Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-22-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
Jon-S14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jon-S14 is making a name for him/her selfJon-S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Installed power fc d-jetro, now it won't start, help!

I have a 96 180sx sr20det that ran on an E5 ecu. I bought the correct power fc d-jetro unit and installed the map and iat sensors and had them wired into the harness according to the manual. I turned the ign on and there is no power going to the ecu or commander. When i plug my stock ecu back in everything works fine! Does anyone know what the problem is? I have a 97 S14 chassis but that shouldn't matter cuz everything runs fine with the stock ecu. What kinda things should I be checking now?
Jon-S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2008, 12:27 AM   #2
tt99ol
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
tt99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tt99ol
check your grounds
power fc's are weird about them
i think you have to add one actually for the e5 fcs
check on zeroyon they have a power fc faq
Old 05-22-2008, 01:44 AM   #3
DDSR240
Zilvia Member

DDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond repute
its your ecu pin out ill bet you a million dollars yor coil 1 is at pin 9......coil 2 is at pin1.... coil 3 is at pin2 and coil 4 is at pin8 and your pfc doesn't match up i just went through the same thing yesterday with my aem i also have an e5 ecu i had to re-pin the blue plug.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #4
Jon-S14
Leaky Injector

Jon-S14 is making a name for him/her selfJon-S14 is making a name for him/her self
I've done some searching around and found somewhat of the similar problem as me. For some reason the pfc wasn't getting any power from the ECCS relay and had to put direct power in order for the computer to work. I read on and there was no definite answer to solving this problem. I'm gonna try that tonight and see what happens.

tt99ol: I will look into your suggestion as well.
DDSR240: you have an aem so it might be different from my problem but i appreciate your help and will consider that also.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #5
Jon-S14
Leaky Injector

I found out what me problem was. I checked my eccs relay for power and had nothing at all. It turned out to be a blown fuse for the relay. put a new fuse and and everything on the power fc works now. It even saves all my changes.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:29 PM   #6
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
whew. What a relief. Nothing like hooking up cool expensive stuff and it doesnt work.

Let us know how it turns out.
Luke
Old 05-22-2008, 11:35 PM   #7
weagle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
weagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm having the same problem!!!! I finally connected my power FC I have had for months and when I turn the key nothing happens. I went from a e5 to what is suppose to work for a 94-96 motorset on my 93 nissan.

I'm gonna check the answers you guys gave. Keep this thread alive for my sake!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #8
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-S14 View Post
I found out what me problem was. I checked my eccs relay for power and had nothing at all. It turned out to be a blown fuse for the relay. put a new fuse and and everything on the power fc works now. It even saves all my changes.
this is common, a lot of swaps don't really do a detailed job in the battery area and the stock ecu will sometimes run without all the eccs wires crossed over.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:01 AM   #9
Jon-S14
Leaky Injector

I bought the D-Jetro kit 414-N021 which is the replacement for the E5 ecu. My car is not fully ready yet cuz I still need to drill the intake manifold for the IAT sensor and I'm waiting for some couplers to come in. But I'll keep you guys posted and take some pics of my setup when it's up and running.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #10
Erjay1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Erjay1 is making a name for him/her selfErjay1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Old thread sorry, but I have the same problem.Where is the ECCS relay. I need to check it for power.
Erjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #11
FinkenS14
Zilvia Member

FinkenS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FinkenS14
x2, need to find the ECCS relay, having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM
FinkenS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #12
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
I'm 95% sure it is in the right side fuse box.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #13
FinkenS14
Zilvia Member

FinkenS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FinkenS14
No thats just a fuse. Nissan got lazy and labeled it as the EGI fuse. That fuse is fine. Basically all we wanna do at this point is hardwire the PowerFC ECU with a constant source of power but dont know wat pins to do off of, or what the fuck this ECCS bullshit is, and how its supposed to get power
FinkenS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #14
Erjay1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Erjay1 is making a name for him/her selfErjay1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Find the correct wiring diagram for your ecu and you'll see how the eccs relay gets power. I have an s14 with 98 sr and NA ecu, so mine was right next to the ecu.
Erjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #15
Jon-S14
Leaky Injector

ECCS relay is next to stock ecu location. it is in the passenger side kick panel area. in my car there was 3 next to each other so you need to find out which one is the eccs. easy way to know if it works is to turn ignition on and listen for the relay to click.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:33 PM   #16
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
It's a thin red wire with a black stripe in the battery area on S13s, a lot of people forget to cross it over and you need it for EMSs but not all the time for stock ECUs
Old 06-11-2018, 05:00 AM   #17
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Maverick06xx is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey steve, i know this is an old thread but i too am having an issue with my s14 with redtop s13. I have power fc and when i try to start it turns over but relays click like on and off.
Maverick06xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:28 AM   #18
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Steve how do you cross that wire over and to what pin
Old 06-11-2018, 07:45 AM   #19
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

I have an s14 with redtop sr20det. The car has been tuned but the car would not start. It didn't start before the tune either. right now when I try to start it, it will crank fine turn over but the relays click and my gauge flick with the click of the relay and im not sure what to do. I have power fc d jetro and im at a lost and do not know what to do next.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:00 AM   #20
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Steve Shadows
Last Activity: 01-23-2017 09:55 PM
..........I would recommend you email, pm or like his FB for contact.

P.S This thread is (almost) 10 years old lol!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:06 AM   #21
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
..........I would recommend you email, pm or like his FB for contact.

P.S This thread is (almost) 10 years old lol!
I understand the old part but im just looking for some help of any kind. his pm is full and I don't have facebook. Do you happen to know his email?
Old 06-11-2018, 09:11 AM   #22
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
No. But you can send an email by accessing his profile.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:08 AM   #23
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-S14 View Post
do you happen to remember what fuse you replaced?