Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Most Comfortable One Piece Coilovers - For Grip

I took a nice long drive today up to PV in So-Cal to watch the sunset with the race car.

I enjoy driving the car around on the weekend once in a while.

As you know I am an expert in EFI and Engine Management tuning specifically for Nissans (and some other makes).

I currently am using the SPL KTS Coilovers for the S13. 8 Front 6 Rear.

The problem I am having is the dampers. The suspension is aggressive but the shock's leave much to be desired. Hitting a couple bumps in the road going along the mountain road is extremely harsh, but I am still using Azenis.

I will be upgrading tires to NT01's very soon, and have been told to hold out and that these will compliment the KTS. I doubt so because- the stiff sidewall will make this setup even more rigid over bump stops and cornering hard over corner edge track levees at high speeds.

So basically I am looking at moving away from this suspension and to something with more chassis feedback with less rigid damper, for more cushy ride. I am looking at the

1. Tein Flex Coilovers

If anyone has had some experience I would love to hear feedback.

The goal for my car is to have a low center of gravity with a smooth and NOT bumpy ride, with decent driver feedback from the car-suspension.

Thanks for any tips and ideas - etc.