Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #301
norcalslider
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
norcalslider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i need quick help..im installing my aftermarket HU and need to hook up the antenna turn on but i dont see the light green or black w red stripe,is there an alternative wire i can use. also from reading stuff it has to be hooked up to hear sound
norcalslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2011, 06:57 PM   #302
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know you don't think it's a good idea. What if i did seal it? would it work better. I Would just like to have the extra space without having to take out boxes and what not. I was thinking about like some undercoating like you would a cars underside along the wall. Maybe fiberglass or the birchwood? I'm just playing around with ideas. just trying to find a box to fit the back is going to be tougher, I don't remember it being that big of a space... I'll check tomorrow.

thanks again for your input.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #303
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
32x10x8

jhgkjfkhgkhfdyr
Old 02-21-2011, 12:14 AM   #304
Seikenman

Trader Rating: (6)
Seikenman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
message edited

Last edited by Seikenman; 12-14-2016 at 09:02 PM..
Seikenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #305
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

well I was looking at some other subs now. MAybe to shoe horn a box in there. But at that size i only have 1.6 cu ft of room. which I can make a sealed box for two subs that need .83 cu ft each... is that correct?
Old 02-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #306
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Any modern 10" woofer will be very happy in .75ft^3 of space. You could build a very nice vented 10" box like I did (I think mine was 1.6ft^3 with a HUGE port) for a single woofer, or go dual woofers in a sealed box. I'm currently using AVI SL250's in my truck (transplanted from my FD). Very tight response, still loud, doesn't need a ton of power.

Also, I build all my boxes for sports cars (where weight is a concern) out of 1/2" birch that I then pour a little fiberglass resin into to seal it. Stays very rigid (as rigid as MDF) and is almost half the weight of 3/4" MDF. That also gives you a little more internal volume.

Don't forget to poly-fill your box if you go sealed.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #307
norcalslider
Zilvia Member

im having a bit of trouble with my install well not so much that but the deck will not hold memory,is there any other place i can try?
Old 02-23-2011, 01:52 AM   #308
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
If your deck is not holding memory, your constant +12V wire is not hooked up (or you have a REALLY horrible grounding location).

Check your fuses first, then pull the deck and check for power on the red wire going into the head unit.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 02-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #309
norcalslider
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
If your deck is not holding memory, your constant +12V wire is not hooked up (or you have a REALLY horrible grounding location).

Check your fuses first, then pull the deck and check for power on the red wire going into the head unit.
my ground is good its hooked up to the shifter nut cover,how do i check to see if its getting power to the wire oh wait it has to be working because in order for the deck to even turn on both 12v have to be hooked up
Old 02-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #310
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalslider View Post
my ground is good its hooked up to the shifter nut cover,how do i check to see if its getting power to the wire oh wait it has to be working because in order for the deck to even turn on both 12v have to be hooked up
That's where you're wrong, just about every deck turns on with the ignition-switched +12V wire, just uses the constant to store memory.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #311
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Any modern 10" woofer will be very happy in .75ft^3 of space. You could build a very nice vented 10" box like I did (I think mine was 1.6ft^3 with a HUGE port) for a single woofer, or go dual woofers in a sealed box. I'm currently using AVI SL250's in my truck (transplanted from my FD). Very tight response, still loud, doesn't need a ton of power.

Also, I build all my boxes for sports cars (where weight is a concern) out of 1/2" birch that I then pour a little fiberglass resin into to seal it. Stays very rigid (as rigid as MDF) and is almost half the weight of 3/4" MDF. That also gives you a little more internal volume.

Don't forget to poly-fill your box if you go sealed.
would it be crazy to have a ported and a sealed box next to each other???
Old 02-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #312
norcalslider
Zilvia Member

Quote:
That's where you're wrong, just about every deck turns on with the ignition-switched +12V wire, just uses the constant to store memory.
the constant is the red w black stripe 12v battery correct and thats what i have hooked up but its not keeping memory or am i wrong and the blue is the constant
Old 02-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #313
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
would it be crazy to have a ported and a sealed box next to each other???
Would do much more harm than good. When you have two drivers with different frequency responses (like one ported 10 and one sealed 10) you would get constructive and destructive interference, like you sometimes get with subs and mids that have their crossovers not set correctly. Sounds like crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalslider View Post
the constant is the red w black stripe 12v battery correct and thats what i have hooked up but its not keeping memory or am i wrong and the blue is the constant
S13 - 1994 Nissan 240 SX Stereo Wiring Information

S14 - 1998 Nissan 240 SX Stereo Wiring Information

Test to make sure there's voltage on that wire with a multimeter or test light, if all your fuses in the driver's side kick panel are good (like I said in my first response).

Old 02-24-2011, 12:58 AM   #314
norcalslider
Zilvia Member

yup thought so,mine isnt holding memory
Old 02-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #315
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Would do much more harm than good. When you have two drivers with different frequency responses (like one ported 10 and one sealed 10) you would get constructive and destructive interference, like you sometimes get with subs and mids that have their crossovers not set correctly. Sounds like crap.
Wow thanks man! okay well two tens in a sealed box it is...Or would you recommend a bass tube? I have never heard one. ANd I am very skeptical about them.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #316
nelsen

nelsen is an unknown quantity at this point
infinity kappa component speakers in all 4 corners, alpine hu, alpine pdx m6 amp, alpine type s 10 sub
nelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #317
RocketOgre
Leaky Injector

RocketOgre is an unknown quantity at this point
I figured I'd best just bring this thread back from the dead instead of starting a new one so:

I'm pretty set on the nice components up front 10" sub in the back run by one 4channel amp idea that seems to be the status quo in this thread, my question is this: I've been doing probably way too much reading around the net on rear fill and it seems to be a universal truth that when done right it is a huge improvement to a system, broader stage stronger mids and lows improved imaging blah blah blah. Most of those guides suggest things far beyond the budget system I'm planning wiring into and out of amps and processors in different ways to (L-R) etc. Any good ways to get the desired effects while still retaining a minimalist system? I.E. can I just wire my deck to the rears do such and such with the equalizer and sit back and listen to the improvements? My main reason for wanting to retain the rears is like so many I have a loud car and those extra speakers will go a long way overcoming my exhaust without putting heavy sound deadening all over my sweet race car
Old 06-24-2011, 03:05 AM   #318
kTrainHurricane
Zilvia Member

kTrainHurricane is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketOgre View Post
I figured I'd best just bring this thread back from the dead instead of starting a new one so:

I'm pretty set on the nice components up front 10" sub in the back run by one 4channel amp idea that seems to be the status quo in this thread, my question is this: I've been doing probably way too much reading around the net on rear fill and it seems to be a universal truth that when done right it is a huge improvement to a system, broader stage stronger mids and lows improved imaging blah blah blah. Most of those guides suggest things far beyond the budget system I'm planning wiring into and out of amps and processors in different ways to (L-R) etc. Any good ways to get the desired effects while still retaining a minimalist system? I.E. can I just wire my deck to the rears do such and such with the equalizer and sit back and listen to the improvements? My main reason for wanting to retain the rears is like so many I have a loud car and those extra speakers will go a long way overcoming my exhaust without putting heavy sound deadening all over my sweet race car
Skip rear fill. Spend that money on a better front stage and/or sound deadening.
kTrainHurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #319
joemon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
joemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
All Kenwood setup with dc audio subwoofers
dual batterys with all 0ga wiring
-custom built floor box for two 12in subwoofers with flush black carpeting panels
-kenwood kvt-512 deck (7in flip up touch screen deck with kenwood remote)
-kenwood KGC-9044 eq (really rare)
-speaker 6.5in conversion adaption both front and rears
-kenwood kfc 1682ie speakers (6.5in 3-ways on all 4 corners)
-DC labs audio lvl4 subwoofers (a pair)
-kenwood x1200m amp (2 of them)
-kenwood x600f amp (4ch amp)
-rear battery is kinetik HC1200 and hc2400
-tweets in the grill outside the car on their own amp
-xscorpion volt meter

joemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #320
jacobs13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jacobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
damn dude two dc l4s? Are you trying to make your car rattle apart? haha nice setuo though
jacobs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #321
joemon
Zilvia Junkie

That's wat I want to do but I need a new box design for these dc and tune it to lower hz
Old 08-25-2011, 12:40 AM   #322
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Pioneer head unit + stock s13 speakers. I stopped listening to music when I yanked out the KA and dropped in the SR.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #323
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Any car audio wizs out here that can help me with my problem, I think the the promblem is called an "alternator whine" When i have my stereo turned off i dont hear it when im accelerating or anything but when I have my stereo on and turned down a little I hear a whine as soon as I accelerate or give it any throttle. Could it be due to poor rvc wires? My setup is a 5 channel amp hooked to all my speakers and a 10 inch jl sub.
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #324
DoobieS13
Zilvia Junkie

DoobieS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey i got a question for you audio dudes. all i want is to plug my phone in and listen to Pandora radio. i don't have a radio at all in my car due to my gauge panel. do they make something with a aux port that i can hook up to my amp that i have and run through my speakers...if not can i rig something up? thanks
DoobieS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #325
joemon
Zilvia Junkie

@jonathong
Check ur grounds
Or most likely its ur rca cable is to close to it power wire
Run ur power line on the opposite side of the car
Or wrap ur rca wires in heat shrink or tape

@doobies13
Male 3.5mm Plug Stereo Splitter to 2 Male RCA Plugs 6 FT. Cable for iPod, iRiver, Zune, Audiovox FMM100 FM Modulator or other AUX adapter:Amazon:Electronics
Old 08-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #326
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Edit: ^^^^beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathong View Post
Any car audio wizs out here that can help me with my problem, I think the the promblem is called an "alternator whine" When i have my stereo turned off i dont hear it when im accelerating or anything but when I have my stereo on and turned down a little I hear a whine as soon as I accelerate or give it any throttle. Could it be due to poor rvc wires? My setup is a 5 channel amp hooked to all my speakers and a 10 inch jl sub.
You could have several issues:

Make sure your signal wires(RCA cables) are ran down the opposite side of the car from the power wire and remote turn-on.
Any component in the audio system(head unit, amplifier, processor) might have an improper ground. Make sure all grounds have less the 1ohm of resistance.
You may just have cheap equipment that is prone to ground loop issues.

Start with these then get back to me if you are still having issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieS13 View Post
hey i got a question for you audio dudes. all i want is to plug my phone in and listen to Pandora radio. i don't have a radio at all in my car due to my gauge panel. do they make something with a aux port that i can hook up to my amp that i have and run through my speakers...if not can i rig something up? thanks
You can simply just get an 1/8" to RCA cable and plug it into your amplifier to try it out. However, you will most likely need a preamp to get the proper preamp voltage into the amplifier.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #327
DoobieS13
Zilvia Junkie

DoobieS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Edit: ^^^^beat me to it.

You can simply just get an 1/8" to RCA cable and plug it into your amplifier to try it out. However, you will most likely need a preamp to get the proper preamp voltage into the amplifier.
yea that's what i was going to use but i didn't know if it would sound good if i wanted to crank it up. what could i use as a pre amp?
DoobieS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #328
joemon
Zilvia Junkie

Lol Sry I did beat u to it.
But u r the certify one to listen too haha

But doobies13 without a headunit there's not much u can do that I kno of.

But the cable to ur amp from ur phone, ipod, mp3 player, ect. Will be ur only choice that I see.
Just don't turn ur phone volume all the way up leave it 95% volume up
Old 09-09-2011, 07:09 AM   #329
azngangster2002

azngangster2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
subwoofer go bangbang

Last edited by azngangster2002; 11-07-2013 at 04:26 PM..
azngangster2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:28 AM   #330
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

HIGHFIVEBETA is an unknown quantity at this point
What set of speakers would you all recommend for a setup of only 2 fronts? I removed my rears and have no subs either. Plane jane basic 2 fronts setup. So I want a set of good bumping speakers with good sound quality. Please help!
HIGHFIVEBETA is offline   Reply With Quote