Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #91
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Such 4x4.

VQ Build Insta
Jissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2014, 11:31 AM   #92
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
Looks good! I'm still back and forth about putting fender flares on mine. Not sure if I'll like it with the two tone or not...
souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:45 AM   #93
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I think you're reading that rule wrong, it's still just same manufacturer.

The engine block has to be the same manufacturer as the original motor in the car.

It's still open for SM.

As far as slaying SM, maybe locally, but on a national level you need about 400whp and 315s all around. Come play on nissanroadracing.com to see the national level builds.

Are you still running the 6k/4k rate on the v3s? (i thought that's what they came with). Bump that up a few notches, too

Also, full sphericals in back, s14 subframe (just use the deflection of the stock rubber bushing) and a proper diff.

I don't have a nationals level car, still running stock fenders with 245s all around. I do great locally, but the step to nats is tough and I'm undertired.

Also sil front isn't nationally legal for SM either because non-oem bumper support and repositioning the headlights (I have one, too). You're probably like me, though, where it doesn't matter so much. My car will never be nationally competitive and no one locally will protest over that, so fuck it.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #94
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I think you're reading that rule wrong, it's still just same manufacturer.

The engine block has to be the same manufacturer as the original motor in the car.

It's still open for SM.

As far as slaying SM, maybe locally, but on a national level you need about 400whp and 315s all around. Come play on nissanroadracing.com to see the national level builds.

Are you still running the 6k/4k rate on the v3s? (i thought that's what they came with). Bump that up a few notches, too

Also, full sphericals in back, s14 subframe (just use the deflection of the stock rubber bushing) and a proper diff.

I don't have a nationals level car, still running stock fenders with 245s all around. I do great locally, but the step to nats is tough and I'm undertired.

Also sil front isn't nationally legal for SM either because non-oem bumper support and repositioning the headlights (I have one, too). You're probably like me, though, where it doesn't matter so much. My car will never be nationally competitive and no one locally will protest over that, so fuck it.
Yeah, locally it should do pretty good, and everyone is telling me to just stay in SM, although I really still think the rules want motors that came in the chassis' from factory. Sil front is a bummer for sure, didn't consider that facet.

Nobody here cares and I'm not out for sponsorship. I just want a few FTD under the car's belt. I definitely need a good Z33 LSD eventually since the viscous isn't up to par, and will probably overheat and become open during a drift event.

I loved reading about J-Rho's car on nissanroadracing.com, as well as a few other mental builds. Some other complete tube chassis race specific cars are WAY out of my league (which isn't hard to do) I guess it just frustrates me the level of non-amateur'ness that these guys are on, and having to compete against them. Guess that's just racing.

VQ Build Insta
Old 02-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #95
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
AceinHole has won a couple national championships now.

Tube chassis =/= SM.

I will insist that your'e reading the rule wrong and still fine for SM.

Quote:
Engine block must be ... badged the same as the original standard ... engine for that model.
The engine badges have to match. that's it.

Nissan -> nissan.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #96
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
AceinHole has won a couple national championships now.

Tube chassis =/= SM.

I will insist that your'e reading the rule wrong and still fine for SM.

The engine badges have to match. that's it.

Nissan -> nissan.
Still fine for SM, locally, restricted from national level due to the Sil-front that is? (being competitive is another issue, LOL, such as lack of: horsepower, weight reduction, suspension, ...)

Was reading about AceinHole in the results issue of the SCCA magazine. AMAZING car, and the GTR that he beat running similar livery. I'm guessing they know each other... O.o

And I can't believe he beat the GTR! Wasn't that car running stupid wide Hoosiers x4?!

I spent about a week.5 reading Jason Merritt's build. Awesome stuff.

VQ Build Insta
Old 02-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #97
e1_griego
Post Whore!

The GTR is from the NW, PJ is on the east coast.

GTR runs 345 A6s all around.

You'll only get protested if you start winning. For me, that's not an issue at all so I don't worry about it.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #98
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jissan View Post
It just looks like too much fun.

They're all and I'm all
i lol'd
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #99
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Got tired of cooking my gasoline due to exhaust nearly touching fuel lines. Heat shield or not, the car progressively runs like shit after an hour and ECU throws a fuel temp code. Ordered a bunch of AN crap. Shit is expensive. Not happy about it.

VQ Build Insta
Old 03-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #100
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

do you have any pics of how close your exhaust comes to the fuel lines? i'm building my headers right now and i'm concerned with proximity to the fuel lines. i have the lines heat sleeve wrapped and i'll be wrapping the headers too.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:39 PM   #101
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
do you have any pics of how close your exhaust comes to the fuel lines? i'm building my headers right now and i'm concerned with proximity to the fuel lines. i have the lines heat sleeve wrapped and i'll be wrapping the headers too.
Yeah, I ran my own fuel lines because the exhaust was boiling my fuel and I'm against vapor lock in relation to combustibles; also FIRE. I ran all stainless braided teflon and a ??? micron inline fuel filter. I'm using 5/16 to AN adapters until I get a fuel cell. I'll have to post some pics in my next "big" post.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to drift - and failing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjRFP2WKEgQ

Raw link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hjRFP2WKEgQ

VQ Build Insta

Last edited by Jissan; 04-08-2014 at 10:41 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #102
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

hahahaha

:flails arms in the air:
Old 04-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #103
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Quote:
hahahaha

:flails arms in the air:

I was getting frustrated, LOL!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397001901.694725.jpg

VQ Build Insta
Old 04-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #104
Jissan
Zilvia Member

http://instagram.com/p/miK-64GGIi/

VQ Build Insta
Old 04-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #105
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
You should go road racing and get some real speed going, it's starting to look a lot like my vq35hr race car used to!

Some 275 r-comps will work great once heated up, that's what R6's are great for. 160mph with that V6 torque is a lot of fun.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #106
Jissan
Zilvia Member

VQ35HR S13 Sil-Coupe Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX View Post
You should go road racing and get some real speed going, it's starting to look a lot like my vq35hr race car used to!

That car looks AWESOME! You don't have any build info or more info about road racing the car do you? I've seen pics of that car and always wondered about it.

There was a NASA track day at Nola Motorsports today but I was working. Road racing the car is my ultimate goal.

VQ Build Insta
Old 04-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #107
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
car sounds awesome in that vid dude! congrats on getting it in and running primo!
keep up the great work!
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #108
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
car sounds awesome in that vid dude! congrats on getting it in and running primo!
keep up the great work!
Much appreciated! I've got some updates in the works for my car so stay tuned. Also it's looking like I won't bother making another thread for this red S13 hatch in my driveway and the VQ35DE in my garage.

VQ Build Insta
Old 04-28-2014, 03:45 AM   #109
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
With the drifting just stay at it! Folks make it seem easy which is it...just have to learn your car into doing it then it's second nature....

Wish I had video of me tryna do a simple accelarate into fient drift slide....me and the car looked like it was having a seizure

Yea...one thread just keep adding the awesome
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #110
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Quote:
That car looks AWESOME! You don't have any build info or more info about road racing the car do you? I've seen pics of that car and always wondered about it.

There was a NASA track day at Nola Motorsports today but I was working. Road racing the car is my ultimate goal.
This was my build thread that eventually turned into a thread for everyone's track pics. I think the most recent build pics start on pg 18.

http://http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=90478

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #111
samberscurtis

samberscurtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you run spacers with your rotas? What size are they? I think we have similar wheels and I think I'm going to be hitting my coils.
samberscurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #112
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samberscurtis View Post
Did you run spacers with your rotas? What size are they? I think we have similar wheels and I think I'm going to be hitting my coils.

I don't have any spacers. I have my Tein camber plates almost maxed out and pulling the wheels off the coils via slotted top knuckle mount on the V3s, I'm getting about -0.5° of camber.

My whole daily setup is:
Varrstoen ES220 (V-TES) 17x9.5 +12 square with 275/40R17 BFG G-Force Sport. Could probably use some spacers in the rear since fitment could be better back there. Very tall wheel and tire setup.

VQ Build Insta
Old 06-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #113
dfw350z

dfw350z is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Pursuing weight reduction, I decided to run a custom length 7 rib belt for AC compressor delete. It's been a couple weeks so I'm gonna go ahead and buy another one and pull all the dead weight. For anyone with an HR trying to do an AC delete, it's a Goodyear 4070505 Gatorback Poly-V Belt.
Thanks! I've been struggling trying to find the right belt.
dfw350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:14 PM   #114
Jissan
Zilvia Member

So the solution to my boiling fuel was to run some steel braided PTFE hose through the center channel. 20 feet wasn't enough for a full return system. I'd order more if I were you. Shit is retarded expensive but fuckitYolo.

The following Earl's swag was the medicine for my boiling fuel woes:
Code:
1	361-230106		FUEL FILTER IN-LINE -6AN
2	361-581805		TUBE NUT #5 PR
2	361-581905		TUBE SLEEVE #5 PR
4	361-991907		UNION REDUCER #6-#5
6	361-AT800106		#6 STR HOSE END BLACK
1	023-FCC0620		#6 TEFLON HOSE 20FT
1	361-AT849006		90 DEG. -6 AN TO -6 ANO-T

I fixed the boiling fuel issue and my Subaru-driving neighbor liked the setup so much he got overly excited and put the car into a mailbox. He doesn't halfass anything so he made sure to lose control and plow it straight into an industrial-sized church package post. It did a number on my car, requiring new Silvia headlight supports, corner lights and I still have a good dent in my hood. DANG.

In all honesty I've really gotten attached to the car. Since the last update I've added Moog front ball joints, SPL front tension arms, a Circuit Sports solid steering bushing, various electrical work, heat shielding under-hood, and it all adds up to a car that doesn't really mind what I throw at it... unless it's event day. Then she decides to blow the power steering high pressure line that's been chafing on the lower block. It was like drifting a battleship through peanut butter.

Last event got wet. Was the first time I'd drifted in the wet on purpose. Yeah, I know, "What a douchenozzle!" Whatevs.

Ran across a deal on a hatch from a guy that gave up swapping in a VQ35DE (people give up on builds?). Decided I wanted to build it with my brother. VQ swap round two, GO.

ISIS cooling, TIG welded tractor fenders, engine bay etch primed, painted engine enamel black, Corbeau's bought, BC coils thrown in for good measure. Started on wiring and made some custom, super-beef motor mounts. Found a perfect dash in a yard. Water lines deleted and currently working on the trans mount.

While all this was going on I had a friend buy a wrecked Z06 for a donor LS7 to throw into an E46 M3. His plan was to part out all the extra Vette stuff such as brakes and interior, sell the S54 + SMG trans, and swap the LS into the M3, but when the Vette arrived it was in fantastic shape. He decided to rebuild the Z06 and part out the M3 completely.

The Vette gets a lot of looks.

http://plus.google.com/1079229052182...ts/8tJCRt1E3hq

Car is currently having the frame evaluated at a local body shop. He's got it roadworthy and has a complete rear end ready to drop on the frame as soon as it's gotten the seal of approval. Sadly he's not making a Vette'Camino like everyone has been begging him to build.

Worth mentioning are Jeff's SR S13 (drift) and Fernando's supercharged Fit (autocross). I really enjoy seeing these cars do their thing.

I also picked up a few things, most notable are some RHD interior parts and some rack spacers. Not sure what I'm going to do with them just yet.

Oh, and I got another coupe chassis. I don't know why but I'm sure you'll understand. It's an addiction.

VQ Build Insta
Old 08-23-2014, 11:52 PM   #115
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
Brehhhhhh doing thangs
unwtdhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:00 AM   #116
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
damn, living the life! good shit man
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:31 AM   #117
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

yes! you updated!

this picture brings about so many questions:

i need to come down for a NOLA drift event now that my hooptie is on the road.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:52 AM   #118
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Quote:
yes! you updated!

this picture brings about so many questions:
(pic)

i need to come down for a NOLA drift event now that my hooptie is on the road.

LOL! So that janky weldwhore exhaust goes on Andrew's Corolla wagon. He was getting me to cut out a crappy flange and weld pipe in it's place. Sorry, no custom header work just yet.

http://instagram.com/p/r1Hs4cDXZu/

And yes, you need to get down here. Next event is Sept 28, just not sure if it's going to be at NoProblem or Nola Motorsports.

VQ Build Insta
Old 08-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #119
1GR-FE

1GR-FE is an unknown quantity at this point
I think he was asking about the womens shoes and the vtec cover on the wall
Old 08-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #120
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR-FE View Post
I think he was asking about the womens shoes and the vtec cover on the wall

Oh SNAP! Missed the shoes completely. I think I can answer both questions with one word: "kills" LOLOL!!!

VQ Build Insta