Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:01 AM   #1
sk8ercbs
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
sk8ercbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR idle issues

Okay so my car isnt holding idle until a few minutes after manually holding it. I first blamed the issue on the maf because it would idle fine if unplugged it, but with two new(used) mafs it does the same thing. When it does finally decide to catch idle it is not because the car is warm, because if i turn it off and back on it wont idle again. i did find one injector was sucking air but after fixing that the issue is still there. It is idling anywhere from 11 to 15 afr, it isnt very consistent, but does only change slowly, unless I give it gas. When i give it throttle a it goes super lean 16+, but does seem to hold better afrs for around 30 sec after (around 14 to 15) after this it will drop to 11 or so over about 10 seconds.
Basically just looking for any info or if anyone has had a similar problem. I know to check for vacuum leaks, none of the injectors seem to be stuck, and the fuel pump and pressure are fine. And i know it sounds like a maf problem, but what are the odds 3 mafs are bad, in the same way. Ty for any help or tips
sk8ercbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
vac leak

10 char
Old 07-06-2018, 10:10 AM   #3
sk8ercbs
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
sk8ercbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
vac leak

10 char
See from what i can tell there isnt any, ill continue to check of course, but it seems like if its a vacuum leak cause that big of an issue it would be pretty noticeable right?
sk8ercbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:36 AM   #4
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8ercbs View Post
See from what i can tell there isnt any, ill continue to check of course, but it seems like if its a vacuum leak cause that big of an issue it would be pretty noticeable right?
you need to do a proper boost leak test. EDIT: you cant magically see leaks. and that bullshit of using carb cleaner is damn near worthless if you actually want to seal your system up.

your symptoms scream 'unmetered air'