Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:18 AM   #91
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Man, I never saw what happened to your old car. What a bummer!

Stoked about the FC. Keep it up!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2016, 01:47 AM   #92
Zero-Offset
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Zero-Offset is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Damn. follow you on IG too, cool to see more of the cars history and not just #tbt posts all the time haha. stoked to see how the new FC comes into shape!!
Old 11-30-2016, 08:31 AM   #93
Stokes9000

Trader Rating: (0)
Stokes9000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shame about the damage the hailstorm caused, looking forward to the progress on the FC.

When did you sell your red one?
Stokes9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #94
PW180SX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (32)
PW180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
Yes! Cool to see an update, keep us posted! Sucks about the hail damage on the car/ house, but happy to see you're moving on. Keep it up, in for more
Thank you! I'll try to keep this updated as best I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
Damn all types of evolution up in here
I just went through the last page, so much change over the last few years lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Man, I never saw what happened to your old car. What a bummer!

Stoked about the FC. Keep it up!
Yeah man, definitely sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Offset View Post
Damn. follow you on IG too, cool to see more of the cars history and not just #tbt posts all the time haha. stoked to see how the new FC comes into shape!!
Haha, I figured it was time I put the history out somewhere. Cool to go back and see it all laid out too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes9000 View Post
Shame about the damage the hailstorm caused, looking forward to the progress on the FC.

When did you sell your red one?
Thanks! I sold that back in 2013 I believe. I REALLY miss it, but it had title issues I could never solve. At the time I didn't want a purpose built track car, so I ended up selling the thing because it was illegal to drive on the street.

What I'd give to own another FC3C though..

But anyways, I'll post the current progress of my new FC. So here's the full story:

The car originally came from New York. It wasn't really taken car of, especially when it made its way here. It was torn apart, repainted terribly and has a lot of missing parts. Also, has as a lot of rust that needs to be taken care of before I can really dig into the build with fun parts. So pretty much the worse shell I could buy, but I had to save this one since it holds the 10AE badge.

Here's how I got the car. Very ugly indeed!

First things first, tore apart and cleaned the interior. Previous owner had the windows down and it sat outside for a long time with a tarp over it. The carpet smelled like crap, dust and leaves everywhere. After a good cleaning this is where it was at

Next was to focus on rust removal on the suspension itself, which was the biggest issue of the car. So I tore apart the front cross member and rear subframe next.

This was the worst..

But, I found a donor subframe up in Denver that was rust free! I had to source new rear knuckles and what not because mine were shot as well.

Decided to slowly convert the exterior over to S5. Might piss off some 10AE purists, but hey, S5 > S4! haha

Picked up some PBM goodies for the rear subframe

Got my rear subframe and crossmember blasted and painted. Installed new Prothane bushings and the PBM solids.

Diff on, ready to go!

Received an S5 rear bumper and side moldings

Prepped the fender wells and sprayed with undercoating and started reinstalling everything.

Got my Stoptech rotors, new front/rear wheel bearings, installed my DTSS delete bushings on my new knuckles etc.

Decided to go with Prime Suspension coilovers. New to the market, but made by Fortune Auto as their new entry level coil. We'll try them out and see how they do!

Started doing body work to fix the previous paintjobs defections

Filled in the rear emblem holes and antenna hole. Slowly fixing all dents and what not.

That's about where I stopped! I received my new Hawk HPS pads last night along with Russel front lines. I'm headed back up to Denver today to pickup an S5 front bumper. Wheels should be purchased soon, then spraying in the spring! Can't wait!
Old 02-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #95
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
this is good.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:46 AM   #96
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Love it- can't wait to see more progress sir!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-13-2017, 07:35 AM   #97
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

CHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura about

those wheels look so good on a fc
CHiNo4ReaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:47 PM   #98
Slideurmom
Leaky Injector

Slideurmom is an unknown quantity at this point
dang can't believe that i miss this build . I'm in co springs building my s13 too
Slideurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:45 AM   #99
PW180SX
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
this is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Love it- can't wait to see more progress sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiNo4ReaL View Post

those wheels look so good on a fc
Thanks guys! It'll be slow progress, but doing what I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideurmom View Post
dang can't believe that i miss this build . I'm in co springs building my s13 too
Nice man! Good to see some more locals!

Couple quick updates

Received new OEM front hard lines thanks to Atkins

Hawk HPS pads and Russel lines for the front

Made some carbon fiber plates for my RE-A mirrors as well. Came out halfway decent, might need to smooth the edges a little but these will do! They don't flow at all with the stock body, but eventually it'll all come together.

Finished all my brakes and suspension! Bled them yesterday, they feel pretty solid.

Finally got to roll it out real quick as well flip it around in my garage. Still pretty rough looking, but feels good to have all the suspension and brakes done.

Hope to tackle all the needed body work and have it resprayed soon.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #100
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Your FC looks so good!

I built an LS FC, that I drifted with for the last 2 years. There were definitely some nightmares with this chassis, but it was tons of fun!

Sub'd.
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #101
PW180SX
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx_sr20det View Post
Your FC looks so good!

I built an LS FC, that I drifted with for the last 2 years. There were definitely some nightmares with this chassis, but it was tons of fun!

Sub'd.
Nightmares for sure! But a fun and good looking chassis.

Big changes with the car - finally got around to finishing up body work and went with black! A pain in the ass to spray and correct, but overall came out halfway decent. FAR from perfect, but not bad for my first time painting an entire car!

Also remounted my RE mirrors on the door because they sat too high on the base I created. I think it looks a little better!

I got a set of Advan RG's (17x9.5 +14 and 17x9.5 +24) to roll on, but ended up selling them to a buddy of mine. I liked them but the specs were a bit too aggressive for the tires I wanted to run.

I ended up purchasing a set of new RPF1's for track day wheels. Cheap light wheel that can take a beating - not to mention they look superb on FC's! Plus buying new means I can buy the specs I want. These are: 17x10 +38 in the rear, and 17x9 +35 up front
Oh, and picked up an RE Type IV wing too!

Son said "Make it go vroom!"
Not for awhile....
Old 11-10-2017, 01:32 PM   #102
dalecl9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
dalecl9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
[QUOTE=PW180SX;5752219]Picked up some Advan AD07's for the rear and some Falken Ziex's for the fronts from a buddy of mine. Threw them on and here was the outcome!

The previous ride height was a little too low for me, even though it looked pretty neat.

Ughh so good this car was a big part of my motivation to finally put some time into my car!
dalecl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:20 PM   #103
PW180SX
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecl9 View Post
Ughh so good this car was a big part of my motivation to finally put some time into my car!
Thanks man!

Got the car a powerplant finally, an imported S5 turbo 13B. Might see if it runs before I tear it apart so I can maybe enjoy the car on the street once or twice before it goes back under the knife haha

Got some Advans on all 4 RPF1's, looks pretty good but I'd really like to see another set of Regas on this thing. Maybe in the future

The last couple months I've been dealing with a huge life change - packing up and moving to Nebraska with my wife and kids. We had our second on the way (whos 2 months old now), and we wanted to be closer to family and have slightly cheaper living expenses. Not super ideal, but we got twice the house for about the same amount I sold our house in Colorado for, which is awesome! We close December 29th so wish us luck

Some random shots of my buddies car when we loaded up my FC on a trailer to move. I guess it makes this thread still S chassis related haha

Hopefully once we get into our new home I can make some more progress on this thing. I'll post some up when I do!
Old 12-04-2017, 11:02 AM   #104
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Excellent as always Greyson!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-22-2018, 08:40 AM   #105
AnnaKendrick

AnnaKendrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you remember when you ran those 17x9.5 +18 rpf1's in the front of your hatch if you had to run a spacer? I'm hitting my coilover with the same wheel and I'm wondering if it's just because I'm running pbm's.
Either way I ordered 10mm spacers, but I'm just curious. I realize that that was a few years ago but if remember I'd appreciate the info.
AnnaKendrick is offline   Reply With Quote