Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #11671
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Saw this thing in person on Saturday. It’s not perfect but it’s a lot better looking sitting in front of you. The white one with the red mirrors was super nice but the matte dark gray was gorgeous! I confirmed it’ll be a stock color. She told me everybody was telling her they wanted stick. Lol. Gee you think? Hopefully Toyota gets the message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #11672
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
weight and power output looks similar to the 370z
...Which, 10 years into its lifespan, can still be bought for $29k NEW...
Old 01-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #11673
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
...Which, 10 years into its lifespan, can still be bought for $29k NEW...
And is still ugly as dog shit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:18 AM   #11674
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Cant wait to see it with mishimoto fmic's
Old 01-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #11675
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
And is still ugly as dog shit.
You're not wrong. Both of these cars are about the same ugly...
The Z34 grew on me a little bit, but I'd still rather have a inferior Z33 than to have to look at Z34 every day.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:37 PM   #11676
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
You're not wrong. Both of these cars are about the same ugly...
The Z34 grew on me a little bit, but I'd still rather have a inferior Z33 than to have to look at Z34 every day.
id still gladly take a G35 coupe AND sedan... Nissan just did everything right with both those cars (well, except the "champagne" interiors *blech*)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:29 PM   #11677
Corbic
Post Whore!

Old 01-23-2019, 12:57 AM   #11678
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
surprised nobodys mentioned the GT500.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...s-price-specs/

love the exterior design sans the stripes. only cons I can think of is lack of manual and likely ripoff ADM’s on top of whats likely to be something north of $70k. wouldnt surprise me if they went for 100k with markups.

I cant wait to see how it compares to the grand sport & zl1 1le (both with no adm if not doscounts).
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:30 AM   #11679
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^That is beautiful...

A lightly used GT350 is another car I wouldn't mind having over the new Supra.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #11680
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Its hard to see what’s stands out about the supra with all the great options these days. Im confused exactly what clientele this is marketed towards.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #11681
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Its hard to see what’s stands out about the supra with all the great options these days. Im confused exactly what clientele this is marketed towards.
Jdm fan boys and middle age men wanting to relieve their youth?

What other Japanese import is there to be excited about?

Old 01-23-2019, 04:02 PM   #11682
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Not a damned one.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #11683
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...s-price-specs/

love the exterior design sans the stripes. only cons I can think of is lack of manual and likely ripoff ADM’s on top of whats likely to be something north of $70k. wouldnt surprise me if they went for 100k with markups.

I cant wait to see how it compares to the grand sport & zl1 1le (both with no adm if not doscounts).
I understood it only comes in manual lol.. nvm!
Old 01-23-2019, 04:48 PM   #11684
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I dont think new Japanese cars today are all that exciting to begin with. I think the Miata’s the only car that’s solid. Japan as a whole is pretty stagnant when it comes to new fun cars relative to the past.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:01 PM   #11685
Atli126

Atli126 is making a name for him/her selfAtli126 is making a name for him/her self
Id say the miata and the brz are the only things Id honestly consider getting

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Atli126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #11686
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atli126 View Post

x2. Tho, Miata might be a snug fit daily, as for the BRZ... well, FA engine.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:22 PM   #11687
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:

x3 might be about time to get an frs anyway. If i can find an unmolested one, that is...
Old 01-23-2019, 09:08 PM   #11688
Atli126

Atli126 is making a name for him/her selfAtli126 is making a name for him/her self
I love my 99 nb miata. Go get a miata and be happy!

Old 01-24-2019, 08:01 AM   #11689
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I got to do a NC or ND or I bash my knees and shins.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:10 AM   #11690
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Jdm fan boys and middle age men wanting to relieve their youth
That’s how it’s worked for all sports cars with every generation. As a kid you dream of having cool cars and obviously you can’t afford them. Then you hit your 30’s, 40’s and 50’s and you get to make those childhood fantasies come true.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:30 AM   #11691
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I got to do a NC or ND or I bash my knees and shins.
Man, I'm super into NCs. I know they're not much liked in the Miata crowd for it's size, but coming from bigger cars, the NC ain't exactly a boat.
Gotta have the NC2 or NC3 front end though. They fit 17's easily and that 2.5 swap they're doing is interesting.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:05 AM   #11692
Atli126

Nc miatas are super cool imo. I dig them for lots of reasons. It's amazing that they can fit a 285 square tire setup!

Old 01-24-2019, 11:16 AM   #11693
Corbic
Post Whore!

Look like smiling bath tubs to me.

I can't get my legs under the wheel in a NA and my head is completely above the window line on a NC. Cars are built for Dwarfs.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:33 AM   #11694
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
If Mazda would just make a proper coupe or fastback out of them it'd be an instant buy. A Mazdaspeed turbo option would put it over the top.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:51 AM   #11695
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I found the NA miatas pretty comfortable to sit in. I’m 6’0 & 170-180 lbs depending on health. never had an issue with my NA even with the factory hardtop. if i had to nitpick it wasnt the most comfortable car on long road trips.

I would definitely not say they are car made for dwarfs, but definitely not for the big and tall. Now if we are talking about clothing sizes in Japan, then yes those are some extremely differet body types. I have to buy XXL t-shirts whereas in the US, I wear medium and sometimes small depending on who makea the clothing.

With the ND miata I agree it would be nice to see a coupe. id be happy even with there being a factory hardtop.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #11696
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
She told me everybody was telling her they wanted stick. Lol. Gee you think? Hopefully Toyota gets the message.
even if they had a change of heart and decided they wanted to release a manual version, wouldnt they have to go through BMW since its a bmw powerplant and drivetrain? Im sure they have some sort of agreement between the two mfgs.
Quote:
i was pleasantly surprised to see the carbon wheels on em. when i think modern american muscle i think primitive (compared to where other mfgs are right now).
Quote:
I love my 99 nb miata. Go get a miata and be
99-00 are the only miatas anyone should be buying! nb1 FTW. i kinda miss my 00.
Quote:
I can't get my legs under the wheel in a NA and my head is completely above the window line on a NC. Cars are built for Dwarfs.
lots of people over 6 ft fit in one. i think a proper seat and rails helps taller people. when i had mine i fit in it fine. im 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
If Mazda would just make a proper coupe or fastback out of them it'd be an instant buy. A Mazdaspeed turbo option would put it over the top.
i believe there are aftermarket fast back conversions. put it on a MSM and boom. everything you want, right there.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:40 PM   #11697
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post

lots of people over 6 ft fit in one. i think a proper seat and rails helps taller people. when i had mine i fit in it fine. im 5'11"
I'm 6'5, only drop top I'd consider is another Boxster.

I'm sure there are a ton of mods I could to to "fit", but it would never be comfortable like a Z33 or even S13.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:21 PM   #11698
Atli126

Don't forget the vert fc rx7... you can get one ls swapped and reliable for like 5-10k etc

Old 01-24-2019, 02:09 PM   #11699
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
even if they had a change of heart and decided they wanted to release a manual version, wouldnt they have to go through BMW since its a bmw powerplant and drivetrain? Im sure they have some sort of agreement between the two mfgs.
Interestingly I read an interview with like the lead designer or engineer or someone like that from the NAIAS last week and apparently BMW and Toyota didn’t exactly co develop the cars together like they did with Subaru. Early on in the development process they sort of went their different ways. They barely had contact with each other. I found that interesting.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:40 PM   #11700
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Don't forget the vert fc rx7... you can get one ls swapped and reliable for like 5-10k etc

Ugliest Car Evar