Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #31
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Im 6ft, 145 lbs. Wish I was shorter in this instance haha

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #32
yota man
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
yota man is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know what you mean. I'm 6'1 and have about a 100 pounds on you. I can barely fit in there with a helmet on and a stock seat. Kind of have to do the head cocked thing.
yota man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #33
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
haha, yeah I can fit into some pretty skinny seats, but the head room with aftermarket seats in this car is killing me. With my solara, I dropped in corbeau cr1, sparco tornios, and a bride fixed back with bottom mount rails and I dropped a good 3". You couldnt even see my shoulder from the side of the car, haha. I guess that was because I started out with old lady seats... oh well.

In other news, I think i have decided to go with Q45 calipers, ss lines, brembo blanks, and hawk hps pads for the front of the car. I really wanted to do wilwoods, but I dont really plan to track the car aside from an autocross or two, so i dont think i need to spend the money.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #34
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
If you're just going to street the car, I say just go with SS lines and good pads. You don't want to mess up the brake balance for emergency stops.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #35
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I dont think Q45 calipers are going to mess with the brake Bias much, I dont think it will be a problem from what I have read.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #36
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Everything is removed to drop the diff and rear subframe, just going to take some wiggling. The bushings are smoked, so I am glad I am replacing them. Might as well do swaybars while they are off as well. I also ordered a Nagisa rail, should be here next week and I can bolt the seat up. I will have new pics up by monday, hopefully with the subframe completely removed.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #37
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Havent updated in a bit, but things are coming together. I picked up some new fluid for the VLSD and plan to change that this weekend, as well as get it cleaned up and painted. My seat rail came last night, so Im bolting it all up tonight. My 180sx tails come today as well, brake rotors for the fornt show up tomorrow. I have been super busy, but set aside lots of time this weekend to make it happen. New pics with progress will be up by sunday night!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #38
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Finally, some current pics. Havent had much time to work this week as I have been spending a lot of time with the lady. Going to work on it tomorrow night though!

Bumper mocked up, going to fit lip when I can borrow a sawzall:

Corbeau FX1 Pro with Nagisa Low Rail:

B&M Short Shifter, NISMO knob, Defi Gauges and Vent Pod:

Subframe and diff dropped, bushings destroyed haha:

Hole and wiper free hatch I am installing (going to spray bomb for now before I install it):

JDM Kouki Tails:

Obligatory "Pile of Parts" build pic:

Rotora Q45 Slotted Rotors with the Gram Lights:

Not as baller as Wilwood or Stoptech, but better than what i had:

Gonna get some work done on the car tomorrow night. Valve cover is all powdercoated, just have to pick it up. Im gonna keep the camera there and start posting pics more often as it comes together, w00t!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:08 PM..
Old 03-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #39
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
I don't know if you want to do sway bars. If you have coils then you usually don't need them.

Stuff looks good though.

I'm getting a black hatch on Saturday actually.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:31 AM   #40
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

eh maybe, we'll see. Im still researching. Sways on my previous cars have always made a huge difference, even with coilovers.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-20-2009, 07:41 AM   #41
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

New pics of my mess. Valve cover powdercoated, HKS oil cap, put the spray bombed wingless/wiperless hatch on after the pics were taken, CDM seatbelt swap with panels, etc.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:09 PM..
Old 03-20-2009, 11:17 AM   #42
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
woot q45 brakes haha

nice build! reminds me of my car.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #43
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

thanks!

Here is some crap I did tonight... drained both diffs and pulled the covers (pretty sure I need to use the open diff cover to run the vlsd, but I am not positive.) I also had the kind of fun but very smelly task of burning the bushings from my subframe, arms, and spindles. Tomorrow I have to cut out all of the metal inserts and prep everything for paint, maybe spray some if we get time.

fire!!!:

All Burned out (subframe not completely yet):

Diffs drained:

ZOMG VLSD:

A bushing burned out... need to cut out the metal sleeves still:

Spray-bombed hatch, needs clear and wetsanding still... if I feel it is worth it, haha:

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:15 PM..
Old 03-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #44
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Unfortunately, my subframe bushings do not fit they are too small and fall out of the subframe. I guess when people say that they fit s14 and s13, that might not be true. I am ordering some SPL aluminum ones tonight, so hopefully it wont take long and we can get this party started!

Here are some pics from today- I got all of the other bushings pressed in and repainted the spindles, arms, and subframe. I also clear coated the hatch, just needs some wetsanding action. I also mocked up the front lip, just need to bolt the bumper on and mount it for real. It is coming along quickly and smoothly now!!

Painting shtuff...

Subframe:

Lip w/ duct tape mod:

Another brake pic:

Bushings pressed in and repainted, 5 lug:

More soon, tires will be here this week and the subframe bushings should be in within a week.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:18 PM..
Old 03-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #45
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
what color did you paint your valve cover, it looks really nice.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:10 AM   #46
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
^^It looks like wrinkle red.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:26 AM   #47
gyula hlavati
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
gyula hlavati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I love that red finish on the valve cover.Is it wrinkle finish?
gyula hlavati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #48
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

yep, wrinkle red powdercoat. Not the most original in the world I suppose, but I like how it came out! I ordered SPL Aluminum subframe bushings and they are back ordered for 3-4 days, so it sounds like they will show up mid to late next week. Can't wait to get it back on the ground and slammed.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #49
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Still looking good man. This is getting me excited for my black hatch!

SPL bushings make your diff LOUD. You probably know that, but just thought I'd remind you.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:11 AM   #50
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Yeah thanks man, I have a buddy on the west side who just installed them and told me it isnt bad at all, so not TOO worried. Would have liked to rock the energy bushings, but didnt know I had to leave those collars in... oh wells.

Not much to update yet, been sick the past couple days and out of town... waiting on SPL.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #51
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

oh snap, always wanted this bad boy...

w00t!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:19 PM..
Old 03-30-2009, 12:09 AM   #52
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
wered u get those angled pod holders for the gauges?

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #53
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I got them from summit I am pretty sure...

Gauge Mount Angle Rings - summitracing.com

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #54
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
^^ Autometer sells them
Old 03-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #55
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I got them from summit I am pretty sure...

Gauge Mount Angle Rings - summitracing.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromxtor View Post
^^ Autometer sells them
nice thanx gents, ive been looking for something like these...i used to think they were just Visor units like other gauges have, not an actual piece to angle the gauge...woot

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #56
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

yeah no doubt, I like the way they are sitting in my car right now.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #57
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
I was reading about your headroom problem...you could do the floor hump removal like this. race seats mounted for tall people - FreshAlloy.com Forums
My buddy is like 6'6" and he runs that same seat. His helmet clearence is pretty much nill, so we may be working on his floor here soon...lol

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #58
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

lol damn... what a bummer. I was considering pickup up a nicer seat, like a recaro pole position, but I think it is going to be the same deal... I am about 6'1", so it isn't TOO bad. I gain a couple of inches in clearance if I rock without the seat cushion, which would suck for long drives but I don't think would bother me at autocross or something.

Thanks for the link though! I had a friend do that on his coupe with a Bride Zeta III and it was awesome to sit in and drive...

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #59
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Interior is pretty much in, just need to wrap the glove box and door panels:

w00t for canadian seatbelt swaps... aside from needing a headliner. The battery box is not mounted yet, but I think it will stay in that general area. Subframe bushings arrive friday, should make good progress this weekend.

I'm told I need a shinier battery box :lol:

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:21 PM..
Old 04-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #60
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Well I managed to get one of the stubborn subframe inserts off tonight. It twas a great victory after about 12 dremel cutting bits :lol:

Can't believe how corroded these were... would not budge for anything. The funny thing is the two rear bushings slid right off effortlessly.

The other side, which needs to come off next:

Going to get the other one removed friday, just in time for the subframe bushings to arrive. Should be a good weekend I hope!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 12:22 PM..