Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s13 Old Build, Small Updates

So I've been around on these forums for a long time. Never really post much, just on purely to admire everyone else's cars. Well I've been working on my car still here and there religiously and decided why not show what I’ve done. I originally posted my build back in the day on Nicoclub and was able to remember my password and find my original build post http://forums.nicoclub.com/topic269297.html.

What I’ve done most recent is just get my valve cover powder coated and new BWR oil cap. Last year I went and pretty much gutted the car and put in a new RHD dash. I also converted the car to power windows, I put in 180sx seat belts, new carpet, new gauges, new battery, and installed Evo 8 seats. My plan hopefully soon is to get new coilovers and put on kouki type-x aero. Then repaint the whole car to freshen it up. As well as upgrade to a new turbo possibly a GTX-2867r or the Precision 5130 bolt-on turbo, new injectors, and tune it. Still haven't decided on what aftermarket ecm I want, I've been thinking of using enthalpy. Hope everyone enjoys the pictures.

Dash donor half cut:

Donor doors:

These doors were very clean no rust at all. Just transferring everything over to my car. Luckily when I converted my car to RHD I ended switching out my old body harness for another usdm harness that had power windows.

Removing the old manual seat belts. I converted to manual ones using spare seat belts from an acura integra.

180sx seat belts:

EVO 8 Seats:

In the pic above, the driver/passenger seat sat to high. I ended deciding to by one Bride seat rail. I'm going to end up buying another for the passenger side.

Powder coated valve cover:

Pics from this weekend:

My attempt of being fancy with the my phone camera.

Cheapy O'reilly floor mats. They'll due until I can save for my Coco mats.

A buddy caught me cruising the old hood

Thanks for taking a look.

Last edited by k00laid83; 04-12-2017 at 08:49 AM..
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #2
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Love it!
Old 04-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #3
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Love it!
Thanks bro.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #4
xataustin

Trader Rating: (0)
xataustin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rad, what Gauges do you have in the cluster?
xataustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:27 AM   #5
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xataustin View Post
Rad, what Gauges do you have in the cluster?
I'm running speedhut gauges. They're the GPS Speedo, Tach, Fuel, Water temp, Oil pressure, and boost gauge. I totally love these gauges, best decision I've made.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:10 PM   #6
R_Rod_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
R_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So all you had to do to the evo seats was just buy the bride brackets and it just drops in ?
R_Rod_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #7
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Rod_s13 View Post
So all you had to do to the evo seats was just buy the bride brackets and it just drops in ?
Oh no they were way more involved. I ended up doing a lot of research on toyota supra forums. A lot of guys use these seats in their MK4 Supras, and they had a ton of info. They also advised using Bride Type-MO seat brackets. I ended just buying one for now and it's part number #N049MO.

The reason you want to use these rails is that come with adapter brackets that work on these seats and seat low. You'll have to drill out a some bolt holes as well as drill a couple of new ones.

Also, these Evo 8 seats have spacers welded to the bottom of the seat and I ended up cutting them off. I did that thinking that it would make the seat sit lower, but the bottom of the seat was hitting the seat rail brackets which made it difficult to move the seat back and forward. I ended up buying chrome 1/4 inch spacers from home depot to space it out correctly. Oh before I forget these seats have the seat lever bracket welded to the bottom of the seat as well. You'll have to cut those brackets off of the bottom seat frame so that the seat sits flat on the bride rails.

I used these two posts on Supra Forum to figure out how these bride adapter brackets bolted to the Evo 8 seats. If you look at the 22nd post in the link below you'll see a picture of the bottom of the Evo seats where they highlighted with green dots of holes that need to be drilled out and of the brackets that need to be cut off.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...o-Wedge-thread
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...-Bracket/page2

I went ahead and provided a couple other links that helped me out as well.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ctory-recaro-s
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...KIV-here/page2

Hope this info helps you. Just to let you know these seats sit a little higher because the bottom seat is thick. I'm just a tiny bit higher compared to my s14 seats I had. If you have any other questions let me know.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:22 AM   #8
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

So a buddy of mine wanted to take a few professional pics of my car since he's trying to develop his portfolio. I think they turned out real nice.

Here are a couple I took.

Here are a few pics he took.