Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-06-2005, 05:19 PM   #1
rsxyz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
rsxyz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problems with fuel pump on sr swap

My sr is ready to run but ive encountered some fuel problems.
What is happening is when i turn the key to the on position , the car sends the fuel for 3 seconds and it stops . I knwo the fuel is suppose to stop after 3 seconds if the flywheel isnt moving but after i go to crank the car , it gets no fuel at all . Im not sure what is happening. So then I pull the key out and let the car sit for a while. This time i dont pause when i turn the key to the on position and go right to cranking , the car runs for 3 seconds then it stops
because its getting no fuel . For the 3 seconds it was running , it was normal.

So now what's being done is were hardwiring the fuel pump to a switch and putting it in the glovebox. I dont like the idea of having an extra step when im starting and turning off the car , can someone please help me. Im using a walbro 255lph and Ive checked teh relays and fuses , the wires in the fuel pump were spliced black to black and red to red. The black wire to pink stripe has been repinned near the battery location. I might have missed something simple , please help me , thanks in advance.
rsxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #2
rsxyz
Zilvia Member

rsxyz is an unknown quantity at this point
Would it be bad if i hooked up the power to the fuel pimp to a switched 12v source , i know this sounds dumb , but i need some input.
rsxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:14 PM   #3
4U2NV

4U2NV is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 4U2NV
Not to sound stupid but did you have the lines hooked up to the fuel rail backwards?
Old 04-07-2005, 08:01 AM   #4
Angel
Zilvia Junkie

Angel is making a name for him/her selfAngel is making a name for him/her selfAngel is making a name for him/her self
Ideally you should check into why that relay is kicking itself back off... but if you are going to just work around it I would suggest running it off a relay rather than a switch that you would have to turn on and off each time......
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:23 AM   #5
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
it is a safty feature in fuel injected cars the pump shuts off after 3-5 seconds if the flywheel isnt moving it doesnt matter because it should turn on immideately once the flywheel starts to move.
did you check your fuel lines? return line comes off of the regulator and goes to the lower hardline

if you do hot wire the pump search on here there was a thread last week about how to wire in a relay so it will be switched by turning on your key