Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
sherlockhomeboy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
sherlockhomeboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Power Steering hose replacement problems. HELP!!

Hey spuds,
So I am in the middle of replacing my main power steering hose due to some heavy squirtage from the pressurized fitting at the tip of the hose. I already have my replacement hose and began the replacement procedure and ran into some chunky issues. My main is the issue of the 14mm nut on the lower fitting of the hose connecting it to the hard line. I went at it for a long time with a 14 and then with vice grips, had an extremely hard time of keeping tension as everything would flex, and I don't have much room since I still have my emissions and ac. Anyways it seems as part of the 14mm nut has rounded, so I went and got a 14mm flare wrench and the nut is too damaged to use it. I've been searching and only really came up on 1 write up and one discussion, and they didn't really clarify if it is mandatory to fully remove the hardlines from the rack and pinion, or can I just remove that 14mm nut and the 16 from the fitting and the banjo bolt up top and remove just the hose? I have been going at removing that 14 for hours and even with vice grips and having a friend hold down the lines from the bottom, I have been unsuccessful at breaking the nut loose, it is ON THERE! Is my only option to now remove the lines completely from the rack?

I have also read about removing that 10mm bolt holding the bracket for the lines like right beneath the motor mount and had issues removing this as well, was considering just dropping the cross member about an inch to gain some accessibility. Does anyone else have any tips?

If anyone has any tips on when they changed their hose, please elaborate!!
By the way it's a ka24de.
sherlockhomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
sherlockhomeboy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
sherlockhomeboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Anybody????
sherlockhomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote