Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
newkid99
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
newkid99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Zilvia electricians unite

So I have a 91 s13 fastback with a ka-de swap from an s14. Motor runs strong and everything works great except for the dash lights, spedo, and stereo... I've narrowed the problem down to an ignition switch wire, solid blue. It runs to the stereo and dash cluster. At first when I hooked up the stereo I was getting a strong 12.7 volts when in the acc or on position, then it just stopped.... And now when I turn the key it will slowly go up to about 3 volts and it does the same on the blue wire behind dash... WTF? Any ideas? I have checked all fuses under the dash and on pass side of the motor, I am lost.
newkid99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
newkid99
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
newkid99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Yes I have searched.
newkid99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
rcdad123
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
rcdad123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
check the stereo fuse holder in the fuse box. i had a wiper stop working on an 89 coupe and after trying on three good fuses, i finally looked at the fuse holder and found that it spread so far apart that it was not touching the fuse at all. i had to close the gap by sticking a pick in it.
rcdad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #4
redsx13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
redsx13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Ok listen up, there are 4-5 wires on a 240 ignition switch the reason i say 4-5 is because s13s have 4 and 14s have 5. So, your entire ignition switch assem. gets power from 1 wire (dont remember the color off hand) which is always hot. then, depending key position, it destributes 12v to each of the other wires (1 for acc, 1 for ign, and one for the startor relay). so that blue wire you are talking about, the acc wire coming from the ignition switch, if there is no power to that wire on the back of the ign switch, then you have a bad ign switch.
redsx13 is offline   Reply With Quote