Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-24-2016, 12:49 AM   #1
Btaztic

Trader Rating: (0)
Btaztic will become famous soon enoughBtaztic will become famous soon enoughBtaztic will become famous soon enoughBtaztic will become famous soon enoughBtaztic will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
97 KA24DE Series of CELs

Hello guys,

I recently got my engine rebuilt with forged internals, and ARP hardware. After getting it back the CEL was on, and the crankshaft or either the distributor went bad (car wasn't getting spark). After having replaced the distributor the car still has a series of CELs. I bought a OBDII scanner and got a bunch of codes. Some of them are repeated twice. Some say generic stored, generic pending, and Nissan pending. Not sure what difference any of that makes, but they have continued to come back after having been cleared.

These are the codes.

P0115 x2
P0505 x2
P0130
P1441 x2
P0443 x2
P0135
P0141
P0446 x2
P1400 x2
P1105 x2

The car dies at idle sometimes and bogs while driving. Sometimes the car is difficult to start up after it has died. It often times needs throttle to get it to start and to keep the idles up not moving. The IACV has been replaced, and the problem persist along with the codes. The O2 sensor is practically new, and pigtail for the sensor was replaced as that was fried, yet the codes for that still come back too.

I'm at a dead end as I can't seem to get any of these codes to go away and my car isn't drivable 90% of the time. I'm not great at trying to diagnose these issues as I don't have the tools, equipment, or technical knowledge to solve them.

I've been told that all the EVAP parts have been reinstalled correctly along with any other emission stuff however this stuff hasn't ever been an issue prior to the rebuild. I just want to get to the bottom of the issue so I can drive my car like normal again and have this off my shoulders so I can sleep at night.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated or if anyone knows of someone who can possibly solve the issue. Thank you guys in advance.
Btaztic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2018, 09:00 AM   #2
240sx209
Leaky Injector

240sx209 is an unknown quantity at this point
Having the same issue , did you ever figure it out ?
240sx209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:18 AM   #3
Btaztic

Btaztic will become famous soon enoughBtaztic will become famous soon enoughBtaztic will become famous soon enoughBtaztic will become famous soon enoughBtaztic will become famous soon enough
So I did the unthinkable and just took it to Nissan in DTLA and they found that multiple parts of my harness were ruined after the rebuild. So I just had them repair the harness.
Btaztic is offline   Reply With Quote