Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #961
harris180
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
harris180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
i can't really see the zipties. maybe he has a better pic on the instagram. i am, however, to lazy to check said instagram
IT doesn't really matter if you can see them or not, the fact of the matter is, 4 months ago Falkon made that post saying his body kit was held on with zipties, yet he is in this thread hating on people for doing the exact same thing..

is that not the text book meaning of hypocrisy?
harris180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #962
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris180 View Post
4 months ago Falkon made that post
LOL i'm so fucking done with this moron.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #963
Taylor Shinobu
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Taylor Shinobu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
IT doesn't really matter if you can see them or not, the fact of the matter is, 4 months ago Falkon made that post saying his body kit was held on with zipties, yet he is in this thread hating on people for doing the exact same thing..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when did he ever hate on people for having their body kits held on to their cars with zipties?
Old 11-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #964
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:

i can't tell if you're trolling or if you're really just that fucking stupid
Old 11-02-2014, 11:49 PM   #965
harris180
Zilvia Member

harris180 is an unknown quantity at this point
how is it trolling? is that not exactly what is going on in this thread? People with cars that aren't 100% flawless talking shit about other people who's cars arent 100% flawless?
harris180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:58 AM   #966
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point

thats wood grain vinyl

and some kid offered to trade a spotless bone stock coupe with 95k and cash on top for that pile of purple shit. i dont get it.
danshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:09 AM   #967
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Stupid to see this thread at the top of chat as of lately, Everyone has been purging their hate of other peoples cars so much in this thread lately all the other cool threads are dying.

I've tried avoiding this thread with every visit I and I'm sure others have aswell but nobody seems to be posting anything lately on the cool threads. Almost as if the lurkers have a reason to post(in this thread now) and argue, and the real top posters with something worth reading or seeing on here have completely stopped.

Further justifies zilvia as a useless community and a dying one, I am surprised the mods let this thread stay alive.

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:47 AM   #968
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
Stupid to see this thread at the top of chat as of lately, Everyone has been purging their hate of other peoples cars so much in this thread lately all the other cool threads are dying.

I've tried avoiding this thread with every visit I and I'm sure others have aswell but nobody seems to be posting anything lately on the cool threads. Almost as if the lurkers have a reason to post(in this thread now) and argue, and the real top posters with something worth reading or seeing on here have completely stopped.

Further justifies zilvia as a useless community and a dying one, I am surprised the mods let this thread stay alive.
The funny thing is, this thread has actually gotten me to start looking at the Tech and Chat sections more often. Prior to this thread, I only came here for the classifieds section, and the occasional OT post.

Even though I sold my 240 over a year ago, I'll still try to help answer tech questions if I know the answer.

PS, harris180 I think you missed my post on the last page, sweetie.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:02 AM   #969
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
The funny thing is, this thread has actually gotten me to start looking at the Tech and Chat sections more often. Prior to this thread, I only came here for the classifieds section, and the occasional OT post.

Even though I sold my 240 over a year ago, I'll still try to help answer tech questions if I know the answer.

PS, harris180 I think you missed my post on the last page, sweetie.
Funny thing is, It's doing the same for me as well, Finding myself reading up on other threads I usually don't visit. But it's just a shame to want to take a break from reading to see some cool updates on chat but to only see that in that in the past hour(s) this stupid thread is having a dumb debate whether the car is shit or not or some turd with an imperfect car talk shit about someone else car and pointing out its flaws...

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:39 AM   #970
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
Funny thing is, It's doing the same for me as well, Finding myself reading up on other threads I usually don't visit. But it's just a shame to want to take a break from reading to see some cool updates on chat but to only see that in that in the past hour(s) this stupid thread is having a dumb debate whether the car is shit or not or some turd with an imperfect car talk shit about someone else car and pointing out its flaws...
Yeah, some of the bickering does get old after awhile. I think the original thread was a little better about that.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:52 AM   #971
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Courtesy of the local facebook 240 page:

Old 11-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #972
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallH View Post
Courtesy of the local facebook 240 page:
KA intake kits are like $50... WTF...

On topic:

"Rattle Can is life"...
That being said; atleast its one color...

Old 11-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #973
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Haha harris trolls so good.

Props man.
The dingo ate your baby.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:16 AM   #974
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
how is it trolling? is that not exactly what is going on in this thread? People with cars that aren't 100% flawless talking shit about other people who's cars arent 100% flawless?
There is NO S-chassis that exist on this Earth is 100% flawless.

harris180, I have tried my hardest to refrain from commenting to anyone of your post. But you have severely missed the entire purpose of this thread.

Now while the original thread which intended purpose was to highlight bad ideas, tragic ideas that went wrong, things that was a problem with the "scene" and pointing out cars that contribute to the monstrosity plague that have hit the s-chassis scene in general...even Chris Fosberg said this missile crisis is getting insanely out of control. So if anyone have anything to say the means anything on any influential level, it would be Chris Fosberg, who also endorsed the missile attitude beforehand.

Subliminally IMO, it was to acknowledge that there is a problem with our scene and possibly a vague attempt to set some type of standard or least what is a for sure "NO".

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris180
You chowderheads are the biggest hypocrites iv ever seen.. You falkon have your side skirts cable tied to your car, something that has definitely been noted as 'doing it wrong' in this thread, and oldmate above me's car has shitty tail lights, miismatched wheels and a split quarter panel...
Seriously man? Your a prime example of taking shit wayyy too literal. I don't think anyone severely means word from word, 100% exact literal meaning in this thread man.

I have 2 zipties that is holding a small crack piece on my bumper. It's blending in with the paint (doesn't take that long or hard to make it look uniform) and unless you was staring dead fucking close to the car, you wouldn't even notice it. But besides that...I'm not doing it wrong.

I have said this over and over. It's not about having zipties is doing it wrong, or mismatch fenders, ISIS/Megan/Circuit Sports, etc, Clip releases, knock off rims, blah blah blah etc etc etc. that automatically puts you in the category of doing it wrong

IT'S ABOUT THE FACT THAT IF YOU PROUDLY, HONORABLY, WITH ALL YOUR GLORIOUS PRIDE AND MIGHT, GO TO THE ARM FUCKING LENGTH AND PERSONALLY TAKE A GOOD S-CHASSIS, AND YOU FUCK IT UP, CONDEMN IT, DESTROY IT AND DOING OVERLY OBNOXIOUSLY TRENDY SHIT INTENTIONALLY WHICH CAUSES THE CAR TO EITHER BE NEGLECTED, MECHANICALLY UNRECOVERABLE, OR FUBAR'D ENTIRELY. THEN HAVE THE AUDACITY TO USE SOCIAL MEDIA TO CURE YOUR ATTENTION CRAVING AND TRY TO BECAME E-FAMOUS AND MAKE IT ACCEPTABLE TO HAVE A SHITBOX.

Whether you want to accept this or not, this is a problem, a real fucking problem here in the U.S. We don't have the blessings like Japan, and can go get another 240sx/laurel/chaser etc etc given the fact half those fucking cars wasn't sold here man. So once the S-Chassis starts to succumb to it's demise (which it is currently) then hey, that's it and I HIGHLY doubt we going to start importing s13's/s14's from Japan after 25 years. So yea...

Quote:
Again, opinions from people that don't actually drive.. Notice not one of the people in this thread have ever actually driven a matsuri in japan? Literally every car there looks like that, and there are heaps of 'family cars', rwd rb powered cars that have interchangable parts with s13's..
As a hardcore JPN "fanboi" I agree the cars from Matsuri in Japan looks like shit. Even if you was with that guy with that Tomei crate engine, it does change the fact it looks like shit. Even if it's "track car" at the end of the day...it still looks like shit.

Once again, this is thread and the original is not based off driving styles, whether or not the person having fun or etc. It's exclusively in retrospect a style/appearance/surface based thread.

I agree drifting is about having fun, it's about cooling out with your buds, smoke a little bit, drink little bit and getting sideways again, you know all that good shit. I also understand drifting with the significantly increase likelihood of crashing or damaging your car (minor to major). But even though its all about keeping drifting fun and all that good stuff...I don't recall drifting EVER being about purposely making your car look shit. I don't recall drifting EVER about intentionally making your car unsafe to drive, let alone even fucking drift.

Why the fuck would you intentionally make your car highly unsafe, and participate in a motorsport that has one of the highest chances of crashing, injury and/or fucking up your car? That's backwards as shit. I'm not saying you have to have State-of-the-Art NASA-spec space grade, composite carbon, re-entering the fucking atmosphere prep safety. But the fact you car is falling apart, rotten away, and you willingly make it unsafe because it's "cool" I'm sorry, it's doing it wrong, and highly fucking dangerous given the nature of drifting man, especially if you do this shit on the street.

Quote:
You guys can keep living the service station lifestyle and sticking 'illest' stickers to your cars, i'll keep driving them into the ground...
and the fact you will "keep driving them to the ground" damn sure lets me fucking know how you treat your car.

I drift/spirit drive my car very frequently AND it's daily driven. I'm so fucking anal with my maintenance, that every day and I shit you not, I pop my hood once in the morning before I go to work, and the evening when I come in from school and do a quick rundown check for vacuum leaks, oil leaks, rusty bolts, broken bolts, oil check, antifreeze check and just to inspect my STOCK KA because the fact I drive my car harder in 1 weekend then most cars see in 1 whole week of daily commuting and it's daily ontop of that. I have literally a fucking plethora of gaskets, oils, fluids, sealants, little cheap pieces (clips, rings etc) and oh yea...I do have my box of handy dandy high tensile strength zipties, for a QUICK & TEMPORARY FIX. Not a permanent...but TEMPORARY fix that I will go back and PERMANENTLY fix the problem if such a problem arose.

People fail to realize it's not necessarily the big things that makes your car looks like shit, it's the numerous of small things that accumulate to a fucking mess that makes your car looks like shit. Both mechanically, and aesthetically.

You have to pay to play to do it right and just because it's "Fun" doesn't mean you get the best QUALITY of fun.

Last edited by HORShi; 11-03-2014 at 11:23 AM..
HORShi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #975
Aeroscraper326
Zilvia Addict

Aeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfection
Yeah what he said.

lol.
Aeroscraper326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #976
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I have a track car. It has pulled fenders, multiple colors of rattlecan, and other goofy crap on it. I've had it more than ten years now, and it's been pretty embarrassing at times, now that I think about it- but it's never been janky for the sake of janky. It had some random stuff written on it, and still does, but isn't an attention whore.

It's not a hack job, the fenders don't look like smashed assholes, etc. It's ratty without being a piece of shit. Hell, even the mismatched wheels have a reason- TEs are stronger than CEs and I have a tendency to drop rear wheels off when I'm goofing around and drifting. Also, why would I paint my car when I have no sponsors to impress and haven't finished the build?

Wrecked drift and track cars are still pieces of shit, regardless of whether or not they have a heart of gold.

Doesn't it matter to anyone with a wrecked car that their torsional rigidity is roughly equal to that of an overcooked noodle? There's missile drifting, and then there's missile drifting for the sake of drifting a missile- where you become complacent and bash the car up because "who cares?"

I understand using a missile to perfect something like tapping a wall, but to use it as your sole drift car? Misses the point, as others have said, that drifting is a combination of aesthetics- the aesthetics of the car and the aesthetics of the driving. It is not aesthetically pleasing to see people ramming each other, driving with a middle finger out the window, and ripping bumpers off their car each pass.

I'd be embarrassed as hell if I was passing myself off as a pro (or even pro-am) drifter and my car didn't look like a Club FR/late-'90s/early-'00s Japanese tuner build- those cars are exactly what I'm looking for when I feel like watching a drift video. Good paint, great fitment, presence and professionalism. Completely different than Formula D nowadays and the exact reason why I couldn't care less about drifting anymore.

I understand some people are having fun, but they're still doing it wrong. Just because you're having fun driving around a track, you can still be missing every apex and doing it wrong. You can do it right and have fun too.

PS- screw "ratchet" in its face. It started as a mispronunciation that ballooned into something ignorant people say to each other. If I hear it in person I'm likely going to publicly shame the speaker.
This post was heavily overlooked and sums literally the principle of drifting despite all the BS that have been posted...harris180, I honestly believe your not trolling and your just...idk man.

Anyways, I'm done commenting in this thread, apologize for the long essay, but got damn, I never seen someone so fucking asshurt in my life. You will would think homie got a rammed by 20" fiery raging strap on up the ass. Jesus christ man.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #977
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
mods, plz rename The Official TL;DR Thread.

thnx
Old 11-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #978
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You guys are dorks. All your cars are ugly. duh
Old 11-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #979
TwoForDeh
Zilvia Junkie

TwoForDeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
IT'S ABOUT THE FACT THAT IF YOU PROUDLY, HONORABLY, WITH ALL YOUR GLORIOUS PRIDE AND MIGHT, GO TO THE ARM FUCKING LENGTH AND PERSONALLY TAKE A GOOD S-CHASSIS, AND YOU FUCK IT UP, CONDEMN IT, DESTROY IT AND DOING OVERLY OBNOXIOUSLY TRENDY SHIT INTENTIONALLY WHICH CAUSES THE CAR TO EITHER BE NEGLECTED, MECHANICALLY UNRECOVERABLE, OR FUBAR'D ENTIRELY. THEN HAVE THE AUDACITY TO USE SOCIAL MEDIA TO CURE YOUR ATTENTION CRAVING AND TRY TO BECAME E-FAMOUS AND MAKE IT ACCEPTABLE TO HAVE A SHITBOX.
I think I love you.
TwoForDeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #980
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
This page has so many words.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #981
derek king
Nissanaholic!

derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
I don't hate that
Old 11-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #982
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Too bad your blessings don't excuse it from being turrible.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #983
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
mods, plz rename The Official TL;DR Thread.

thnx
HAHAHA this.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #984
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Close enough:

Old 11-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #985
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
This page has so many words.

That clip, the car was just doing a donut. Also that car finished the weekend like such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f76Tix1RwQw
Old 11-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #986
derek king
Nissanaholic!

L O L O L O L O L #ProudOfHim
Old 11-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #987
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
WristWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:24 PM   #988
blockedwizard
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
blockedwizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
"Damn my teggy" haha
blockedwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #989
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Don't make fun of that guy.
At least he goes to the track and drives hard.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #990
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Don't make fun of that guy.
At least he goes to the track and drives hard.
...right into the concrete barriers

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...

Last edited by tricky_ab; 11-03-2014 at 05:55 PM..
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote