Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:49 PM   #331
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
JDM240z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wish I would have searched here for the latest reviews. Ordered some parts for my CD009 and KAT build over thanksgiving. Two week delay in shipping but I did just get a tracking #. I’ll update when parts arrive as to the order accuracy. Prices were great tho with free shipping to boot.
JDM240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2019, 08:11 AM   #332
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM240z View Post
Wish I would have searched here for the latest reviews. Ordered some parts for my CD009 and KAT build over thanksgiving. Two week delay in shipping but I did just get a tracking #. I’ll update when parts arrive as to the order accuracy. Prices were great tho with free shipping to boot.
yeah, let us know if the parts actually came from them or were just dropshipped.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 11:13 AM   #333
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Just orderd from enjuku for the first time in like 7 yrs lol. They didnt stock my acually items, but had them fedex shipped to me with in 5 days. Couldnt be happier

This thread kept me from ordern from frs
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 07:39 PM   #334
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

Parts arrived today. Shipping was slower than expected but for being the holidays and FRSport moving I understand. The order was accurate and was shipped from them. No drop shipping on the items listed as "in stock" on the website. Communication was a little slow but i did receive email responses to my questions. Overall a great price and I will probably purchase more parts from them in the future.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:41 PM   #335
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

Old 03-10-2020, 05:58 PM   #336
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
(copy and paste from my review on Facebook)

Question 1: Do you recommend FRSport.com?
Question 2: How could FRSport.com improve?

Full disclosure: I used to work there from Q4 2015 to Q3 2018. I managed several brands and several aspects of the business. I was only an employee.

FRSport's biggest strength is also it's biggest weakness. When you do Google searches (or just know what product is available where), you'd end up at FR at some point in the last 5 years. They have a huge collection of items on their online web store (over 1M SKUs available, compared with sub-50k for most other specialty performance shops), and it seems like they can get the best price from practically any brand out there.

All of that is true, however that is also their biggest problem: when you deal with so many vendors directly, managing order processing/logistics/finances becomes a daily headache. FR grew because it had direct relationships with every single vendor it works with, but this also means that you're dealing with 500+ vendors to send POs to, to follow up on lead time and logistics, to manage payments/bills/credits, to manage customer service.

This isn't even counting all the secondary stuff that you guys tried to take on... (in-house CNC machining, alignment rack, service work, dyno, shock rebuild, tire mounting/balancing, etc...)

So no, I do not recommend FRSport.

Having said all that, I understand the reasoning and justification for every single bad review posted here. Some are singular in nature, others are complicated... but the fix is surprisingly simple.

How can FRSport improve? Here's some honest feedback that I gave you guys (FR management) from 2017-2018 which was completely ignored. I specifically remember being labeled as "someone who complains too much"... and yet here we are.

To FR: do everyone a favor and remove products you 1) no longer have access to, and 2) have no business selling (i.e. vehicle make or brands that you have no experience selling). Reduce the amount of vendors you source from. Streamline your product offering. Remove items you've never historically sold. Trim all the fat from your website... Also, you should stop allowing Google search results to show your product as "in stock" when your website doesn't even show that same information. You're not the only seller to do this shady practice, but you're the worst right now online.

You guys had a good business model and idea, but honestly you failed by trying to do too much at the same time. I can list off all the things you guys tried doing between 2014 and 2017, and it would scare off businesses 10 times larger than you. The easiest fix moving forward is just to stop pushing brands you no longer have direct access to, and move on. Make amends with your customers and refund them money, even if it was partial.

Lastly: for people that are waiting on special order/backorder items coming in from overseas, there's nothing coming. They let the domain name registration for several "exclusive" brands lapse last summer. If that doesn't tell you their intent, nothing else will...
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote