Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Drivetrain

Old 07-25-2013, 01:38 AM   #121
59bhp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
59bhp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
the cd009 is the one your after as each year they made slight revisions (basically 2005 onwards)
59bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #122
makro86

Trader Rating: (0)
makro86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks!

Seems like I'll be hard pressed to find a new one in Aus at a decent price. Might have to import one!
makro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #123
makro86

Just wondering if something like the below would be suitable considering the bell housing needs to be shaved??

Steel Driveshaft Nissan 240SX-S13 1989-1994 with 350Z 6 speed without ABS

Cheers,
Matt
Old 08-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #124
LoFoSho
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
LoFoSho is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
So I've had my plate for about 9 months now and finally got around to putting this thing on. Didn't get to go in the direction of my build that I wanted to, so I went ahead and installed this tranny anyways with a bottom mount turbo.
To make a long story short, it does not work with a bottom mount turbo.
I found a spare stock turbo elbow and spent almost 2 hours on a bench grinder so that it would clear the adapter plate and the tranny bolt on the left side.
I also found that I was missing 2 allen head screws for the adapter plate (one large/one small) and 2 bolts for the tranny (one 19mm and one 17mm).
Shooting Geroge a message now, but figured I'd let everybody know that there is no way an aftermarket turbo elbow will work with on a t2 bottom mount setup You HAVE to use a stock elbow and remove a lot of material from the side and flange for it to clear.

Aside from that everything looks great!

Edit: Mind you this setup is only temporary until I get my t3 setup pieced together.
LoFoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #125
maverickmotorsports
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
maverickmotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFoSho View Post
So I've had my plate for about 9 months now and finally got around to putting this thing on. Didn't get to go in the direction of my build that I wanted to, so I went ahead and installed this tranny anyways with a bottom mount turbo.
To make a long story short, it does not work with a bottom mount turbo.
I found a spare stock turbo elbow and spent almost 2 hours on a bench grinder so that it would clear the adapter plate and the tranny bolt on the left side.
I also found that I was missing 2 allen head screws for the adapter plate (one large/one small) and 2 bolts for the tranny (one 19mm and one 17mm).
Shooting Geroge a message now, but figured I'd let everybody know that there is no way an aftermarket turbo elbow will work with on a t2 bottom mount setup You HAVE to use a stock elbow and remove a lot of material from the side and flange for it to clear.

Aside from that everything looks great!

Edit: Mind you this setup is only temporary until I get my t3 setup pieced together.
Good to hear you got it on.

New bolts are on the way. Sorry to hear those got lost. Not sure how it happens but I'm human and sometimes I can forget things.

What bottom mount manifold are you using? We've addressed the issue with bottom mount manifolds long ago. I know a few of the knock of mani's are definitely not where they should be. There have been a few times that I've had to cut and reweld the dump tube or downpipe to clear the OE transmission with one of the knock off manifolds. I'd imagine that issue would be much worse with the bigger Z33 one.

Either everyone uses top mounts or no one else has given me this feedback. Honestly it's the first time I've heard of this once we redesigned to fit the OE stuff. Thank you for the feedback!

Sr to VQ transmission adapter, dual caliper brackets, high angle tensions rods, and more!

http://www.maverick-motorsports.com/collections/all
maverickmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #126
joe3180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
joe3180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Do you think there would be a problem with this plate if I have a t28 bottom mount, tomei manifold, and powered by max flex cobra downpipe? I havnt seen a picture of the transmission installed from below the car to judge for myself. Hopefully this setup has been tried before.
joe3180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #127
sil15yaz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
sil15yaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
anyone selling z33 gearbox cd009 inc conversion kit for sr20det s15 ?? relly need one
sil15yaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #128
LoFoSho
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
LoFoSho is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
Good to hear you got it on.

New bolts are on the way. Sorry to hear those got lost. Not sure how it happens but I'm human and sometimes I can forget things.

What bottom mount manifold are you using? We've addressed the issue with bottom mount manifolds long ago. I know a few of the knock of mani's are definitely not where they should be. There have been a few times that I've had to cut and reweld the dump tube or downpipe to clear the OE transmission with one of the knock off manifolds. I'd imagine that issue would be much worse with the bigger Z33 one.

Either everyone uses top mounts or no one else has given me this feedback. Honestly it's the first time I've heard of this once we redesigned to fit the OE stuff. Thank you for the feedback!
Sorry it took me a while to reply. I'm actually running an s15sr20 with the stock manifold and turbo. I'm not cutting up my PowerByMax Cobra pipe so I resorted to grinding down a stock turbo elbow. I ended taking so much material off that I suspect running it would lead to an inevitable and certain exhaust leak soon after install. So I took the tranny off and I'm just sticking to the a stock 5 speed for now. I don't have the time or means to be chopping and welding some aftermarket turbo elbow to work either. I guess I'll just have to wait until I finish building my s13 sr20 and the transmission will go in with that and a top mount setup.

Still waiting on those bolts! Haven't seen them yet, but there is really no hurry now since I won't be using the transmission for at least another month or two. haha

Edit: I even tried a stock s13 manifold and an aftermarket Megan Racing manifold to no avail. It still required just as much grinding away of material for the stock turbo elbow to clear, and like I already said, there was absolutely NO WAY the PBM Cobra pipe was going to work without some extensive chopping and welding. A good 1/2" of material would need to be removed to have enough clearance to make me feel comfortable with running it, and at that point you might as well just buy a t25 5 bolt flange and make a custom turbo elbow to clear.
LoFoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #129
maverickmotorsports
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFoSho View Post
Sorry it took me a while to reply. I'm actually running an s15sr20 with the stock manifold and turbo. I'm not cutting up my PowerByMax Cobra pipe so I resorted to grinding down a stock turbo elbow. I ended taking so much material off that I suspect running it would lead to an inevitable and certain exhaust leak soon after install. So I took the tranny off and I'm just sticking to the a stock 5 speed for now. I don't have the time or means to be chopping and welding some aftermarket turbo elbow to work either. I guess I'll just have to wait until I finish building my s13 sr20 and the transmission will go in with that and a top mount setup.

Still waiting on those bolts! Haven't seen them yet, but there is really no hurry now since I won't be using the transmission for at least another month or two. haha

Edit: I even tried a stock s13 manifold and an aftermarket Megan Racing manifold to no avail. It still required just as much grinding away of material for the stock turbo elbow to clear, and like I already said, there was absolutely NO WAY the PBM Cobra pipe was going to work without some extensive chopping and welding. A good 1/2" of material would need to be removed to have enough clearance to make me feel comfortable with running it, and at that point you might as well just buy a t25 5 bolt flange and make a custom turbo elbow to clear.
I'm not sure why you are having so many problems. I've sold 150+ of these so either everyone is using top mounts or I haven't heard about it.

I mention in the original post that these are Revision 2 plates which have more clearance for OEM bottom mount turbos. We had this problem with our original plates(circa 2009) but it was redesigned into the new version.

Sorry to hear about the issues. If you could take some pics that would help me out. The only feedback I've heard so far is that they do work.

Thanks!

Sr to VQ transmission adapter, dual caliper brackets, high angle tensions rods, and more!

Old 10-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #130
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
George has anybody figured out how to get the oem speedometer working with the z33 trans? Also are you able to find a good trans and do all the modifications to it for somebody that is looking to buy a full swap ready to go?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #131
makro86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
George has anybody figured out how to get the oem speedometer working with the z33 trans? Also are you able to find a good trans and do all the modifications to it for somebody that is looking to buy a full swap ready to go?
Sy, with a little bit of electronics, and getting some type of gear tooth on the tail shaft, a hall effect sensor can be used and the signal converted into something the standard dash cluster can read.

If anyone is interested in this, I can look at writing up a guide or even making up a (primitive) kit.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #132
Upetr

Upetr is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to confirm - I got a plate from George and I have a s13 blacktop with a stock downpipe and a GTX2867R and it fits no problem
Upetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #133
maverickmotorsports
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Most people go with an ABS diff or ABS front knuckles and use the sensors to feed a dakota digital box which converts the signal to OEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makro86 View Post
Sy, with a little bit of electronics, and getting some type of gear tooth on the tail shaft, a hall effect sensor can be used and the signal converted into something the standard dash cluster can read.

If anyone is interested in this, I can look at writing up a guide or even making up a (primitive) kit.
That would be really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upetr View Post
Just to confirm - I got a plate from George and I have a s13 blacktop with a stock downpipe and a GTX2867R and it fits no problem
Thanks man! How's the 2867 working out for you? I'm really leaning pretty hard on getting one and running that same setup.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #134
Upetr

Well I got the 2867 last year in April and there have been no issues with it. In terms of response - it makes a bit more power than a t25 under 2000rpm but it doesn't go on full boost at 2500rpm like a T25 did. But from 3000rpm upwards it comes on pretty quick. Above that - there is no comparison. So far I had the T25, T28, Skyline GTS-T, T3/T4 and the GTX turbo on the Sr20dets.

The most responsive was the Skyline turbo with a graphite compressor wheel (felt plastic) and ceramic turbine. But a month later the turbine wheel was lodged in my rear silencer. The rest sucked in different ways so I am very happy with the GTX.

With the 6 speed box it seems to work really well to be honest. I felt like I needed earlier boost with the 5 speed due to the long gearing (3.692 diff).

Just ordered a Dakota box to get my speedo working

Last edited by Upetr; 11-20-2013 at 08:07 AM..
Old 11-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #135
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upetr View Post
it makes a bit more power than a t25 under 2000rpm but it doesn't go on full boost at 2500rpm like a T25 did.
Your make more power with the Z33 tranmission??

Good god this swap is awesome
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #136
Upetr

No - not more power as the transmission will not help with that.
But I found the stock gears to be too long so unless you revved it quite high under normal conditions before going into next gear - you wouldn't be able to just accelerate unless you slipped the clutch or something. This way it feels like you're always in a gear where you can get going quickly. Even easier to pull away from stand still as well without having to rev up too high where you end up with either too much wheel spin or not enough revs and it bogs down.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #137
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I ordered this setup from the Maverick Motorsports dudes and it will be going in my car shortly! Thanks guys! I can finally take this GTX2863 off the car and put on something bigger without blowing up more transmissions!

aaronlosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #138
Upetr

Yeah - my targets were lower before. Mine is a daily with 1 bar boost and it still stripped 3rd gear with street tyres and a stockish clutch eventually
Old 12-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #139
hks4life
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
hks4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
looks like ima need one of these soon
hks4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #140
maverickmotorsports
Zilvia Junkie

Back in stock!

Thank Upetr for the insight. That sounds like a fun setup!

Old 12-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #141
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
I'll probably end up having to buy everything except the trans and just holding out for a good deal haha.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:54 PM   #142
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
PM sent
Old 01-26-2014, 02:57 PM   #143
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

turbronegro is an unknown quantity at this point
Still doing the shifter modifications?
turbronegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #144
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I'm waiting for the revised adapter plate for the HR trans. Nice talking to you about it today at IFO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #145
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Just bought an adapter plate and hr trans off someone that already modified the plate haha. Only thing is idk what to do about the throw out bearing? Seems to be different pivot, arm, and bearing carrier options, also my ORC clutch uses a smaller diameter bearing than a normal sr20 clutch...
Old 04-29-2014, 12:50 PM   #146
datsrus

datsrus is an unknown quantity at this point
z33 adaptor kit for sr20det

hi have u got any of these kits in stock need adaptor plate shifter bracket and shifter how much to ship to uk post code ig2 6ne thanks
datsrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #147
crewchief05
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
crewchief05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Apparently Georges trans mount doesn't work. How did you modify the trans x member? Did you use the s13/s14 and mod it or did you use the z33 trans x member and modify it?
crewchief05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:45 PM   #148
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Z33 to SR20 Adapters are back! Limited quantities!

This runs the SR clutch and flywheel, right?

Found it, it does..
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #149
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
This runs the SR clutch and flywheel, right?

Found it, it does..
Yeah it does, and i'm thinking about selling my HR cd009 with 10k miles if you might be interested. I kind of want to find a non-hr cd009.