Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-11-2008, 03:12 PM   #61
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
My first S14 was bought new off the lot in October 1995, right before the 96s came out. They didn't have digital cameras back then, I do have a pic of it that my GF blew up and framed for me taken at Christmas that year, lowered on Eibachs with 225/40s on the stock wheels. I still have it hanging on my wall.
The next one, shit there must be a million pictures of it online, from 1997 when it was on 18x7.5, +38 Konig Monsoons to the Villians, to the Advan Siennas, then on to the Volks I have on the new car. I was the first S14 to stick a Supra 3rd brakelight in, that was also 1997, some kid had a picture of it from behind taken in a detail shop and posted it on carmods.com or some dumb site. I don't even know where to look to find any though, I deleted everything when I sold the shell four years ago.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #62
specialk2003
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
specialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I wouldn't consider myself an OG, but I didn't buy my S13 to get into the drift scene. I worked with a guy that was selling it. He wanted too much to start with, but ended up dropping the price enough. This is the only pic I have of when I first got it, monster truck ride height and all. On the Passenger side there is a huge dent on the front and rear fenders.

And this is how she sits now, only without the wheels (that I just so happen to be selling).

specialk2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #63
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
What's with all the '03 and up crap? I really don't think that qualifies for this thread. I personally didn't get my first 240 untill '03-'04, but I had been into 240's (researching parts and such) since '99 or so. It was markslidesquad's old blue s-13 (featured in super street about forever ago) that sent me over the edge. My buddy used to work with him and he took me for a ride in the car.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #64
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
What's with all the '03 and up crap? I really don't think that qualifies for this thread. I personally didn't get my first 240 untill '03-'04, but I had been into 240's (researching parts and such) since '99 or so.
So you say '03 don't count, yet you got yours during that time and are posting in here? What if the others also researched
the car just like you have and never got around to get it until then?

ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #65
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
lol

when did you ride in Mark's car?
The old blue one?
awesome.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:40 PM   #66
khilgers
Zilvia Addict

khilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond repute
about 1 year after I got it I finally installed coilovers. Car was purchased in 2001.

khilgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #67
skylindrftr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
skylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfectionskylindrftr is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Parents bought me this in 03 for getting straight A's (yeah I was spoiled I know). Car had a shitload of problems that I didn't know about. Interior had to be rewired ugh...

This is the pic of the day I got my license when I was 16, I don't have any of my older pics on this comp. Sitting next to my friends 356 project which is fully restored now. I had a hula girl hanging off the tow hook until someone stole it, that was the second time, before I had a Kyle doll from SP that came with the car.

skylindrftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #68
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
So you say '03 don't count, yet you got yours during that time and are posting in here? What if the others also researched
the car just like you have and never got around to get it until then?

Ya, but I am not in here posting pics from the '03 + era which was definitely after the drift craze had begun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
lol

when did you ride in Mark's car?
The old blue one?
awesome.
Yup, the blue one! I got to ride in it in about '00-'01. Me and my buddy went over to his townhome in the thousand oaks area and he took us for a little "spin". I was oogling his panasports in the garage too! I LOVED that car. The front bumper that he had on it was the cleanest looking s-13 bumper that I have ever seen, I never did find out what it was though. We went down to carl's jr after that and bullshitted for a while. It was cool, Mark is a cool guy. I haven't seen him but maybe once since then though. The funniest shit though was that I was all ricer back then and said that I liked the sound of the BOV. Then he informed me that it wasn't supposed to sound like that and that a pipe had broken. I felt like a total douche. Luckily I have matured since then!
Old 12-11-2008, 05:32 PM   #69
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylindrftr View Post
Parents bought me this in 03 for getting straight A's (yeah I was spoiled I know). Car had a shitload of problems that I didn't know about. Interior had to be rewired ugh...

This is the pic of the day I got my license when I was 16, I don't have any of my older pics on this comp. Sitting next to my friends 356 project which is fully restored now. I had a hula girl hanging off the tow hook until someone stole it, that was the second time, before I had a Kyle doll from SP that came with the car.

http://b2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/0...27320162_l.jpg
This car looks exactly like a car from nor-cal I was going to purchase back in 04, Was about to lock the sale in and then I had some friends who lived up north go check the car out, driveshaft was fucked, turbo had mad shaft play and was ready to go, tires were bald as fuck, rear quarter panel was fucked. So I just dropped the idea of getting a 240.

When I did get around to it, drift tax was ridiculous, and i could only find automatics back then.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:40 PM   #70
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Quote:
Yup, the blue one! I got to ride in it in about '00-'01. Me and my buddy went over to his townhome in the thousand oaks area and he took us for a little "spin". I was oogling his panasports in the garage too! I LOVED that car. The front bumper that he had on it was the cleanest looking s-13 bumper that I have ever seen, I never did find out what it was though. We went down to carl's jr after that and bullshitted for a while. It was cool, Mark is a cool guy. I haven't seen him but maybe once since then though. The funniest shit though was that I was all ricer back then and said that I liked the sound of the BOV. Then he informed me that it wasn't supposed to sound like that and that a pipe had broken. I felt like a total douche. Luckily I have matured since then!

Did you ride in Dave's civic too??
Old 12-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #71
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
ok maby you guys could help me out i dont remember much

i think it was in 2000 but i think it was the very first drifting of pros from japan and it was in the parking lot of irwindale i still have the video. irwindale had no clue because the only thing from me and the cars flying by was cones and caution tape

i need to figure out how to post up the video
dirtdiggler666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:52 PM   #72
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
oh and brian the civic you are talking about i use to see it on thousand oaks blvd next to a car audio place all the time. never met the guy but the civic was army looking ect damn i wonder what year that was
Old 12-11-2008, 05:52 PM   #73
Brian
Post Whore!

That was DRIFT SHOWOFF.

Back then they brought out Koguchi in the red 180, Komatsu in the sparkle blue 180 with 15 face, Bai in the orange S15, and Seigo Yamamoto in the green and black 100 chaser.
That was wild.
Koguchi doing burnouts through crowds of people.
I had a BUNCH of photos of that event, but my AT THE TIME GIRLFRIEND hated cars and deleted every single picture except for 2.

I brought home the rear bumper off the signal 180 and had it for a couple years I think. Then I threw it away.

That was a sick event.

WAIT A SEC.... are you talking about the Option Ikaten that happened at night there. Nomuken drove the Signal 180 and... I think Tarzan drive the orange 15.
That one?
Option Ikaten was before Drift Showoff.
That was pretty cool too.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #74
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

ummm it was during the day

im sorry but i have the worst memory

i remember someone crashing and the exhaust falling off and the car lost a shit load of power
Old 12-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #75
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Did you ride in Dave's civic too??
I never actually saw Dave's civic in person, but Dave was there that night too.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:13 PM   #76
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Deftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-known
Bought mine in 2003. Completely stock. Still has a LONG ways to go until I'm even close to being satisfied.

As it sits now:
Old 12-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #77
KingKong8247
Zilvia Junkie

KingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to KingKong8247
Bought my first coupe on 8-20-2002. I found the original date because I posted it on here.

I'm sure I have pictures somewhere, just have to find one. I wanted one since 01 but didn't have my license. Was given a car when I got my license but eventually got rid of that and bought a 89 240sx with 108k miles and a nice blue paint job. The chassis was pretty rusted so I got another non-rusted coupe about two years ago.

So i have only had 2 chassis' but I've since rebuilt that original SOHC engine and turboed it and it is still being used every day.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #78
racepar1
Post Whore!

Ok, show of hands. Who was at the first US D1GP event in '02 (I believe) at irwindale? I was sooo happy when Tanaguchi crashed in the final run! I was rooting for Ueno and his 86 all day!

Old 12-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #79
lilredstiffy
Zilvia Addict

lilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to lilredstiffy Send a message via AIM to lilredstiffy
some old pictures for me up to present

KEEP CHARLIE MERCER BANNED HES A GOOD FOR NOTHING RACIST
lilredstiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #80
fastandlow
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
fastandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
memories
My pops owned a s13 back in 97 it was auto sittin on 17'' chrome rims every one thought he was crazy putting that size rim on his car, remember people trying to still it every night, had chicken wire under the car, alarm,2000wt sound system and cut off switchs someone stole it one night only got down the street abouth 150ft funny but my pops was pissed sold it in 2000 for about 6500 to some old dude

My first one was a red 90 s13 fastback 5spdback in 03. Payed $500 had a bad head gasket didnt know it at the time drove it, over heated on me about 60 miles from my hose drove it back turned off on me a couple times made it 10 miles from my house (worst day off my life) had the car towed home did the head gasket but it never ran good again had bad pistons, sold it for $500 to someone that needed a shell.

My current one is a red 95 se 5spd bpught it in florida Oct 08 drove it from Florida to Conneticut to Colordo in 9 days

sorry i dont have any pics im currently in Iraq
fastandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:53 PM   #81
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstiffy View Post

It looked better without the bodykit.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #82
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Quote:
It looked better without the bodykit.
I agree that one highway picture was best IMO
Old 12-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #83
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
I bought mine in 2003, I had no idea what it was, I knew it was RWD, and thought it was decently fun to drive.

I was so proud, then I got hit by a minivan...then I flat blacked her...which made me more proud lol

Pic from after the accident, and when I had started to buy steelies to replace the god awful wheel that came on the car.

finally with SE wheels, before the paint day.

then the paint day 3 years ago..

i replaced the fucked up fender a couple days later when i finally got my hands on one. so ignore the fucked one in this picture.

and so on...

Old 12-11-2008, 07:15 PM   #84
Chamb-O
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Chamb-O is a jewel in the roughChamb-O is a jewel in the roughChamb-O is a jewel in the roughChamb-O is a jewel in the roughChamb-O is a jewel in the roughChamb-O is a jewel in the roughChamb-O is a jewel in the roughChamb-O is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
bought in 2002 for $280 and put another ka24e in
circa 2003-4 when I swapped in a 5spd

No longer active^^^

current

/whore]
Chamb-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #85
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Circa 2003

14x6 +20 280ZX wheels, 15x7 0 Enkei mesh yo!

This car was the biggest piece of shit but I thought it was the greatest thing since Crunch Berries

I'm the guy with the sweet afro

1 wheel peel yo!

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #86
TiNMAN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
TiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TiNMAN
cant find any pics of my whip on this comp

got my first S in spring of 03 or maybe 02? i forget...

ask the bohan

I AM LEGIT.
TiNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #87
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Taken in 2004 I believe, with a few members on Zilvia.

ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #88
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
Wouldnt call myself a og but for sure never got into them for drifting really didnt know what it was when I was in 8th grade and wanted one. Grew up around turbo cars and just wanted a fast turboed import and loved rwd haha. So when I was 15 one night found a 27k orginal mileage 91. Bought it the next day for 3 grand.

added coilovers and suspension arms

z32 brakes and gaymax wheels cause i was saving for bigger and better things

fully built ka-t 400hp of fun

Now 3 years later being 18 its my dd which is fun and not fun but its been one fun time and can't wait for warmer weather again to push the boost too the mid 20's.

Last edited by pinkarrowsnow; 12-11-2008 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: uhh
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:58 PM   #89
RedStage
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Loved Silvia's since I arrived in Japan in 1993. First car was a U11 Bluebird. It's transmission went, and then I was coaxed into getting the dark blue Silvia by my wife. It's been game on ever since.

Circa 1995

Circa 1997

Funny, when I sold this the Japanese kid buying it kept saying "Initial D mitai"
Had no idea what the hell an "Initial D" was....

Circa 2002

RedStage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:58 PM   #90
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

OTG Vinyl is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't owned one yet, but I remember back in 2002 or so, I saw a white Kouki S14 at the dealer and had to stop in. Test drove it, liked it, but it was just too slow. This was before the easiness of engine swaps like today, so I figured it was always going to be that slow and left it at that. Then I got back in my nitrous-fed 2000 Mustang and drove home.

OTG Vinyl is offline   Reply With Quote