Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
jontron5000
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
jontron5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Fuel Pressure Regulator + SR20DET Swap

Hey guys,

I have completed my SR20DET into my S13 hatch a few months ago and it drives around perfectly fine, minus the idling problem here and there. I have been noticing very poor gas mileage (17-20 mpg, city/hwy driving, little to no boosting at all and shifting around 3500 rpm). I have seen people posting their fuel efficiency with nearly the same exact setup and they are up in the high 20's to low 30's.

Upon researching this issue, people have suggested to changing to an aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator when upgrading the fuel pump to a Walbro 255 high flow (A pump I am currently running with the stock FPR). I do notice a small hit of gas near the front of the car which people have claimed is an issue related to the FPR.

So my question is, is replacing the stock FPR to an aftermarket AFPR when installing a high flow fuel pump with the SR20 swap an important step of the swap I have missed? According to the swap write ups I followed when doing this install, none of them had mentioned anything about FPR so I would like some input on the issue

Thanks!