Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:39 AM   #1
JL240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
JL240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Dyno results look off??

Had my car dyno tuned by a local shop here in but something seems off with the #s, this is a sr20det running gt2871r .86 with Jim wolf s4 cams and water meth, I’ve seen many similar builds with comparable hp but the torque # is way higher than what I’ve seen before does this look off to you?

391 hp 436tq

Id post the dyno chart but not sure how to upload an image on here try this link

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4847/3...78bc57_o_d.png
JL240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Dyno results look off??

Looks like the dyne is broken... lol. That is insane torque for an SR.

Are you stock bottom end? Stock compression ratio?
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:59 AM   #3
JL240
Leaky Injector

Yes stock internals, stock compression
Try this https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4847/3...78bc57_o_d.png
Old 01-06-2019, 11:00 AM   #4
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Dyno results look off??

Interesting, my SR made 300 300 with a similar setup but a GT28R rather than a 2871.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:05 AM   #5
JL240
Leaky Injector

I’ve seen similar set ups with same hp but the ya was like in the 350s or less, I’m not sure if these guys are trying to f me around it doesn’t seam right to me
Old 01-14-2019, 01:29 PM   #6
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL240 View Post
I’ve seen similar set ups with same hp but the ya was like in the 350s or less, I’m not sure if these guys are trying to f me around it doesn’t seam right to me
I had my sr with e85 instead of meth dyno with 360hp and 405tq
But I was spinning a little on the dyno and think that caused the torque to be higher.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:27 PM   #7
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Take it to a dynojet, you can't fool one (a couple percent but thats it)

I think with the mustang dyno, they can modify the graph up or down as much as they want.

Looks like the boost spikes a little then drops off too.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:03 AM   #8
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Numbers mean nothing. They're a theoretical measurement. There are too many variables involved. People are so into the chasing numbers, when they're really for reference only. Dynos are a fantastic tool for tuning purposes, there is no denying that.

Does the car run/drive well, and are you happy with how it feels? If so, then thats what matters, not the numbers.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:07 AM   #9
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Yup...dyno results are ridiculous...the only "accurate" way is the Kw measurement or how much energy is generated by the rolling of the dyno. Another way is by doing quarter mile and do the math against it...will be a little off but will give you proper numbers too
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:04 AM   #10
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
A dynojet is pretty standard. Or rather it can be used as a standard.
For example two cars on the dynojet having 200 horsepower- you can be fairly certain that at that exact moment both of them are accelerating the roller the same '200 horses' worth of power.

The same can not be said for any other dyno afaik
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:37 PM   #11
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Numbers mean nothing. They're a theoretical measurement. There are too many variables involved. People are so into the chasing numbers, when they're really for reference only. Dynos are a fantastic tool for tuning purposes, there is no denying that.

Does the car run/drive well, and are you happy with how it feels? If so, then thats what matters, not the numbers.

I'm in the same train of thought. A dyno is just a tool, and the number can just let you know how good or bad a job you did at putting together the right combination of parts. How does the a/f look the whole way through? How does the car drive on partial throttle? If it were my car, and I was having second thoughts on the person tuning my car, I wouldn't go to that tuner. You need to really trust who's fucking with your car, you have a lot of money involved in this, and you don't want some guy blowing smoke up you, just so he can make a quick buck.