Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-21-2015, 05:57 PM   #1
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Car Speakers (Audiophile/Producer)

So the speakers I have in my car I just got are recently blow and the previous owner never got the rear speakers to work with his radio unit.

I come from a pretty heavy music background and produce a bit so naturally I want my car to sound as clean as possible. Not looking to have a massive sound system but something similar to what I listen to daily listening which are yammah hs7 which imo are amazing speakers for casual listening and mixing.

Any specific speakers out there that are fairly flat and clean? For my door speakers looking for a range 150+23khz and then have a sub in the hatch which will be 15' the biggest.

I'll be fine with setting up the wiring and everything but im pretty indecisive when it comes to things relating to music lol. Most the speakers ive seen are from best buy and new egg. I doubt they're that good for 50$ Im also looking at deadening the car so it doesnt have that obnoxious rattle and shaking.

Any recommendations for speakers, radio units, or a sub would be appreciated!

Plus do any of you guys run tweeters or just have single speakers in your doors?
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
jscherf92
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
jscherf92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
check out sonicelectronix.com or cructchfield.com for more automotive focused stuff. Look into the higher end infinity and jbl stuff. I set mine up with Alpine Type-S 6.5" components in the front, 6.5" coaxials in the rear and a Type-R 12" sealed enclosure sub on a 5 channel Hifonics amplifier and I couldn't be happier for what I spent. All controlled through a Sony CDX-GT930ui head unit with no issues to speak of. As far as sound deadening, fatmat, hushmat, dynamat, etc. Obviously the front coaxials have separate tweeters which really help to bring up the sound stage.

Typically car speakers are a slightly different range and composition than you might be used to, expect something like 40-40kHz for the mids/highs and 25-300Hz for sub/lows. Keep an eye out for higher sensitivity and be sure to try and match your RMS wattage between the amplifier(s) and drivers.
jscherf92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:08 PM   #3
seagrasser
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
seagrasser is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Run separates up front, ditch your rear speakers, get a good sub.

Two channel amp and dedicated sub amp. Invest in a good head unit.

For the separates, look into:
Hybrid Audio Technologies
Morel
Arc Audio
Hertz
Custom (I assembled my own based on what I was looking for)

For a sub, get something that is clean and has a well designed motor;
Dayton audio reference or ultimax
Peerless
Morel
TC sounds
Plenty out there

Good power amps are a lot cheaper than they used to be. Research and find something that fits your budget. Really like Arc's line of amps

Head units: check out Crutchfield and BestBuy. Pioneer, Alpine, and Kenwood (mid priced units) all seem to be fine.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:12 PM   #4
seagrasser
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
seagrasser is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Spend some time looking around here

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...o-classifieds/
Old 04-22-2015, 07:40 AM   #5
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys! I'll checkout all the website when I get enough cash, ill order everything in one go. The only issue I have with amps and any analog relate things is ground and background noise. I cant stand it, my main goal is to reduce any noise from the amps and reduce any rattling in my doors and hatch.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:20 PM   #6
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
beyma beyma beyma
digital designs
dc audio
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #7
krampus

krampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Shop used. Alpine SPX, Sundown Audio, Digital Designs, etc. Use sound dampening materials first and foremost.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:56 AM   #8
koukidriver
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
koukidriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to koukidriver
Check out hybrid audio they have a wide level of audio from entry level to pro audio. The best I have come across. Here is the link http://hybrid-audio.com. and while your at it look at the most cleanest example of their company promo car S14 I have ever seen.
koukidriver is offline   Reply With Quote