Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:05 AM   #121
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
For the Past week I have been working on my subframe and Crossmember. A complete PITA with little or no return other than aesthetic. However, After Using a Combination of PAint Stripper (The same stuff I used to strip my car) to remove paint, Pain thiner to clean and Naval Jelly to remove rust with a Die Grinder and wire wheel attachment I was able to finally get them read to go. This is what the subframe looked like as I started.

I decided to play around with some silver paint that I picked up at the hardware store and paint the crossmember with it as kind of a base coat before I put the permanent color on there. I also painted the subframe with it but had to remove it to fix little imperfections in my prep work that were irritating me.

Once this was complete a friend of mine laid a nice coat of metallic purple that he mixed up followed by another coat and a few coats of clear. I thought the results were nice.

I also got the suspension arms from NAMS (Nagisa Auto Motorsports) this week, which include Fender Braces, Front Lower Control Arms, Rear Lower Control Arms, Tension Rods, Traction Rods, Toe Rods, Rear Upper Control Arms. They are kinda blingy but they are also pretty high quality and should be just fine under the stresses of whatever kind of driving I am doing.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2007, 09:41 AM   #122
ladiesman8527
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i cant wait until this thing is done. freakin amazing.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:52 AM   #123
Nachtmensch
Zilvia Addict

Nachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond repute
looks awsome man. keep up the great work
Old 10-07-2007, 09:57 AM   #124
swpdwgn
Leaky Injector

swpdwgn is making a name for him/her selfswpdwgn is making a name for him/her selfswpdwgn is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to swpdwgn
the parts just keep flowing in like water... jesus..

lovin the flames on the motor. looks like you got the idea from c&y sports? they do that to alot of their jz motors and rb's
Old 10-07-2007, 09:58 AM   #125
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Did Scott powdercoat the subframe?

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Old 10-07-2007, 10:11 AM   #126
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Paint all the arms the same shade of purple. Make it look like you ran over Barney.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #127
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Dam front lower control arms!
Old 10-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #128
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Paint all the arms the same shade of purple. Make it look like you ran over Barney.
hahahaha I was thinking the same thing (minus the Barney bit ) You should paint the arms too.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:22 PM   #129
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
shiiiiiit, you make me so mad I didnt repaint all of my suspension parts and subframe in the x-million times I have had my LS1FC3S apart over the past 4 years wtf.

your project looks GREAT~!
more pics!
cannot wait to see the finished ride all shiny like new and ROMPING the gas in a tire shredding WOT pull!!!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #130
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpdwgn View Post
the parts just keep flowing in like water... jesus..

lovin the flames on the motor. looks like you got the idea from c&y sports? they do that to alot of their jz motors and rb's

Nah, C&Y mainly uses solid colors that fade in and out, but they also use alot of sheet metal trim in their engine bays, which I do plan to do. The idea for the valve covers really came from a chopper. There was a bike show here a while back while I was building the motor and I really admired the attention to detail that was put into the bikes from construction on, so I decided to do the same thing, outlandish paint and alot of polished stuff. So far so Good.

C&Y has a shop down here in Okinawa now and I used to live right across the street from them, but since I have moved I only make it down there occasionally (When they have something for sale that I want or I hear of a different car that is cool). I have never seen them use flames though.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #131
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
dude, paint the arms. do it
Old 10-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #132
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
cleaning the subframes are a PITA!!!!! when i cleaned mine to paint it, it had a bunch of the rubberized undercoating... i scrubbed on that think for like 3 days. the only thing that would take the undercoating off was gas. but nice build man!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #133
G-Wagon

G-Wagon is an unknown quantity at this point
keep up the great work
Old 10-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #134
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

Sil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Eighty SE-K
wow....im usually not considered a jealous type person but..... o wait....yeah i am.... i HATE YOU! lol....keep it up this shit is better than surfing for p0rn
Old 10-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #135
fueled by hate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
fueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Just curious, what brand of tools and tool boxes are popular in Japan. Saw a few boxes in the backround and didn't recognize anything.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #136
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
suscribed. this thread excites me.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:37 PM   #137
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
painted arms=chipped paint eventually.. Esp. on lowers
Old 10-08-2007, 12:28 AM   #138
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Did Scott powdercoat the subframe?
No, we painted them up there at Hansen with regular old automotive paint.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:29 AM   #139
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
painted arms=chipped paint eventually.. Esp. on lowers
You are correct and that is why these things will remain chrome. Most likely will throw a coat of some hardcore protectant (clear) on there but that is about it.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:39 AM   #140
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
rightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
this car is going to be amazing when its done.. keep up the good work..
Old 10-08-2007, 01:21 AM   #141
TonKpilS14
BANNED

TonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TonKpilS14
Do you own a shop or r u just balln'

what do u do for a living ... god damn

thats some serious cash.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:19 AM   #142
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonKpilS14 View Post
Do you own a shop or r u just balln'

what do u do for a living ... god damn

thats some serious cash.
I do all my work at a hobby shop. I just pay for the bay time there and since I bring my own welding supplies they usually do not charge me for anything since I even kick cash towards the gas bottles.

Ballin? Nah, not really, I save for and plan what the next step will be very carefully. I also sold my GTR in order to focus on this project which saved me a metric shit ton of cash. I am a Marine but I do some stuff on the side here and there as well in order to fund the habit.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:08 AM   #143
drifting_changed_mylife
Zilvia Junkie

drifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to drifting_changed_mylife
hurry up man!!! i wanna see it finished!!! +100000 beautiful work
Old 10-08-2007, 05:55 AM   #144
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
awesome, thanks for the updates.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:45 AM   #145
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
I do all my work at a hobby shop. I just pay for the bay time there and since I bring my own welding supplies they usually do not charge me for anything since I even kick cash towards the gas bottles.

Ballin? Nah, not really, I save for and plan what the next step will be very carefully. I also sold my GTR in order to focus on this project which saved me a metric shit ton of cash. I am a Marine but I do some stuff on the side here and there as well in order to fund the habit.
sounds like a man-whore. Your build keeps getting better. nice work.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:18 AM   #146
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
lookin good , keep up the god work, and that is exactly how i painted my tool box and alve cover.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:06 AM   #147
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Finished up some more work today. The car is getting masked off right now in preparation for the next stage in the paint work. Meanwhile, I painted the diff pumpkin and polished the diff cover, got the subframe bushings put into the subframe and modified the bumper with two Billion Carbon ducts just to get some extra air flow through the intercooler and to add a touch of originality. Pics Below as usual.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:59 AM   #148
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Awesome as usual sir. I'm loving the purple S-Frame and the polished pieces. That thing is gonna look money under there. Keep it up!
Old 10-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #149
Rasty180SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
Rasty180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rasty180SX
Clean job on the ducts....I like that!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #150
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
damn

msglngth

Review Thread
Closed Thread