Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-29-2018, 12:12 PM   #1
Drftwel

Trader Rating: (0)
Drftwel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Built REDTOP SR20DET w/ Power FC D-Jetro leaning out -----HELP

Just installed my wideband o2 sensor to find out that I am leaning out under load. Here is a rundown of my setup.....

Hks camshafts 264 step 1 intake / 264 step 2 exhaust
JWT Cam gears
Greddy valve springs/ rocker arm stoppers,
Crower valve spring retainers
1.2mm Headgasket
JE pistons
Eagle Rods
ISR top mount cast iron manifold
Garrett 60 trim T3 journal bearing turbo
IsR fuel pump
Fuel pressure Regulator
tomei 740cc injectors
Power FC d jetro

In the morning (when the car hasn't been at all and is completely cool) If i crank my car up there is no black smoke, which according to paulr33's summary of the power fc i should have some black smoke?? but I have a 5-10 minute window of seat time before it starts hesitating and choking off. . . . I assumed it was a misfiring problem, but come to find out i am leaning out well into the 15+ range when this choking and hesitation comes in and it progressively gets to where i can barely make it through first gear (holding up traffic due to hesitation issues)

Located in auburn, alabama, does anyone know what could be the cause of the issue? or where i might start on trying to diagnose the problem?

I had it tuned and dynod a few years back by a tuner who i can't get in touch with now...... but it was 429HP at 18psi, 330ft/ TQ ......

My fuel pressure at idle is around 26 and when I give it a little gas it shoots well over 100 psi?

Last edited by Drftwel; 07-29-2018 at 07:55 PM..
Drftwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links