Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #61
engineer17

Trader Rating: (0)
engineer17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by oni jake View Post
What? If you guys really "feel" that way. When the last time you guys went out and voted? When was the last time you took a active step in voicing your opinion? When was the last time you wrote your congressman or senator? You guys do realize they need public opinion to survive in any office they are running, so even if they personally don't agree with your voice, they are still basically required to give you attention.

Secondly, this money that is for the FEDs is pipelined and locked within a budget. These rules are in place to keep money from being transferred, untracked, and gives a specific budget justification.

For example. Lets say the FBI needs a average of $10 per year to operate. But because of the tight budget and fighting with other government organizations to get the most amount of money in the same pot which everyone feeds off of, the FBI must come up with sort of justification why it needs $10 for a up and coming year which no one can predict the future. Sometimes with how things are so unpredictable a entire organization, such as the FBI, only used $7 out of the entire year. So that extra $3 is basically locked and MUST be spent before the end of the fiscal year. This money can't go to other notable things because it's completely unethical. In short it sounds awesome to donate that money to find the cure for AIDS or something like buying school books, but in reality and dealing with any kind of law, any government organization giving money away is a complete waste as you can simply say, "why did we budget you $10 for the entire year in the first place?"

It's retarded but that's how the system fundamentally works for a government to move ahead in the fiscal year. I only know of this because I helped do some budgeting for my job in the Air Force and as much as it upset me at first to waste money, the more I looked into the more it makes sense. Whenever we hit the end of the fiscal year in Vehicle Maintenance and we had left over spare cash we would splurge on completely useless shit. Random $5000 tools that look awesome on paper and get absolutely zero action in the shop? We would have to spend our budget or the next year we get even less money to do our jobs as the number crunchers sit back and think "well they did need $10 last year, so lets just give them $5 this year."

Hopefully all that rambling makes sense. But seriously, if this bothers any of you, bitching about it on the internet, especially Zilvia really really really really accomplishes alot. Take 10 minutes out of your day and write your representing congressman, email the media, take proactive steps. The FBI is paid by people like you, me, and even the foreign assholes who come into the US and buy a Snickers bar. These guys have bosses, and just so be it thanks to democracy these bosses represent you.

well put, and thanks for the info. I think this was enough to get me motivated to atleast write some letters/emails and see where it gets me.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #62
1995240sxfulybuilt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
1995240sxfulybuilt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidetankslide View Post
... in fact, they were.
they are paul's cars, i have seen them personally.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #63
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by oni jake View Post

Secondly, this money that is for the FEDs is pipelined and locked within a budget. These rules are in place to keep money from being transferred, untracked, and gives a specific budget justification.
Well said (entire post)

It's tough for people to understand how federally based budgets work, but (have done similar work as you did with the miltiary), it must be spent...as if it's not, it's essentially 'thrown away'...in the grand scheme, it's better to buy stuff you may not need, than just make XXX dollar vanish into nothingness.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 01-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #64
RB24_S14
Zilvia Junkie

RB24_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali 556 View Post
Good,

Let them go and buy a MKIV supra...R34 Are heavy s hell and under powered on stock RB26CRAPCRAP. And moding these Small lag producing engine will cost you and arm and a leg and your youngest kid,

Go MKIV Supra

YOU FAILLLL!!!!
GET OFF THIS THREAD!
2JZCRAPPP isnt shit. THEY CALL THE SKYLINE GODZILLA FOR A REASON. The same reason why Supra didnt get it was because the Skyline outperformed it in everyyyy way. Heavy? the Supra weights the same. Underpowered? Yea Nissan underpowered it BUT only on paper because of the 1990's Gentlement aggrement not to exceed 280hp. But Skyline produce 300-320hp STOCK.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #65
RB24_S14
Zilvia Junkie

RB24_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I really hope the Skyline owners find a way to keep it. I feel bad for the fellow skyline owners who got their cars seized. Luck to ya!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #66
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
man if I got a letter like that saying they were gonna take my skyline I'd hide it and say I crashed it and it got burned to the ground...maybe give them a crushed, torched POS car and tell them it was my old skyline
Old 01-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #67
Miles (San Antonio)

There is a good article on this in Nissan Sport magazine.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #68
MonkeyWrench

MonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enough
...a little update...

Another Skyline Owner Targeted

Time to "lie low", guys. Or better yet, get involved.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #69
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
who cares

I am not a rich douche bag. if you bought and illegal car you should be prepared to face the music.

if you were stupid enough to pay 20-30k on a grey market car then whatever happens, happens
Old 03-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #70
240Shwag
Zilvia Member

240Shwag is an unknown quantity at this point
I could see them holding the vehicles until they can be disposed of legaly (ie sold), but to crush them is just retarded. It doesn't make sense. They could in theory make some of the money back by allowing the owners to dispose of them and then assessing a fee of some kind.

As said above. The more you hold your opinion back and chuckle about what your government agencies have recently done without doing something yourself, the worse it will get. Get active son. This is why states like California and NJ have lost the majority of its firearms rights.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #71
MonkeyWrench

MonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enough
Well-said, Shwag.

What the previous poster doesn't comprehend is this: Next thing is, they'll be taking away your right to drive a 20-year old USDM car. Or prohibiting any modifications.

Try and pay attention. No one said anything about anyone being "rich" or a douchebag. I suppose you'd think that of me if you saw my garage, and I can assure you that I am neither.

Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 03-02-2011 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: I can't spell for shit
Old 03-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #72
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Shwag View Post
I could see them holding the vehicles until they can be disposed of legaly (ie sold), but to crush them is just retarded. It doesn't make sense. They could in theory make some of the money back by allowing the owners to dispose of them and then assessing a fee of some kind.
They can't be legally sold. Usually you get an opportunity to export it. But, it can't stay in the US legally. Crushing is the most efficient and cost effective.

Do you want them to give the drug dealers back their drugs after they have been seized?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #73
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
In the grand scheme of things, I think it's an overwhelming waste of Uncle Sam's dollar....but at the same moment I do understand 100% that it is not legal.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #74
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
who cares about this shit, its ancient history

for one, these cars can always be imported as track only cars... right? RIGHT. because they dont need to meet shits worth of standards, OBD-2? more like OBD-0... crash bars, etc etc.. its all pointless if its for track, which is what it should be.

people go through all this trouble to have a fucking ancient dated ass old car. even the headlights on that r33 make me puke, the shitty RHD halogen ones... which i might add, are completely unsafe and unfit for street use much like the s13 silvia lights all you fucktards are running. if you want to dance, you gotta pay the piper. go through all the fucking hoops to make these cars safe to use on the street. unless you're delivering mail, theres no point to having a RHD car in a country where LHD are the standard. theres no cool factor about it, there have been countless tests showing that there are safety risks involved with driving on the right hand side in this country.

these cars are not rare and not special, they're as universal as the fucking corvette in the States. leave it to the playstation generation to get all emo over a shitty old sportscar. want a gtr? buy a new one. they suck anyway.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #75
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
LOL you guys are hilarious. This should not be on the priority list of the government, they are singling out such a very small minority which has no negative effect on society.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #76
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
so sad.

i voted.

nothing changed.

actually shit only got worse.

good luck in life...
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Old 03-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #77
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
there have been countless tests showing that there are safety risks involved with driving on the right hand side in this country.
Having driven a GTiR Pulsar around (RHD) a few years back, I'll be the first to admit how SHITTY is is driving one. Vantage points are all wacky, blindspots become SUPER pronounced and in general it's a bigger PITA than it's worth. Sure you can 'drive around it' but I'd rather not need to 'deal with stupid shit' on my fun car.

Quote:
want a gtr? buy a new one. they suck anyway.
Now now, they are quite fun on track. Especially because you can actually listen to the radio and have the heated seats on.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #78
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
man, people are so angry in this thread...i say just wait how ever many years we still have to wait, till they can be imported legally...then get one

or like the man said...track car
Old 03-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #79
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
or stop putting the skyline on its silver platter. It's just another fucking car, rb's can be had so easily now and the technology behind suspension works and such make it so that you can pretty much build a 240sx to preform just as well as a skyline for fractions of the cost.

The only reason you guys care so much is cause of fanboy status, a car is a car unless you are actually into tracking them and making good use out of the car.

And, to my knowledge, you get 90 days or something like that to sell the car and have proof of deportation and you get fined if Customs catches it before being registered.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #80
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Now now, they are quite fun on track. Especially because you can actually listen to the radio and have the heated seats on.
oh, and the seats suck too...

i know, i have a pair for sale
Old 03-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #81
psychos13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
psychos13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Bull shit I meet 2 guys with r32 gtr and a guy with a s13 silvia and another with a s15 Silvia and they have legally registered in California Blue tagged and everything
Old 03-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #82
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychos13 View Post
Bull shit I meet 2 guys with r32 gtr and a guy with a s13 silvia and another with a s15 Silvia and they have legally registered in California Blue tagged and everything
Old 03-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #83
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
oh, and the seats suck too...

i know, i have a pair for sale
Naaaaaaah. You find me a car that quick and that comfy for that price and I'll be sold I'm a vette guy, but be damned they are not nearly as comfy. It's like I can put a snapple in the middle and never even upset it!

I wish I cound find the pic of 4 of us in the GTR at NJMP LOL We were having a full blown conversation in that big pig and never realized we were still getting point bys hahahaha.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #84
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Naaaaaaah. You find me a car that quick and that comfy for that price and I'll be sold
E39 M5 with a blower?
Old 03-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #85
TougeKid1
Leaky Injector

TougeKid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i know this is kinda off topic but has anyone heard or done deals with japan partner ltd i've been looking at there s15's and there pretty decent price for the car+documents+ship .they also ship to Cali port long beach and they offer dismantling services so u can put it back together ur self. my question is do u think it can be registered as a kit car if u put it together ur self?

they also have other cars and skylines

this is what i'm looking into s15 spec S for 5k flat includes car,documents,shipping

http://www.japan-partner.com/company-profile.php

Old 03-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #86
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeKid1 View Post
i know this is kinda off topic but has anyone heard or done deals with japan partner ltd i've been looking at there s15's and there pretty decent price for the car+documents+ship .they also ship to Cali port long beach and they offer dismantling services so u can put it back together ur self. my question is do u think it can be registered as a kit car if u put it together ur self?

they also have other cars and skylines

this is what i'm looking into s15 spec S for 5k flat includes car,documents,shipping
In a nutshell no! You cannot register these cars as kit cars that is what kaizo( or however it was spelled) was doing down in Orange county and the Goverment started confiscating peoples cars after raiding them.

Unless you are going to use the car strictly for off road i.e. track only forget it.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 03-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #87
down_south240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
down_south240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
And if it were that cheap and easy, don't you think more people would be going that route? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #88
TougeKid1
Leaky Injector

TougeKid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_south240 View Post
And if it were that cheap and easy, don't you think more people would be going that route? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
go to the website and see for ur self... free membership
Old 03-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #89
down_south240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
down_south240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeKid1 View Post
go to the website and see for ur self... free membership
I don't have to go look at the website to tell you that if they are selling an S15 for 5k shipped that something isn't right with the picture. I sure you can find a website selling pink unicorns, but that doesn't mean that they are actually going to show up at your door.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #90
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish it was my job to go take people's Skylines, sounds pretty cool to me. But really, shut the fuck up unless you own a Skyline, I've literally heard enough about the god damn car because its really not that sick. Sure its a treat to see them eventually but do I have to molest the owner with questions about it because Im such a fanboy? Hell no. Shit, pretty much the only reason people buy them is for the attention they get from all the SNIP that act like their lives are going to be different if the few people that own these illegal Skylines can't drive them anymore...
Closed Thread