Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:59 PM   #91
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftwerks View Post
at this point i think the wing is more functionality, than anything, yes looks boss, but, this car will be drifting fast, wind would def help stabalize the car.

water tank in pass area??

how are the hoes gonna ride shotty?
hahaha. I saw the single recaro and i thought you were goin solo style. But with a car that baller....you gotta let them hoes ride!!

But again...is the ice water spray really necessary for just the radiator? I know it's popular on intercoolers to lower intake temps...but shouldn't your coolant be at a good temp with that radiator?

Last edited by 96Turbo; 03-30-2008 at 11:43 PM..
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #92
afro88
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
afro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really niceafro88 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
i'm assuming the ice water tank in the trunk is for your radiator sprayer??? Is that really necessary with a big ass aluminum radiator?? Also, what would have prevented you from mounting it on the passenger side floor?? I bet you just wanted to use another twenty feet of braided line didn't ya

But enough nitpicking. I love the color scheme, love the aero, love the "bash" bars, love the -an maze, I LOVE IT!! and i would marry it
My best guess is he mounted it back there instead of the passenger side floor is because the sump for the dry sump setup is right under the passenger side of the dash, that ish get's hot! I've burned myself on one before. Back there it should be away from alot of heat.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:32 AM   #93
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Johny5 is currently taking donations in the form of more AN lines.

Shit looks good son!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:59 PM   #94
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Geez Stu.

Car looks great.

Awesome.

See you at ASB4
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:20 PM   #95
JVD
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This car is ridiculous. Just ridiculous. No one can compete.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #96
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Where will the roll center be for this platform?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #97
njd07
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (14)
njd07 is close to perfectionnjd07 is close to perfectionnjd07 is close to perfectionnjd07 is close to perfectionnjd07 is close to perfectionnjd07 is close to perfectionnjd07 is close to perfectionnjd07 is close to perfectionnjd07 is close to perfectionnjd07 is close to perfectionnjd07 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via MSN to njd07
wow and I thought I was baller with my ps and turbo an lines..I gotta up my an game now...fuck. haha very cool build dude.
njd07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #98
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Wow...........BALL'N!!!!!

Video please, upon completion!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #99
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
sorry for the late comment... took me a while to step over everyone who is on their knees blowing you...

looking good... coming along quick.

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #100
anyotherone
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
anyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Yessir... doin it big Texas style. Nice to see some badass progress!

We're def gonna have to roll on the big D one night when I finish my VH S13.
anyotherone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #101
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
mmmmmmm do work!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #102
CodyW
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
CodyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CodyW
looks amazing so far, can't wait to see it in action! i wanna shoot it for s3 if you're at any east coast events with it this year too.

s3mag.com :: slide-style.com :: codywellons.com
CodyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #103
Zilvia FREAK!

status:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to status:one
Fucking love it. Hope to see this in person soon, keep up the good work.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #104
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
alright, time to get this baby rolling. just ordered every last bit of the final parts this thing needs to be a complete running/competitive car. while we're waiting for hte parts though the work didn't stop, here's the finalized gauge cluster just need to finish right above switch panel where edfc will go

Old 04-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #105
Suk02Si
Zilvia Addict

Suk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfection
Looks good, but I thought the battery cut-off switch was supposed to be easily accessible from the outside? Its been a while, so I don't remember.
Suk02Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #106
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
thats the 2nd cutoff switch for just me, the first one was in the rear taillight panel
Old 04-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #107
Suk02Si
Zilvia Addict

Suk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfection
ah nice, that's where mine used to be
Suk02Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #108
Aeroscraper326
Zilvia Addict

Aeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfectionAeroscraper326 is close to perfection
Looks amazing.

Wing is super hot

I wanna see this shit drive

ASB4

Aeroscraper326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #109
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Fucking RAD build man!

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #110
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
helllllllllll yea stu...... i know MW is BS compared to nopi but hope to see this beast there one day
Old 04-21-2008, 08:10 AM   #111
Johny5
Post Whore!

fuel setup. aeromotive fpr, paxton filter, flared oem lines to accept an (no fakey barbs here son!)

hid and police strobes, brightest ones i've had yet!!!

finished front harness, total of 6 wires going to inside car from front haha

heatwrap inside all of firewall

pulled motor...

..to do this

arp rod bolts

double roller timing chain kit

high flow oil pump

gm "hot" cam

upgraded springs, no doubles because no high rpm
-under drive pulley
-meziere water pump
-ls6 intake mani
-gto pan/pickup
-under drive ps pump pulley
-truck series coil packs (bit stronger)
-exedy hyper single
-full new gasket kit
-1 pc driveshaft

thats about all my motor gets, should be pretty stout!!

time to wire, this is my FIRST full car harness that i made completely from scratch, ever.

starting

made my own relay/fuse panel under dash. inside of dash it has white led dome lamps for at-night trouble shooting and all the relays are fused with fuses that light up when they blow. trouble shooting will be MEGA easy!

ohhhhhh

much more soon, car driving around this coming weekend!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:16 AM   #112
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
looking great. keep up the good work.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #113
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

rican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to rican_nick
shit looks awesome. Good job man

My Seller's Review Thread
rican_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #114
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Nice as always bro.
But I am guessing I will be seeing your Red 14 in NJ NOPI, not this puppy?
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #115
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
cam swap on LS1= cake especially when its out fo the car. My friend and I did his in his trans am in a litle over 6 hoursand that included spring change and timing belt as well
TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:32 AM   #116
Johny5
Post Whore!

haha word it was suuuuuper easy!!

fortunately this will be the car i have with me at NJ if all goes well i'm gonna be dyno'ing it this weekend then doing nothing but testing with it all next week!!

finished up my rear harness and loomed it. similar to the front, this harness only has 5 wires for radiator water sprayer pump, fuel pump, brake lights, running lights, 12v constant. also added a neat little dual relay/dual fuse panel back there for super quick diagnosis of water sprayer/fuel pump problems...

the start

convenient relay box

finished!! its not super special by any means but its how i've built about every harness for this car so far. 5 days of tedious headbanging on the desk shit!

super nice super rice AN bulkhead for the accusump!

just got transmission and motor mounts back from welder...

those brackets weld to frame rail then the motor plates bolt to them in 3 spots, yay! sooooooooo close
Old 04-21-2008, 11:28 AM   #117
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
looking good. too pretty to get busted up on the track.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #118
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
comin' along veryyyyyyyy nicely..... cant wait for vids!
Old 04-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #119
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
god this thing is so sick.....

i can't wait to see this at Nopi
Old 04-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #120
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I can't wait to see it at starbucks.

Lets pose and take pics.

Uuuunnnnnnffffffff