) make sure in the settings menu that you have "Boost control kit" off if you don't have the Apexi boost controller add on kit... If you have it set to "yes" instead of "no" the car willl not start
You bumped a 9 year old thread.